Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens have reached out to Chuck Pagano

He still has two years left on his deal. So any salary that he earns will reduce his Colts salary. Typically in these cases, coaches take a year or two off to minimize the number of years that they're coaching for free.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I don't think Correa is going to be a good ILB.

He looks lost out there. He is athletic, but he spends too much time reading and not enough time reacting.

He's often a step behind the play and it costs him (case in point - the Bengals TD on Sunday, Correa was just straight up late to the TE)

I was banging the table for Correa to be drafted. Lovedhim on tape and loved his skillset, but he does not have the same speed that the tape showed. Whether it was plays from ILB or OLB, he was flying off the ball. He does not fly off the ball and he didn't even when playing OLB in TC+Preseason of his rookie year
    That was a perfectly thrown ball. He was infront of Kroft, it was just high and away. There wasnt anything he was going to do better in that situation. Sometimes the offense can make a play too, and I think that was the case on that particular play. He was there when the ball was, so I dont think that was late.

Ill agree that I do think hes still thinking too much, rather than just playing, but that comes with experience. he needs PT to learn and get comfortable.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 01-03-2018 at 11:48 AM.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    As long as it ain't Pees. There's at least a half dozen significant upgrades at Defensive Coordinator out there right now. The Ravens can't possibly fuck this up.
    You just had to say that didn't you? Now they will surely fuck it up. Pretty sure I just heard them say "hold my beer" lol

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The only team that scored more points in the last 8 games of the season was the Rams. There is 0.0% chance that Marty is replaced.
    Not just that, we finished top-10 in scoring, in the whole NFL! (#9)

Sure, a lot of that was defense and field position. (Really great spec teams, unsung heroes.) But still: when you finish top-10 in scoring, with all the issues and upheaval we had on offense, esp with injuries to the O-line – it's very difficult to make a case that Marty should be replaced. His partnership with Greg Roman proved very effective.

I'm not in love with Marty M's offense. But neither Kyle Shanahan nor Sean McVay are coming; and the Marty/Roman team was at least professional, competent, and effective. They surprised teams here & there with some stuff. Get a yards-after-catch player in here – or hell, a possession receiver who can just catch the damn ball – and the offensive play-calling will look fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Hey wasn’t Disco NWO at one point?? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure by the end of it all, everyone in WCW as well as those not under contract there were in the NWO. lol Started out awesome then got saturated to being lame

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    My NE co-workers hate Pees leaving the Ravens, hate Pagano returning more, but happy Harbaugh's staying. Just sharing.
    Well, that seems silly, since Harbaugh has beaten New England in Foxboro twice in the playoffs. Every year the Ravens seem to be at the top of the list of teams the Pats would prefer to avoid in the postseason.

I hope we fuck them up next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Ok. I'm in.
    I mean, as you know there are no guarantees. We had Ray and Ed and Haloti and so forth.

Also, who knows to what extent coaching in Indy has crushed Pagano's spirit. Maybe he's all about making the "safe" percentage play now. Lots of things could go wrong.

But yeah, if we could return to that balls-out spirit, games would be so much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Agreed. But who on this current defense would he reach out to for ideas?
    Are Ravens players allowed to have ideas of their own?
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    It would be quite something if guys like Correa, Bowser, etc. got utilized in roles they did in college and actually flourished here giving validation to what we already know.
    That’s what we need. A DC to come in and take stock of the roster and figure out what everyone does well then put them in position to succeed.

Build the system around the players’ natural skills and select players to fit the system.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    LOL he still ain’t leaving the fact that he has Georgia in the title game is a big accomplishment, besides why would he want to settle for being Harbaugh’s bitch LOL
    He's also in the title game with a true Freshman Qb they are going to run the sec east the way sma runs the west for the next 4 or so years maybe more

Even if Pagano turns it down, I have hope that they won't go with Pees 2.0 Martindale now!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Another thing that seems to be overlooked about the Ravens organization is how year after year they are in salary cap hell. Yeah a lot of it is caused by those bonehead Flacco contracts but they've made numerous bad roster decisions in recent years. This once admired organization seems to be doing it's best to be run about as well as the Orioles. Ok it hasn't sunk that low but still its trending that way.
    The saftey position has done a lot of it. Missed on Elam and can't remember (Brooks maybe) then fa after fa to now both are making 8plus per