Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but was running a full 200 years prior to that in the US. That's 200 years of African American sweat directing capital into the pockets of white people.

Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but the Voting Rights Act of 1965 didn't happen for 100 years after that. That's another 100 years beyond slavery of voices being unheard and having little say in the direction of the government at every level.

Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but Brown vs. Board of Ed didn't happen til the mid-50s and schools weren't fully integrated until the 60's. That's 50 years ago. So we've only had 50 years, about 2 generations, of minorities even having the right to be educated with white people.

It is ridiculous to think that the end of slavery marked the end of oppression.

And that's without even getting into the effect of Jim Crow laws. Not only on black people, but on the mindset of white people and how they viewed black people. And how they taught their children to view them. And their children's children...

Oppression is in one's mind.

One makes his/her life as a result by being born into this country. Growing up from a child to an adult, sure there are prejudice people in all walks of life, but avoid that negativity and move on and live your life. Seize the day.

Make the best out of every situation. Work, acquire an education, and praise God on your way to improving your standard of living and quality of life. You have free will and choose good and positive things for yourself.

No reason to make excuses because so much is up to you, so start off life with that good attitude. Why sulk and want pity, control what you let into your life and consciousness. For example, I make the choice NOT to watch Fox on TV other than for the sporting events that it broadcasts, that's right I have the freedom to do that. Why can't you make so much of your life? ...Why? If you don't like where you live in this country, well you can move to an area that you would like better and is more advantageous to you.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    As I said, it's not typically played. So you normally wouldn't see people stand if there's no opportunity to.

But. Choosing not to stand at home, in private is WAY different than choosing to kneel in public.
    How so? I go to bars, I've been there during anthems being played. I've been at superbowl parties and no one is paying attention to the anthem outside of whatever prop bets they set up.

How is not standing up and at attention at home any different?

The olympics play our anthem several times per day as we typically win multiple medals, and we show the podium presentations on Prime time TV.... I've never seen anyone get up off the sofa and stand.

Is the anthem playing? are you standing? I see no difference honestly.

So we've only had 50 years, about 2 generations, of minorities even having the right to be educated with white people.

It is ridiculous to think that the end of slavery marked the end of oppression.

So how many generations does it take? It seems all the immigrants that were discriminated as group when they first arrived managed to overcome in that time.
    How much longer before the black community starts taking ownership of problems instead of placing primary blame elsewhere?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    How so? I go to bars, I've been there during anthems being played. I've been at superbowl parties and no one is paying attention to the anthem outside of whatever prop bets they set up.

How is not standing up and at attention at home any different?
    Does it bother you that people don't stand at home?

Is the anthem playing? are you standing? I see no difference honestly.
    The difference is in the intent.

Does it bother you that people don't stand at home?

The difference is in the intent.
    No It doesnt bother me at all. I've seen people sit for the anthem at school since I was a child. Some people have religious objections. Have you met a Jehovah's Witnesses before?

What does it matter what the intent is?

Who are you to judge what intent is acceptable and what isnt?

wouldnt sitting at a bar or at home when the anthem plays be even more inflammatory since they are doing so without any reason outside of laziness?

Blog Entries

What does it matter what the intent is?

Who are you to judge what intent is acceptable and what isnt?
    Intent is everything. You're familiar with different degrees of crime - 1st degree Murder, 2nd, 3rd. The difference is (or can be)intent. And no I'm not saying kneeling for the flag is equal to murder, I'm using it as an example to show intent.

wouldnt sitting at a bar or at home when the anthem plays be even more inflammatory since they are doing so without any reason outside of laziness?
    I'm not sure why you care, you said it doesn't bother you.

Blog Entries

That's if they do that. I don't know why anyone would leave a game only to go somewhere else to watch. If that's the case just stay.

I can say this, they're not getting my money from any of that. I turned off the game as soon as I saw the guys kneeling (and Ray's self-serving crying) and didn't turn on football all day.

If I come back to watch the NFL, it won't be till they stop their hypocrisy.
    Ironically it was the best week of football so far (except the Ravens shitty showing)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    Thank you for your kind words. Unity is very important when so much hate and vitriol is being spewed on television and online everyday. I appreciate your unifying commentary. It helps. It really does :)

I only know 5 people who served, and I was not courageous enough to make the sacrifice that my family and friends made. I feel I am "representing" their opinions well, and thank God I have the freedom to do so. My friends and family are proud that I support their cause. I always will.
    Lol fake ass outrage

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Lol fake ass outrage

This whole issue is about respect, and some people have it and show it. Others accuse people of "fake ass outrage."

I guess it depends on whether or not parents teach their children about being respectful. I'm glad mine did.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post
    This whole issue is about respect, and some people have it and show it. Others accuse people of "fake ass outrage."

I guess it depends on whether or not parents teach their children about being respectful. I'm glad mine did.
    The whole issue is not about respect. It's about the police force, an American institution, repeatedly getting away with murder and targeting the black community.

The respect issue is what DJT turned it into to divert from the actual issue.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The whole issue is not about respect. It's about the police force, an American institution, repeatedly getting away with murder and targeting the black community.

The respect issue is what DJT turned it into to divert from the actual issue.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
    Murder?

Intent is everything. You're familiar with different degrees of crime - 1st degree Murder, 2nd, 3rd. The difference is (or can be)intent. And no I'm not saying kneeling for the flag is equal to murder, I'm using it as an example to show intent.

I'm not sure why you care, you said it doesn't bother you.
    I don't care I find it hilarious that so many people are "offended" by these players... yet I've never seen anyone try to call someone out in person.

American hypocrisy is one of the most amusing things to digest

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down