Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Balbirdsfan View Post
    This is going to get uglier isn't it??
    We might see a redux of that 2007 complete shellacking at Pittsburgh this Sunday night except it will be a home game in prime time not road.

Maybe you play Villanueva at LT against the Chiefs now in the hopes he can play better at his natural position. Ravens are going to have to play max protect every down this week and that still might not be enough to stop Lamar from getting wrecked from the Chiefs pass rush.

This is feeling like 2015 all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    #help

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    #PrayForUs

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    It might sound bizarre to say this, but even with what looks like players #14 and 15 going to IR for some period of time, I still think it's too early to start thinking this way. However, I'd start examining the performance of this duct-tape-and-bubble gum O Line starting on our first offensive snap next week and evaluate, no foolin', whether Lamar's odds of injury are going to hit a specific risk threshold. If so, I'd put him back in the bubble wrap and start the Tyler Huntley era.
    I just can't see the team sitting him if he's healthy. I mean maybe if you get to late season and the team isn't in the playoff mix it could be a consideration but that's a long way off...the team isn't going to quit and this would generally be quitting.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Btw was he cleared too soon??
    Very good question and one of the beat writers needs to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Alas, without outside "help", I think he is. On the bright side, AV is being moved to LT, his natural position... Bc
    Is that a good thing? The tought of AV protecting Lamar's blind side scares the hell out of me.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    #PrayForUs
    That one will always make me lol

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Very good question and one of the beat writers needs to ask.
    I've seen some stuff on Twitter suggesting the team knew there were concerns in his rehab/comeback timeframe throughout the offseason, although nothing that's verified/concrete. If that's true it makes the decision not to draft anything at OT even more questionable.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

8. Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I just can't see the team sitting him if he's healthy. I mean maybe if you get to late season and the team isn't in the playoff mix it could be a consideration but that's a long way off...the team isn't going to quit and this would generally be quitting.
    It's just what I would do, and I'm not the sort that advocates for a "Tank for X" season, either. I am, however, very risk averse and the worst case scenario here, in big bold letters, is Lamar gets badly hurt, with a recovery period not only ending this season but intersecting with next, right as we run out of time on an extension decision. Maybe one "plus" is that gives us a slight discount. But it may either result in him walking for a "prove it" deal elsewhere, or even worse, a Lamar Jackson that's never quite the same (2014 RGIII). Either of those two scenarios could spell a long migration through the desert for this team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    It's just what I would do, and I'm not the sort that advocates for a "Tank for X" season, either. I am, however, very risk averse and the worst case scenario here, in big bold letters, is Lamar gets badly hurt, with a recovery period not only ending this season but intersecting with next, right as we run out of time on an extension decision. Maybe one "plus" is that gives us a slight discount. But it may either result in him walking for a "prove it" deal elsewhere, or even worse, a Lamar Jackson that's never quite the same (2014 RGIII). Either of those two scenarios could spell a long migration through the desert for this team.
    I totally agree with you. If it gets to the point where his health behind whatever line is out there is no longer guaranteed, I would definitely not be putting him out there anymore. Too much potential in 2022 and beyond to worry only about this year (which may or may not already be over - trying not be a pessimist but...)
    back on twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I've seen some stuff on Twitter suggesting the team knew there were concerns in his rehab/comeback timeframe throughout the offseason, although nothing that's verified/concrete. If that's true it makes the decision not to draft anything at OT even more questionable.
    I was very surprised when DeCosta didn't draft an OT prospect. Even if the plan was to sign a stop gap RT it made sense to groom a young RT to take over next year.

Right now it feels like waiting for a bad car crash to happen waiting to see the offensive line play on Sunday night.

Blog Entries

Sigh

At a minimum get him out of there when it’s clear the game is not winnable and maybe sit him as soon as loss 7 or 8 occurs.