Page 194 of 333 FirstFirst ... 192193194195196 ... LastLast
Results 2,317 to 2,328 of 3987

Re: New draft/FA/offseason thread

Quote Originally Posted by landshark52 View Post
    What do all of you think the stock of Da'rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech is? He has a lot of talent and reminds me of a faster Anquan Boldin. The problem is his baggage from getting kicked off the Tennessee football team, but I could see him being a great weapon form Flacco if he gets off the dope.
    I am definitely a big fan. He's my favorite "big" WR in the class, and I'd place him among the top 5 or so WRs on pure talent. His draft stock is very volatile, though. I don't think he goes higher than the 2nd but he could go as late as the 4th.

If he drops... I could see the Ravens taking a swing on him as long as his background, etc. come out clean enough for them to be interested. He is VERY talented, and I think he compares favorably to a young Anquan Boldin. Definitely a good successor.

What do all of you think the stock of Da'rick Rogers from Tennessee Tech is? He has a lot of talent and reminds me of a faster Anquan Boldin. The problem is his baggage from getting kicked off the Tennessee football team, but I could see him being a great weapon form Flacco if he gets off the dope.
    I've liked the production potential of Da'Rick Rogers for some time. Questionable off-field stuff, but if he is there in round three I think he's a steal. But he's also a high-risk, high-reward kind of guy. If you watch some of his game tape, he's a tough sombitch and isn't afraid to go over the middle.

A lot of the draft is going to depend on what happens in the next two months concerning free agency, but I would have him on my radar.

Blog Entries
    1st round talent. Grade-A knucklehead.

Do you have any idea how much of a dumbass you have to be to get booted from Tennessee? I mean, that takes some serious doing.
    Still, when it is all said and done I think he is the best overall receiver in this draft class. Size, decent speed, excellent YAC ability, and nice routes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I feel like the Ravens should kind of take an approach like the Packers by getting as many weapons as possible for Flacco. I mean James Jones is their fourth wideout and the majority of teams would have loved to have Jones to be their number 2. I believe between rounds 2 and 3 there are a lot of opportunities for this with wideouts that have a lot of talent like Rogers, Patton, Wheaton, and Bailey. I also think they could grab a quick slot receiver later like Bumphis or Ace Sanders.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    1st round talent. Grade-A knucklehead.

Do you have any idea how much of a dumbass you have to be to get booted from Tennessee? I mean, that takes some serious doing.
    Still, when it is all said and done I think he is the best overall receiver in this draft class. Size, decent speed, excellent YAC ability, and nice routes.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Forum Runner
    I feel the same way. I think the Ravens, even with Ray Lewis and possibly Ed Reed gone, have one of if not the best locker rooms in the NFL. When players come here they never want to leave. The latest examples are Boldin, Graham, and Jacoby. They were able to set Jimmy Smith straight and I think they could set Rogers straight as well. If they could it would be a huge steal.

Blog Entries

I feel like the Ravens should kind of take an approach like the Packers by getting as many weapons as possible for Flacco. I mean James Jones is their fourth wideout and the majority of teams would have loved to have Jones to be their number 2. I believe between rounds 2 and 3 there are a lot of opportunities for this with wideouts that have a lot of talent like Rogers, Patton, Wheaton, and Bailey. I also think they could grab a quick slot receiver later like Bumphis or Ace Sanders.
    I agree, because I think that will be the direction we go. When you pay a QB the $$ we are going to pay Joe...the passing game (especially with Caldwell) should step up.

We have a fair amount of WRs on roster now...but it is hard to know what we really have outside of Torrey, Boldin and Jones. Honestly I still only trust Boldin and Torrey. Jones' hands are still a big ? for me.

And the other guys are just more ?'s - LaQuan, Streeter, Reed, Thompson, Doss.

A rookie would have to really come in and shine to gain a spot over the murky list of WRs we have now.

Blog Entries

Does Aaron Rogers really have that many weapons? He has a lot of depth at WR and a lot of talented players, but I wouldn't say any of them are individually really great players, not even Greg Jennings. If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy, I'm pretty happy with what we have at WR right now. If anything, we need a better TE to go with Pitta.

Blog Entries

I'd rather invest into the trenches when you pay QB big money, WRs aren't very hard to get when you have good QB play, but you can never have too many linemen. We need a fast and physical defense that can create 3 and outs, or hold other teams to low scoring, and let our offense air it out and pound the ball in the no huddle, that's what our team should be built around, it plays to our strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    . If AnQuan Boldin played for the Packers, he'd easily be their number 1 guy,

Lol, what? Maybe #5... probably somewhere in between, but Jordy nelson is similarish to Torrey, Cobb is an animal and james Jones is probably better as well, and of course it's nto close with Jennings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Lol, what? Maybe #5... probably somewhere in between, but Jordy nelson is similarish to Torrey, Cobb is an animal and james Jones is probably better as well, and of course it's nto close with Jennings.
    Boldin is better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones, comon man. Nelson drops so many balls, and Jennings is overrated, Rogers is just THAT good.

If we had Caldwell calling the plays since Boldin got here, I think your opinion would have been way different. Boldin would have had three consecutive 1k seasons.

Boldin is better than Jordy Nelson and James Jones, comon man. Nelson drops so many balls, and Jennings is overrated, Rogers is just THAT good.

If we had Caldwell calling the plays since Boldin got here, I think your opinion would have been way different. Boldin would have had three consecutive 1k seasons.
    I've been wanting Cam Cameron fired for three years. The only thing I ever agreed with him about was when he said Harbaugh's decision to fire him was a brilliant move. Nothing else.

So Flacco is the 5th best QB in football and Boldin has 4 TD's, but (James Jones who is worse) gets 14TD's from Rogers, my guess is your #1 QB. Soemthing doesn't compute. You can mak the argument they are similar level players at this moment, but to say for sure that Boldin is better is kind of strange, especially considering you new found love of Flacco.