View Poll Results: Id be pissed if Ravens select @ #16 ....

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • John Ross

12 22.22%
  • Christian McCaffrey

6 11.11%
  • O.J. Howard

10 18.52%
  • Reuben Foster

6 11.11%
  • Cam Robinson

24 44.44%
  • Ryan Ramczyk

15 27.78%
  • Jabrill Peppers

16 29.63%
  • Gareon Conley

5 9.26%
  • Charles Harris

4 7.41%
  • Write In Vote

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by sawraven1 View Post
    Robinson will not be anywhere near the talent of Ramczyk.

Wisconsin players especially Oline transition well to the NFL level.

We just lost one hell of a RT to the Lions from the same school.

Don't believe me look it up, or all the accolades Alabama gets last few years, teams are starting to take not of all the players who have become busts over the years since Saban took over.

Robinson is being projected to guard or RT only at NFL level.
    If we go with a first round OT, Robinson is a better fit for the Ravens as a RT than Ramczyk would be.

Blog Entries

Re: On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    Seems like Robinson is 2 years ago Perriman. We all know what that means...
    Last year it was Bosa so maybe we're okay. and in retrospect the general opinion of Joey Bosa has completely changed

Cam Robinson. I cringe every time I see him mocked to us at #16. If the guy didn't play at Alabama he'd easily be going in the 2nd or 3rd round.

Ditto for OJ Howard. 1st round TE's rarely put up production that match their draft status. We went through this same hype for an athletic TE with Eric Ebron and he's been mediocre. I don't care that Howard can block. Most TE can be taught to block. Even Heap & Ed Dickson ended up being decent blockers a couple years into their career despite having done absolutely none of it in college. You want a TE because he can block? You can get that in the 5th round. I'm not expending resources, like a 1st round draft pick, just because you can package that into someone who is a decent receiver too.
    Last edited by DeltaRaven; 04-19-2017 at 10:42 AM.

#16 - CB Marlon Humphrey.

I really hope it is not Ross or Robinson..

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    I have a terrible feeling we end up with Robinson.

BPR had a terrible feelign we'd end up with Perriman.

I could see it.

From NFL.com:

BOTTOM LINE Five-star recruit and three-year starter at left tackle who is a road grader with impressive power at the point of attack and enough athleticism to function in diverse run schemes. Robinson has tape galore against SEC edge talent either playing in the NFL or who soon will be. The tape shows a player with the traits and physical ability to be a good NFL tackle, but his balance issues and inconsistencies as a pass protector are a concern. Robinson is a candidate to be overdrafted due to the position he plays and his size, but buyer beware as some of his deficiencies might not be easily correctable.

The bolded scares me.

He has ideal size and length, but he's not a good pass protector and he has really shitty technique. He's a mauler though, I'll give him that. If we wanna improve our run game I think he'd do that. One could make an argument that playing him on the right side will help with his pass blocking limitations.

All that said, I dont really want to spend a top 20 pick on a RT. I think we can get better value in others rounds.

Get a god damn pass rusher, WR or playmaker. Fuck even if it is a running back or tight end. If they make plays I will not care when September rolls around.
    Yeah, but keep in mind we already have a capable RT on the roster (Lewis). If we were to draft Robinson, they may kick Lewis out and plug Robinson in at LG a la KO. While it's obviously not the sexiest pick, it probably helps Joe the most.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Last year it was Bosa so maybe we're okay. and in retrospect the general opinion of Joey Bosa has completely changed
    But to be fair, we didn't even get a chance to draft Bosa. I think we'll have a chance to draft Cam.

Peppers. Extra dead if Davis or Barnett were still available.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Anything other than pass rusher, WR or OL is ineffective allocation of resources.

But I'll make a minor exception for either Fournette or McCaffrey at RB.

Sent from my D6616 using Tapatalk
    BT I'm actually agreeing with you on this one. Get an impact guy.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

1. Any O-lineman (even the Cowboys don't have a great RT, luxury pick we can't afford)
    2. An interior D-lineman (most depth we have on the team)
    3. Mike Williams (Could be anywhere from Alshon Jeffery to Laquan Treadwell...leaning more towards the latter)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    If we go with a first round OT, Robinson is a better fit for the Ravens as a RT than Ramczyk would be.

How exactly do you come to that conclusion? Considering Ramczyk can play every position on the line, Robinson cannot from what most experts think

Any player that doesn't fit the need of pass rusher, WR or O line.

Also, I'd be pissed if the pick is obviously over valued.

John Ross.