Flacco's upcoming Sunday night performance

This is part prognostication, part Fantasy Football, part crystallized Purple Kool-Aid snorting, but...

I'm benching Eli Manning in favor of Joe Flacco.

Pros...
    • NE is going to play some good run D and Joe will need to sling it
    • I'm liking the Ravens' chances on Sunday night
    • Joe rarely plays bad at home
    • Ravens D will get better, but not in time for this game

Cons....
    • I'm an idiot to trust Cam Cameron with my money
    • Why the hell isn't McKinney playing left tackle???

So..... am I genius or what?
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Re: Flacco's upcoming Sunday night performance

Eli just threw for 500 yards and he's going up against the Carolina D...i understand he'll be missing Nicks and Hixon but i think they have enough to put up numbers. I expect Flacco to have a nice day but until he starts tacking performance up like Week 1 on top of each other you have to go with the proven Eli, unless its just a horrible matchup for him compared to a great one for Joe. BTW i have Joe as my backup in both my leagues, backing up Peyton in one and Romo in the other.

I think Flacco is gonna rock this wknd. The only thing that makes me hesitate is the running back situation in NY, but the Panthers run D is pathetic so far. I'm nervous about this NE game, but I think Flacco will be standing tall in the end.

Well played SC, wish i had the hunch you had, i played Romo vs the Tampa D and he gave me 5 points, left Flacco on the bench and he went for 37. Needless to say it cost me the game lol

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Well played SC, wish i had the hunch you had, i played Romo vs the Tampa D and he gave me 5 points, left Flacco on the bench and he went for 37. Needless to say it cost me the game lol
    Thanks for the kudos.

It took some cahones, but it worked. I was a bit nervous when NY started scoring right away, but when Carolina didn't respond, then I knew I would be ok. People thought I was nuts, but Joe, at home, plays with some magic. I don't trust him on the road though.

Yeah, I won my matchup, too. Thanks to him and Arizona's D. I might plug-n-play decent D's against the Eagles from now on....lol...somebody forgot to cover ball security in camp this year.

Quote Originally Posted by SC_Raven_Fan View Post
    Thanks for the kudos.

It took some cahones, but it worked. I was a bit nervous when NY started scoring right away, but when Carolina didn't respond, then I knew I would be ok. People thought I was nuts, but Joe, at home, plays with some magic. I don't trust him on the road though.

Yeah, I won my matchup, too. Thanks to him and Arizona's D. I might plug-n-play decent D's against the Eagles from now on....lol...somebody forgot to cover ball security in camp this year.
    I just scooped up the Arizona D off the waiver wire, had a hunch about them going into the season but wanted to wait to see how they do. I'll pretty much just alternate between them and the Cincy D the rest of the year playing the Cards D mostly.