Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Re: Raven Rumor Thread

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    that would be great for Michigan...would suck for us.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuraven View Post
    Please God no.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    The problem with Joe wasn't the back. He broke his knee brace I believe in that Houston game and from that point from what I understand on he didn't wear one. And who did he look like after that? More or less, the pre-ACL injury Joe. He wore the brace all of 2016, too.
    So, you think the knee brace was impacting him?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    At what point does talent enter into it though? It's all well and good to fire the OC (and I'm not married to MM in any way.) But seriously -- in that Bengal game can you name me one offensive player besides Ronnie Stanley who would be starting for Pittsburgh? Our #1 WR (Wallace) would be lucky to see the field occasionally in 4-wide packages if he was a Steeler. Our line apart from Jensen and Stanley would not even be good enough to be backups on the Steelers. None of our TEs would be game-day actives for Pittsburgh.

The easiest thing to do is to fire the coach. But then you are starting all over AGAIN with a new OC. If Kubiak or Roman gets the gig, I'd be fine with it, because it is not a completely new system.

But consider this: a great many people on this board believe that one of Joe's shortcomings is his football IQ. Given that even really good QBs have down seasons when they change coordinators, how do you suppose it affects Joe to have a new offensive system to learn every freaking year?

The only coach that should go based solely on results is Bobby Engram. And I like Bobby Engram. But when all of your receivers consistently drop balls that hit them in the hands, that's a firable offense for a WR coach.
    Talent absolutely plays a part. Absolutely.

Blog Entries

well there goes Greg maybe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    No they were not being conservative. Joes back wasn't a problem in 2016 and our offense was absolute garbage, it got worse when MM took over for Trestman.

You keep wanting to blame some phantom problem out there in the ether (Back problem, knee problem, Joe missed training camp) LOL He is a 10 year vet so what he missed training camp.

There is one reason behind this garbage scheme and its the lousy coaches designing it.

The offense didn't change this year, until Pitta went public about the 1 read/ checkdown thing and all of sudden 2 weeks later we see a vertical passing game.

GEt on board. This coaching staff sucks!, that's all you need to know about why this team underperformed, and under whelmed
    Did the team really under perform?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    their whole schedule was easy, it won't be that easy next year.
    There's no telling whos gonna suck and who isn't next year.

Blog Entries

I wonder with Roman leaving possibly if this is a sign of the offensive coaching staff been given their slips quietly? Roman would be the only one who stood a chance of staying because he did his job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    There's no telling whos gonna suck and who isn't next year.
    I am willing to bet a whole month paycheck that schedule won't be that easy again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    So, you think the knee brace was impacting him?
    If it's true what I read about him playing the rest of the season without it after it broke, then yes. Back injury would explain the poor play this year early on, but not last year. The brace would. We'd all probably agree he looked a LOT more mobile late in the year, no?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I wonder with Roman leaving possibly if this is a sign of the offensive coaching staff been given their slips quietly? Roman would be the only one who stood a chance of staying because he did his job.
    Hasent he always pretty much been with JIM Harbaugh? He was with him atleast at Stanford and SF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk