Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Who are the fascists?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Is unfettered capitalism good or bad? Twitter and the media can do as the please in our country they are private companies.

Is this right? Well I dont think so, but what role does the gvt have in breaking monopolies.... I say we should be ultra aggressive to ensure competition, but I'm often considered a lefty because im anti big business ... and prior to this I am always met with the "free market" argument by peeps
    No. They can not do as they please. Just like radio and tv are subject to FCC rules. Twitter and Facebook have rules they have to operate under. I expect lawsuits against them here in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Is unfettered capitalism good or bad? Twitter and the media can do as the please in our country they are private companies.

Is this right? Well I dont think so, but what role does the gvt have in breaking monopolies.... I say we should be ultra aggressive to ensure competition, but I'm often considered a lefty because im anti big business ... and prior to this I am always met with the "free market" argument by peeps
    Tech companies are tough to compete in due to high barriers to entry (the ones that require a ton of infrastructure that is)

I am curious whether aws and okta will see any blowback after canceling parler so quickly. Will other companies be worried they'd do the same to them?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Ignorant liberals that call trump a fascist are starting to get dangerous.

“ BREAKING: A Prince George's County police officer has been suspended, after a photo on social media showed the officer wearing a Trump T-shirt while displaying his badge and weapon.”

This is becoming more and more like nazi Germany. How soon until a dem politician calls for republicans to be held in concentration camps. I predict in 2021

Wow. The dems are not even hiding it anymore.

Forbes magazine editor threatens any company that hires trumps press secretary

Welcome to nazi America. Thank you dems for voting for this dictator

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Wow. The dems are not even hiding it anymore.

Forbes magazine editor threatens any company that hires trumps press secretary

Welcome to nazi America. Thank you dems for voting for this dictator
    They’re going to, as liberals always, over play their hand.

That Forbes threat sounds like he is telling his followers to murder republicans

Inciting violence

Blog Entries

Thing with big tech is it is extremely expensive.

Parler’s mistake was setting up shop on AWS. Amazon is cut from the same cloth as Twitter, Google, etc.

What really needs to happen is someone like Elon Musk or someone with that kind of financial power to buy/invest in massive server farms, start a managed cloud hosting service, and then start to compete with other media platforms.

This can’t be some grassroots, garage thing.

You need serious capital and probably a coalition of international investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Thing with big tech is it is extremely expensive.

Parler’s mistake was setting up shop on AWS. Amazon is cut from the same cloth as Twitter, Google, etc.

What really needs to happen is someone like Elon Musk or someone with that kind of financial power to buy/invest in massive server farms, start a managed cloud hosting service, and then start to compete with other media platforms.

This can’t be some grassroots, garage thing.

You need serious capital and probably a coalition of international investment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    So your suggestion to compete against st the big tech monopoly, is to get another member of big tech to fund it?

Ummmm.....

You do realise that Fascism opposes communism. Its the extreme political Right version, while communism is the extreme left version.

Freedom, truth and democracy are ideals of centrists who don’t want a Fascist or Communist government. I kind of like my freedom.... you can shove your fascism & communism up your

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Ummmm.....

You do realise that Fascism opposes communism. Its the extreme political Right version, while communism is the extreme left version.

Freedom, truth and democracy are ideals of centrists who don’t want a Fascist or Communist government. I kind of like my freedom.... you can shove your fascism & communism up your
    Uh oh. Little man just had a light bulb pop in his head. Hmmmm. He has been told all this time that trump is a dictator, and fascist. but now the left isn’t hiding anymore. The left is pushing for one party rule, to silence and penalize anyone that thinks different.

Poor little man is confused.

Uh oh. Little man just had a light bulb pop in his head. Hmmmm. He has been told all this time that trump is a dictator, and fascist. but now the left isn’t hiding anymore. The left is pushing for one party rule, to silence and penalize anyone that thinks different.

Poor little man is confused.
    Trump doesn’t want to be a dictator. He isn’t a fascist either.

Trump is for Trump.

Blog Entries

So your suggestion to compete against st the big tech monopoly, is to get another member of big tech to fund it?
    Not necessarily. What I'm saying is that if there were to be a free market competitive option for social media, it would require someone with seriously deep pockets. That's why I think the government, against my principles, probably should step in here and break up Twitter, Facebook, Google, and Amazon.

Amazon has been building and buying server farms for a long time now. The AWS (Amazon's Cloud infrastructure) exclusively is used by the Fed government and most state/local/tribal orgs as well. They knew a long time ago that if they controlled a majority of the cloud servers, they could control what was hosted on the internet and what wasn't.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.