Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ideas for Fan Protest vs. NFL this Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    DirecTV Allows Some NFL Refunds After Anthem Controversy
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/directv...rsy-1506453159
    Yeah I called almost immediately after it happened and was able to get a refund. Honestly wasn't even aware I couldn't ask for a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Except Keapernick was clear in his comments he doesn't love America and does not respect the flag. He feels both are oppressive. He also held up Fidel as some sort of standard so when you say America is not as great as it can be I would agree but I don't want his idea of freedom either.
    He's also not an nfl player anymore. The players who have been doing it this year are much more eloquent.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    He's also not an nfl player anymore. The players who have been doing it this year are much more eloquent.

There is no eloquence when you kneel during our anthem or burn our flag.

The other thing I'll say about Keapernick is eventhough I disagree with him on pretty much every issue there was a conversation you could have about it because he was kneeling for something.

These players who kneeled yesterday didn't kneel for any other reason then Trump. They had the opportunity to be the bigger person and instead they hurt millions because Trump hurt their feelings. Trump doesn't own the anthem by the way he may have opinions on it but we don't stand for the anthem because Trump is our f'n president and we shouldn't kneel because he is either.

I stood when Obama was president we all did (except Keapernick) because we realized the anthem had nothing to do with Obama and like sports we separate the politics from our love of country and respect for the sacrifices of those who allow us to live free.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinger35 View Post
    For those of us who have tickets to this Sunday's game, and want to send a message to the NFL that many fans who spend thousands of dollars on their product, are not going to continue to support the league if players continue to sh.it on the flag and national anthem...how is the best way to demonstrate this?

Not show up to the game and let empty seats speak for themselves? Burn jerseys outside the stadium? Boo the players who knelt anytime their names are mentioned on the loudspeaker? Stage a walkout during the game? Or do we just do nothing and stay silent and be complicit and keep spending our money on this?

The players have every right to express themselves, just like the President has a right to express how he feels, just like we as fans can express how we feel. However, the media isn't saying much about the Patriots and Bears fans who booed the players because that doesn't fit their narrative. How can we do something that the media can't ignore?
    Curious do you stand up at home for every event that plays an anthem.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00TD using Tapatalk
    Burn it down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Curious do you stand up at home for every event that plays an anthem.

The anthem is not typically played on TV (most pregame activities are not). It was this weekend causee the networks anticipated a response to Trumps comments.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    There is no eloquence when you kneel during our anthem or burn our flag.

The other thing I'll say about Keapernick is eventhough I disagree with him on pretty much every issue there was a conversation you could have about it because he was kneeling for something.

These players who kneeled yesterday didn't kneel for any other reason then Trump. They had the opportunity to be the bigger person and instead they hurt millions because Trump hurt their feelings. Trump doesn't own the anthem by the way he may have opinions on it but we don't stand for the anthem because Trump is our f'n president and we shouldn't kneel because he is either.

I stood when Obama was president we all did (except Keapernick) because we realized the anthem had nothing to do with Obama and like sports we separate the politics from our love of country and respect for the sacrifices of those who allow us to live free.
    Perhaps they kneeled in solidarity with those who kneeled before them, showing that their right to free speech cannot be bullied out of existence. Perhaps they had considered kneeling before for similar reasons as them, but had not for one reason or another.

We should not assume the inner dialogue they went through was any one thing.

Even Alejandro Villanueva's stance was projected on him by many people, when later he clarified something quite different.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

I do not know what his girlfriend contributed to his cause, but apparently it hurt his chances of landing on a team.

I am glad no team signed him. Kap, slavery was corrected over 150 years ago. I also agree with the White House in that if you do not like law enforcement, then your protest should be against the police/law enforcement because the flag as a symbol does not mean "a police state", marshall law, or LE. Good day, cry baby.

The anthem is not typically played on TV (most pregame activities are not). It was this weekend causee the networks anticipated a response to Trumps comments.
    Not what I asked. If your going to be overly specific towards other posters in other threads ill hold you to the same standard.

Question: have you all stood silent and attentive for EVERY anthem that has been played on tv... including nfl games particularly the Super bowl and playoffs where they do indeed show the anthem, this past weekend, and EVERY time it come on during the Olympics ?

Burn it down

Blog Entries

Not what I asked. If your going to be overly specific towards other posters in other threads ill hold you to the same standard.

Question: have you all stood silent and attentive for EVERY anthem that has been played on tv... including nfl games particularly the Super bowl and playoffs where they do indeed show the anthem, this past weekend, and EVERY time it come on during the Olympics ?

Personally, I have. At least from what I remember. But it's really not played that often so it's not like it's a nightly thing.

I remember being woken up as a kid when it was played at midnight. I stood then (maybe not every time, but I remember doing it).

Why do you ask? Is sitting at home somehow equivalent to choosing to kneel at a stadium?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post
    I do not know what his girlfriend contributed to his cause, but apparently it hurt his chances of landing on a team.

I am glad no team signed him. Kap, slavery was corrected over 150 years ago. I also agree with the White House in that if you do not like law enforcement, then your protest should be against the police/law enforcement because the flag as a symbol does not mean "a police state", marshall law, or LE. Good day, cry baby.
    Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but was running a full 200 years prior to that in the US. That's 200 years of African American sweat directing capital into the pockets of white people.

Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but the Voting Rights Act of 1965 didn't happen for 100 years after that. That's another 100 years beyond slavery of voices being unheard and having little say in the direction of the government at every level.

Slavery was corrected 150 years ago, but Brown vs. Board of Ed didn't happen til the mid-50s and schools weren't fully integrated until the 60's. That's 50 years ago. So we've only had 50 years, about 2 generations, of minorities even having the right to be educated with white people.

It is ridiculous to think that the end of slavery marked the end of oppression.

And that's without even getting into the effect of Jim Crow laws. Not only on black people, but on the mindset of white people and how they viewed black people. And how they taught their children to view them. And their children's children...

Personally, I have. At least from what I remember. But it's really not played that often so it's not like it's a nightly thing.

I remember being woken up as a kid when it was played at midnight. I stood then (maybe not every time, but I remember doing it).

Why do you ask? Is sitting at home somehow equivalent to choosing to kneel at a stadium?
    I've been to multiple parties for football and bars to watch games. I've never seen anyone stop what they were doing stand up for the anthem.... ever

I don't see the difference. I'm not offended but I could pretend to be and be loaded at people around me and say my family served your disrespecting us stand up now..... of course Ice never seen anyone say that out loud

Just seems hypocritical if ur not standing at home and setting ur fantasy lineup but if plAyers do its the end of the world

Burn it down

Blog Entries

I've been to multiple parties for football and bars to watch games. I've never seen anyone stop what they were doing stand up for the anthem.... ever

I don't see the difference. I'm not offended but I could pretend to be and be loaded at people around me and say my family served your disrespecting us stand up now..... of course Ice never seen anyone say that out loud

Just seems hypocritical if ur not standing at home and setting ur fantasy lineup but if plAyers do its the end of the world

As I said, it's not typically played. So you normally wouldn't see people stand if there's no opportunity to.

But. Choosing not to stand at home, in private is WAY different than choosing to kneel in public.