Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: OT - College Football Opener

The 'Ol'ball Coach' not happy!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Do you think Hill can potentially be better than Johnny from a true QB standpoint? (pocket presence etc..) Johnny is special from a play making standpoint.
    The SC defense laid an egg, there's no question, but Kenny Hill is legit. He was talked about here last year, amid all the JM noise at the national level. He has the potential to be great, no doubt. You don't beat the highest-rated high school QB in the nation for the starting job if you don't have the goods in the eyes of the coaches. And believe me, this coaching staff knows QB play.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    The SC defense laid an egg, there's no question, but Kenny Hill is legit. He was talked about here last year, amid all the JM noise at the national level. He has the potential to be great, no doubt. You don't beat the highest-rated high school QB in the nation for the starting job if you don't have the goods in the eyes of the coaches. And believe me, this coaching staff knows QB play.
    Hill is definitely looking really good and he's in a great situation. The only issue I have with Johnny is the excessive hype but he earned it for being a great college football player among other things, I just believe that a player has to earn it once they reach the professional level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    The 'Ol'ball Coach' not happy!
    I was not too fond of the Ol' Ball Coach, his history with the Redskins and all, but tonight he earned my respect. When interviewed at half time, he said "We are getting our butts kicked. We are being out-blocked, out-tackled, and out-coached. Those guys know what they are doing." How often you see a honest response like this. I thought it was classy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Do you think Hill can potentially be better than Johnny from a true QB standpoint? (pocket presence etc..) Johnny is special from a play making standpoint.
    Way too early to tell. The thing about that system is there isn't much of a system. A smart and athletic QB is going to do very well because he has all the weapons and is allowed to create. That's why the transition for any of these guys into the NFL is going to be very rough