Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: Report (OT): Seahawks Trade Harvin to Jets for Draft Pick

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I understand the remaining signing bonus which was $12 million. That's roughly equal to the base pay they aren't paying Harvin so it nets out to around 0. What I don't get is the remaining $13.5 million which gets you to the $25.5 million in guaranteed money. Where is the accelerated cap hit for that? Why do we have such a huge hit for Ray Rice who had a similar amount guaranteed money and way a year further into a deal that looks to be a year shorter? What did the Seahawks do with Harvin that the Ravens didn't do with Rice?
    According to Rotoworld, only years 1 and 2 are guaranteed (so last year at $2.5m and this year at $11m).

But I imagine the biggest difference in this case is that they traded Harvin (implying the Jets have to play his future salaries) and didn't cut him.
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 10-18-2014 at 08:28 AM. Reason: added more detail

Re: Report (OT): Seahawks Trade Harvin to Jets for Draft Pick

Another example of how the stats on the books are not the be-all-end-all. He looked like a world-beater and the Vikings looked like fools when they dealt him. In that kind of situation, with the numbers he had, people would be screaming to trade for that talent.

And in the Fantasy Football world, anybody who had Harvin is SOL this weekend; and has Geno Smith to throw to him in weeks to come. A friend of mine had a cow last night when he found out.
    Captain Offense

Great move:
    Hurts Seattle (I hate 'em.)
    Hurts Wrecks and the Jets (I dislike them)
    MIGHT help the Jets beat the Pats (I hate them the most)

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Great move:
    Yes
    Yes
    and YES
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Don't know why theyre still playing with Geno. The guy just doesn't get it. You have Vick. Play him! Than next year take a swing at a FA. Plenty of middle tier guys will be available. Rex just needs someone that won't LOSE the game for them. Could really see someone like Jason Campbell reviving his career there.

Blog Entries

My gut says it is goodbye Rex after this year (possibly a little sooner)
    He has survived the Sanchez debacle, a GM trading for Tebow, a dice roll on a questionable QB who looks like a career back-up (Geno), a GM firing and Rex is next.
    Bringing an extremely athletic head-case with limited football scheme ability (full route tree execution) .... Geno will have to improve his accuracy on the routes Harvin can run (and he didn't strike me as being that accurate on long pass)

This year Jets have tried 4 passes of 41+ yds, zero completions, 4 passes of 31+ yds, one completion, and 9 passes of 21+ yds with one completion
    that adds up to 2 completions in 17 attempts of passes 21+ yds
    Geno is a lot more accurate with the shorter passes and that needs timing/ route precision .... maybe it will work with some screens etc, but my gut is saying the Jets have added a cancer to the locker room and just depends on how soon it shows up as to how long Rex remains....
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Don't know why theyre still playing with Geno. The guy just doesn't get it. You have Vick. Play him! Than next year take a swing at a FA. Plenty of middle tier guys will be available. Rex just needs someone that won't LOSE the game for them. Could really see someone like Jason Campbell reviving his career there.
    Geno has a 72 passer rating this year. Campbell has put up a 73 and 77 in his last two stints. I'd rather have the young guy who might get better over the old guy that we already know sucks and is only getting worse.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Geno has a 72 passer rating this year. Campbell has put up a 73 and 77 in his last two stints. I'd rather have the young guy who might get better over the old guy that we already know sucks and is only getting worse.
    We know Campbell sucks? All I know is he was a starting QB in the NFL that had a different guy calling the plays each year for his first 4 or whatever years in the league. How can anyone show consistency when you're learning a new playbook and completely different scheme every year? Don't get me wrong I hate the Redskins and liked seeing them fail but the guy wasn't exactly setup to succeed. I still think he an be a decent QB. Not All Pro but better than what the Jets and a few other teams in the league have right now. Give him a OC and scheme that fits his skill set and leave him with the same guy for more than a year and he'll be ok.
    Geno can't even complete a pass beyond 20 yards and loses more games than he wins.

Blog Entries

No excuses for geno smith now I still think he sucks as a qb regardless of who he has at wr. Just watching him play he cannot read a defense or go through progressions for shit. He looks at the primary read then tries to dump off or run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Let's not pretend Vick is better. Last year Vick had one good game against a terrible Redskins team before becoming an injury-prone turnover machine. That's what Vick is these days.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    No excuses for geno smith now I still think he sucks as a qb regardless of who he has at wr. Just watching him play he cannot read a defense or go through progressions for shit. He looks at the primary read then tries to dump off or run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I really think their best shot to win is with Vick. He still has a Arm and still has his legs. At least he can complete a pass more than 20 yards down field. And understands the progressions.
    Just annoying. Why can't anyone take the division from the Pats? Prob the best chance since Brady has been there except for the year he was out. Buffalo is a mess. Again because of failure at the QB position. Miami has the best QB in the division right now, yes even with Brady at their stages of career Tannehill is better than him, but the rest of the team is a mess. Honestly if the Jets would play Vick I think they have the best chance followed by Miami to beat out the Pats. The Bills are still 2 or 3 years of component GM and HC away from being relevant in their division. Just like the Browns. All kinds of talent. They just can't put it together. And as far as the Bills go they let their best defensive player, one of the best in the league also, hit FA. I don't get it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by houstonravensfan View Post
    Great move:
    I don't really see how it hurts Seattle other than the cap hit, which they are obviously willing to take. Harvin has one injury after the other and rarely sees playing time anyway.
    I don't understand the Jets sitting on all that cap money while they watched good players go elsewhere; and NOW they decide to spend it. I agree with earlier post that it's partially a reaction to that 1 point loss to the Pats.

For those who didn't see the TNF Jet/Pats game, Geno played very well, and no turnovers. It's the back end of that secondary, and the lack of WR targets (which this move will help if he can stay healthy) that are the two biggest things hurting the Jets.

Rex has never had a solid QB since he's been there other than the 1 year with Favre. That's the last time they beat the Pats in NE.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!