Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

I'm sure this will turn into a debate about escalators, HDTV's and more bathrooms in the upper level, but here it is anyway...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,5976605.story

BROOKINGS, S.D. - South Dakota-based Daktronics says it will design, manufacture and install new large screen video displays for the football stadium for the Ravens.

The multimillion dollar upgrade project at M&T Bank Stadium includes two large end-zone video displays, video processors and the Brookings-based company's new show control system.

Each high-definition end-zone display will be about 24 feet high by 100 feet wide.

Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

What about the escalators

Why would they waste all this money on HD boards when we could get escalators?
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Good news! HD Scoreboards make a HUGE difference.

As for escalators, it's a state run facility, thus will NEVER put more escalators in the stadium unless some odd changes to the ADA laws creep up.

They dont want the law suits and insurance costs associated with increasing the number. All you MD tax payers ought to be happy about that (save T).

dam I wanted escalators to take me to my seat in section111 or a walking sidewalk so I dont have to walk to the bathroom
    Your Local Embroidery and screen printing Company..
    Cecil Countys Number 1 Raven Fan

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Good news! HD Scoreboards make a HUGE difference.

As for escalators, it's a state run facility, thus will NEVER put more escalators in the stadium unless some odd changes to the ADA laws creep up.

They dont want the law suits and insurance costs associated with increasing the number. All you MD tax payers ought to be happy about that (save T).
    So what your saying is no escalators right? What about more bathrooms in the upper deck?

I still don't get the lawsuit debate with escalators. I know there have been accidents in the past, but this hasn't stopped nearly every other stadium from having them. There are also numerous other state run facilities that use escalators every day and not just 10-20 times a year. Look at subway stations, airports, and state office buildings.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I still don't get the lawsuit debate with escalators. I know there have been accidents in the past, but this hasn't stopped nearly every other stadium from having them. There are also numerous other state run facilities that use escalators every day and not just 10-20 times a year. Look at subway stations, airports, and state office buildings.
    and Camden Yards

Thumbs down Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by Purpleguy View Post
    I still don't get the lawsuit debate with escalators.
    No one does -- it's just happy horseshit from Houston Raven.

At least 25 other NFL stadiums have upper deck escalators Includes Redskins Stadium, retrofitted by Danny Snyder), Orioles Park has them, every other State facility has them. Our Stste was just too cheap to install them, and our owner is too. Replacing a perefectly functioning TV system witha newer model instead of fixing such a huge omission as escalators is a ludicrous decision on pririties.
    Last edited by Mista T; 12-04-2009 at 07:24 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    No one does -- it's just happy horseshit from Houston Raven.

At least 25 other NFL stadiums have upper deck escalators Includes Redskins Stadium, retrofitted by Dannty Snyder), Orioles Park has them, every other State facility has them. Our Stste was just too cheap to install them, and our owner is too. Replacing a perefectly functioning TV system witha newer model instead of fixing such a huge omission as escalators is a ludicrous decision on pririties.
    Maybe... but if this thread is indicative of the typical fan base response, then it would indicate that most people are excited about the new boards and could care less about the lack of escalators.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Let me clarify ...

They wont ADD them. Yes, other stadia have more escalators than we do, even state funded ones.

Escalators are a property managers headache, requiring special insurance and a team of to combat the law suits that follow falls, malfunctions, etc. The state (or the team, depending on their leasing arrangements) will not increase that already expensive burden by adding more escalators.

I didnt know there was so much escalator envy out there, of which T clearly suffers from.

Wink Re: Confirmation on New HD Video Boards

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I didnt know there was so much escalator envy out there, of which T clearly suffers from.
    Is that akin to penis-envy?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).