Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Is it that Trump didn't do it? Or that maybe he did, but it's no big deal?

The "impending impeachment" thread is 33 pages already, and I can't get thru one without my eyes glazing over.

What's the consensus from the Conservatariat here? Is the defense of Donald J that:

• The Dems haven't produced enough real evidence to support their allegation?
    OR
    • The prez may well have done it, but "it" is not misconduct in any way? It's all pretend outrage over nothing much?

For purposes of understanding y'all's positions, I'm going to treat any answer of "both" as a "B". My thinking there is, if someone answers "both", that means that even if the next witness produces the smoking gun, connects all the dots and documents every last detail; that still wouldn't justify impeachment, because the actions described don't amount to anything wrong. Make sense?

Re: Is it that Trump didn't do it? Or that maybe he did, but it's no big deal?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    The "impending impeachment" thread is 33 pages already, and I can't get thru one without my eyes glazing over.

What's the consensus from the Conservatariat here? Is the defense of Donald J that:

• The Dems haven't produced enough real evidence to support their allegation?
    OR
    • The prez may well have done it, but "it" is not misconduct in any way? It's all pretend outrage over nothing much?

For purposes of understanding y'all's positions, I'm going to treat any answer of "both" as a "B". My thinking there is, if someone answers "both", that means that even if the next witness produces the smoking gun, connects all the dots and documents every last detail; that still wouldn't justify impeachment, because the actions described don't amount to anything wrong. Make sense?
    Or. It is both He didn’t do it. But if trump wants to make policy, he could.

So far, we have a transcript that says it didn’t happen
    We have both parties on the call say it didn’t happen
    We have testimony that says it didn’t happen
    But but
    We have third hand opinion that thinks it did

The dems are doing three things with this latest made up scam. They are strengthening trumps base
    They are feeding the fringe extreme left that already suffered from TDS. (We see that here )
    And they are numbing the senses of the independents

From a poll dated yesterday.

Trump approval ticks up. Gallup

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...p%3famp?espv=1

Only team Trump would celebrate a 2 point “tick” up in one poll to 43 when the margin of error is +/- 4 points.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceCityRaven View Post
    Only team Trump would celebrate a 2 point “tick” up in one poll to 43 when the margin of error is +/- 4 points.
    Only those with TDS would claim a rising poll during impeachment was bad for the president

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Only those with TDS would claim a rising poll during impeachment was bad for the president
    It’s not a rise if it’s within the margin or error in one poll. Nothing deranged here.

6. Re: Is it that Trump didn't do it? Or that maybe he did, but it's no big deal?

It’s not a rise if it’s within the margin or error in one poll. Nothing deranged here.
    TDS Personified. The poster boy has spoken. Thanks for your intelligent contribution of the day.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    TDS Personified. The poster boy has spoken. Thanks for your intelligent contribution of the day.
    Man, did I bang your mother? Piss in your Wheaties?

What’s with the hostility? I think we can disagree without insults, no?

Man, did I bang your mother? Piss in your Wheaties?

What’s with the hostility? I think we can disagree without insults, no?
    Wow. You are pretty insecure.

You were the first one to be hostile by claiming “only team trump”

And you are offended by “poster boy”

Sometimes I assume everyone on here is an adult. Then I see replies like that, and realize there are some youngster on here

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Or. It is both He didn’t do it. But if trump wants to make policy, he could.
    Ok: so "B". Even if the witnesses were to demonstrate that "it" absolutely DID happen, that still wouldn't be grounds for impeachment because it's A-ok for the president to do that. Yeah?

You also spend a paragraph on A; but I gather that the above represents your stance. Excuse me, part of your stance.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Ok: so "B". Even if the witnesses were to demonstrate that "it" absolutely DID happen, that still wouldn't be grounds for impeachment because it's A-ok for the president to do that. Yeah?

You also spend a paragraph on A; but I gather that the above represents your stance. Excuse me, part of your stance.
    I am suggesting that

A. I haven’t seen any evidence that this happened. I have seen lots of evidence that it didn’t

B. When it comes to foreign aid and policy. Or getting foreign leaders to do things (as long as they are legal), I think it ultimately comes down to the presidents policy)

If president obama wants to do a deal with Iran and send money back to them, it is not an impeachable act
    If president trump wants to meet with the leader of NK. And tell him that money will stop if you don’t stop doing this, or doing that, it’s the presidents policy
    And if the next president wants to go to another foreign leader with demands, it’s the presidents policy.

If this was really an issue, then the evidence is pointing that Biden (the Obama admin) openly bragged about holding funds for an action. He admitted to a quid pro quo. And, not one single person (that wants trump impeached) had an issue with that. This is all I need to see, to know this is just a scam that all past administrations openly were doing

As much as the left wants to make this an impeachable offense. The precedence has been established that telling Ukraine to do things based on funding, is looked at, as being a strong leader. Thank you Joe Biden and the Washington establishment.
    Last edited by Vlad the lad; 11-21-2019 at 09:30 AM.

I don’t exactly know what ‘it’ means to you.
    This was the President exercising presidential powers. The dems are trying to manipulate the president doing his job into an impeachable offense. Actually I think they are more than happy just having the president investigated, so they can continue to cast aspersions. This is govt paid for opposition research and election campaigning

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    This was the President exercising presidential powers. The dems are trying to manipulate the president doing his job into an impeachable offense. Actually I think they are more than happy just having the president investigated, so they can continue to cast aspersions. This is govt paid for opposition research and election campaigning