Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 2018 Off-Season Other Team Roster News

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    I don't think Pittsburgh has room for him. Look how Ben's cap hits were set up. His number this year is low and then goes way up. This looks like their strategy from when Ben signed his extension

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not one of the cap guys so I'm not sure who all can be reworked for them, but I hlcsnt even check otc.com now at work.... Thanks a lot Bin Laden

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    You actually think he isn't tagged or gets a deal?
    They tagged him this year. If they tag him again, it's going to be the average of the highest 3 paid players in the league...so, basically, Bell would be getting top-end QB money.

I think Bell is certainly going to be the highest paid RB in the league, but I can't see the Steelers paying him QB money.

The Steelers kind of made their bed when they paid up for Antonio Brown (which was the right move). I dont know that they'll have the cap dollars to keep Bell there. I think it makes a lot more sense for the Steelers to draft a RB or maybe try and go after someone like Carlos Hyde.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They tagged him this year. If they tag him again, it's going to be the average of the highest 3 paid players in the league...so, basically, Bell would be getting top-end QB money.

I think Bell is certainly going to be the highest paid RB in the league, but I can't see the Steelers paying him QB money.

The Steelers kind of made their bed when they paid up for Antonio Brown (which was the right move). I dont know that they'll have the cap dollars to keep Bell there. I think it makes a lot more sense for the Steelers to draft a RB or maybe try and go after someone like Carlos Hyde.
    I thought the franchise tag is the top 5 average of the said position of player.

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by @SumthingObvious View Post
    Agree I think Bell goes to the highest bidder....
    Totally agree. He (his agent) has even hinted at wanting hybrid money between RB and WR because of how good Bell is as a receiver.

According to Spotrac, Pittsburgh only has about 2 mill in cap space (as of right now) for 2018.

San Francisco and Cleveland, on the other hand, have over 100 mill in cap space each (that can't be right...can it?).

Some other teams with a shit ton of cap space:
    Indy
    Tampa
    Minny
    Houston
    Washington
    Detroit

I could see Indy going hard for Bell. I could also see Detroit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I thought the franchise tag is the top 5 average of the said position of player.

For the first year of the tag. The 2nd year of a tag, it goes to the average of the highest paid players - regardless of position.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    For the first year of the tag. The 2nd year of a tag, it goes to the average of the highest paid players - regardless of position.
    Damn, well got my learnin done for the day. I would of rather laid him than brown due to how well they are able to find WRs. But I get why people wouldn't want to pay him