Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Flacco is the new OC, not Caldwell

Of course Caldwell is going to call some plays here and there, adjust the offense to game plans, and manage the players. But by and large, this is now Flacco's offense to run. I won't be surprised if we go no huddle completely now with Flacco, apart from in obvious situations like goal line plays or when we have to run the clock.

I just hope the route trees are much quicker timed, and Caldwell wants to implant slants into that dusty old play book of Cam so that Flacco can use them in the no huddle.

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco is the new OC, not Caldwell

I really wouldn't mind them doing this like Manning is allowed, and Brady and Brees etc.... If he wants that kind of money let him show it. these next 3 or 4 or 5 weeks are going to be exciting.

Blog Entries

why didn't he change the play on a couple of those yesterday when it was clear the D had the numbers? Not sure he has that great of a pre-snap recognition but I guess we'll find out

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    why didn't he change the play on a couple of those yesterday when it was clear the D had the numbers? Not sure he has that great of a pre-snap recognition but I guess we'll find out
    Because to get rid of Cameron, he had to do what Cameron said and let that play out.

It's been self-evident that Cam needs to go for two seasons now...self-evident to everyone but Harbaugh. Joe needed to give Cam exactly what he wanted to finally get that across to Harbs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by goodandfast View Post
    Because to get rid of Cameron, he had to do what Cameron said and let that play out.

It's been self-evident that Cam needs to go for two seasons now...self-evident to everyone but Harbaugh. Joe needed to give Cam exactly what he wanted to finally get that across to Harbs.
    Hilarious comment that is 95 % likely far from the truth lol, but in theory it would kind of make sense I guess. I very much doubt Joe would do that though.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Indeed,

Blog Entries

I'll believe this when I see it. I'm not anti-Harbs, I just don't think it's his philosophy.

I'm not going to go as far as others and say that he's simply not ALLOWED to change the play, but you have to question why he didn't when we KNOW he has the ability to do so and has done so in the past, particularly out of the no-huddle. We all know Cam Cameron is an incredible control freak on offense so it's not illogical to suggest Joe's audible options are highly limited especially in certain situations.

Also note how often yesterday the offense was breaking the huddle with 10 or 12 seconds left on the play clock... very hard to change the play when you have no time to do so. In fact, Flacco had to burn a TO in a similar situation earlier in the game and surely got reamed for it on the sidelines. Needless to say he still needed to adjust somehow, burning another TO would have been better than running the play and protection as called.

I don't buy this one bit.

Joe is going to have input and as we read from various press releases today, he's going to have more flexibility for sure.

But to call Joe the defacto OC? Please. Players not named named Peyton Manning get paid to listen to coaches and do what their coaches say. Joe is no different.

Blog Entries

So you're saying Joe was maliciously obedient? LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I don't buy this one bit.

Joe is going to have input and as we read from various press releases today, he's going to have more flexibility for sure.

But to call Joe the defacto OC? Please. Players not named named Peyton Manning get paid to listen to coaches and do what their coaches say. Joe is no different.

This.

I'm sure he'll have some say in the plays that are called and more flexibillity to change at the LOS, but he has a very different job to do. He needs to execute the game plan, not put it together.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis