Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 1984...?

Re: 1984...?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Monitoring my cell phone does not equal knowing the account holders info. The cellular providers have done an excellent job at keeping that info to themselves.

And I am not aware of a drone that's been made that can do both.
    It wouldn't be from the cell provider that they get your info from.

In 2005 while stationed at Davis Monthan we had an Airman go AWOL. I was apart of the Community Action Recall Team (CART) that was trying to locate him. We believed he may be suicidal. He had a second cell phone which wasn't listed and no one in his unit knew about. We were able to track mutilpe cell signals in a certain location we were sure he may be located. Sure enough one signal was registered to him. We identified it because his social was associated with the account. We never went through the cell phone provider. That was 8 years ago. Imagine what we can do today.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whatever they wanted.

why would they care if a law abiding citizen was carrying if it is in a state that allows ccw?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I'm not saying they do.

The overall point is you have politicians in Missouri introduce bills saying citizens turn in your guns, you have 90 days and if you don't you're a felon. Now that bill went nowhere, but the point is you have law makers and a small group of citizens supporting them trying to disarm every citizen totally, and some of just specific weapons, for now.

Next you'll have a shooting where a revolver is used and Piers Morgan and lawmakers of the like will be saying, why does any American need a revolver? The same type of lawmakers with a growing number of useful idiots agree and then it's turn them over on and on and on it goes.

With the same types of people wanting to ban guns having control of laws for drones, and the POTUS and AG saying they could be used on Americans (albeit "under extreme circumstances") just makes people uncomfortable.

The point of the thread was it's a very slippery slope, if it's okay to do this (use drones to see who has a gun on them) than where does it end? We're slowly but surely losing freedom by freedom "in the name of safety" but no one cares because it's happening too slowly to notice, just like live frog getting comfy in the warm water and by the time he realizes it's boiling, it's too late..

The CCW was just an example that got us sidetracked.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    I'm not saying they do.

The overall point is you have politicians in Missouri introduce bills saying citizens turn in your guns, you have 90 days and if you don't you're a felon. Now that bill went nowhere, but the point is you have law makers and a small group of citizens supporting them trying to disarm every citizen totally, and some of just specific weapons, for now.

Next you'll have a shooting where a revolver is used and Piers Morgan and lawmakers of the like will be saying, why does any American need a revolver? The same type of lawmakers with a growing number of useful idiots agree and then it's turn them over on and on and on it goes.

With the same types of people wanting to ban guns having control of laws for drones, and the POTUS and AG saying they could be used on Americans (albeit "under extreme circumstances") just makes people uncomfortable.

The point of the thread was it's a very slippery slope, if it's okay to do this (use drones to see who has a gun on them) than where does it end? We're slowly but surely losing freedom by freedom "in the name of safety" but no one cares because it's happening too slowly to notice, just like live frog getting comfy in the warm water and by the time he realizes it's boiling, it's too late..

:word

Blog Entries

I'm not saying they do.

I dont disagree with anything you've written at all. I own guns.

I was just pointing out the fact that just because someone claims drones can and are doing this wont mean much in the grand scheme of things because - in a court of law - you and I would never be able to prove otherwise due to a lot of drone technology and missions are highly classified. In a sense, highly classified things related to the government are kind of above the law because by the time it is introduced for declassification we will all be very old men.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I dont disagree with anything you've written at all. I own guns.

I was just pointing out the fact that just because someone claims drones can and are doing this wont mean much in the grand scheme of things because - in a court of law - you and I would never be able to prove otherwise due to a lot of drone technology and missions are highly classified. In a sense, highly classified things related to the government are kind of above the law because by the time it is introduced for declassification we will all be very old men.

And I don't disagree with that either.

Senator Ron Wyden, D-Oregon, has now stepped in for a question and is backing up Sen Paul so technically, Rand is still going.

As long as Sen Paul doesn't actually sit down, he has the floor and can continue to speak once Sen Wyden is done.

Blog Entries

Not sure how long you've been watching, did you see Cruz talk about Holder? That was great.

Not sure how long you've been watching, did you see Cruz talk about Holder? That was great.
    I missed it. Been tuning in when work gets slow.

Blog Entries

I missed it. Been tuning in when work gets slow.
    Same here. I missed most of Wyden...

Paul made a serious statement today.

People actually took notice.

Hope he can ride that momentum and give Hillary a run in '16.

Blog Entries

He is still going!

I'll say right now, even though it's a few years away, I a donating to his campaign if he runs. Even over Rubio who I think communicates just a wee bit better.

Blog Entries

How much support do you think she will really get considering they basically blamed Benghazi on her?

I like Rand Paul as well.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.