Page 37 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3536373839 ... LastLast

Re: A moral obligation to impeach

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmaniac4life View Post

Trump’s response to the attacks is why he won.
    Exactly, so does he pick up as much of a following without the attacks?

Also "they" made their biggest mistake by not picking an electable candidate (not that I'm confident there was one in the democratic primary)

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Exactly, so does he pick up as much of a following without the attacks?

Also "they" made their biggest mistake by not picking an electable candidate (not that I'm confident there was one in the democratic primary)

We’re close to agreeing on this...

It wasn’t a barrage of “Trump sux” coverage that helped him. It was him saying “fuck you” to the “Trump sux” coverage.

Lamar didn’t become this amazingly likeable pro-athlete because the media didn’t think he was good enough to play QB. He became the star that he is because of how he responded to the naysayers. The credit goes to Lamar. Same with Trump.

Lamar for President!!!
    Last edited by ravenmaniac4life; 02-11-2020 at 06:21 PM.

It wasn’t a barrage of “Trump sux” coverage that helped him. It was him saying “fuck you” to the “Trump sux” coverage.

Lamar didn’t become this amazingly likeable pro-athlete because the media didn’t think he was good enough to play QB. He became the star that he is because of how he responded to the naysayers. The credit goes to Lamar. Same with Trump.

Lamar for President!!!
    Yeah. I'll go with you on all counts there.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Funny, I read that the other day. Definitely agree on the purity BS. Just argued with my mom about that very subject. There is nothing wrong with being pro gun and pro-climate. Or pro-life and wanna tax the rich. It's crazy that folks are expected to pick and side with all issues.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last week, there was an attempted mass murder of Trump volunteers in a vehicular terrorist attack. The terrorist was a radical Leftist. Most of the volunteers targeted were moms. Did you know that?

This incident isn't receiving any coverage from the MSM. If a MAGA-hat wearing Trump supporter ran his car into a group of Bernie supporters, or Warren supporters, or Buttigieg supporters at a DNC event...it would be the ONLY national discussion going on right now.

This is why Trump calls them fake news. They are.
    There are unreported atrocities happening to everyone across all spectrums. We could blow for blow for days picking and choosing incidents.

We can just agree to disagree. These fake news, deep state claims are dangerous. If he is going to go that route, he needs to be real specific all the time.

Hilary Clinton was covered favorably by the press during the same election cycle and she was featured just as much as Trump.

Trump was attacked 24/7 and he simply punched back and he punched back hard. It wasn't the Trump coverage that helped him (it was all negative). It was him fighting back that made the difference. Add in his policy promises...he played the "politician part" very well.
    Rav come on man. Every channel would show at least 15-30 minutes of every Trump rally. They were fascinated. It was must see tv.

Lamar for President!!!
    Good analogy. :)

You bring Lamar into the equation. I'm sold!

Quote Originally Posted by ddr_jr View Post
    Funny, I read that the other day. Definitely agree on the purity BS. Just argued with my mom about that very subject. There is nothing wrong with being pro gun and pro-climate. Or pro-life and wanna tax the rich. It's crazy that folks are expected to pick and side with all issues.

I couldn't agree more. My actual candidate would want to reduce the size and scope of government, reduce taxes across the board, almost completely exit the healthcare system, but also legalize marijuana, and not infringe on gay marriage. I'm pro-military, but also don't think we should be in the Middle-East outside of a VERY select handful of spots nor should we be in MOST of the places we are. We should completely eliminate foreign handouts without some sort of reciprocation, and not just "promises to behave", but some sort of trade, or physical/tangible resource. Open up the markets and stop micromanaging the people. I do want a wall though because we do need to track who is here, why they are here, and when they plan to leave... or if you want to come here, that is fine, but there needs to be minimum standards... and you have to be able to speak English and know our Government System. Current immigration, to legally do it, has WAY more to do with lawyers getting paid than it has to do with the person coming in.

I think that our military has done things the way they have for so long that our current US infrastructure makes zero sense. Navy is aligned correctly with bases on Oceans and Great Lakes, but the Army and Airforce bases are scattered all over in weird locations. We should have them at the southern (& Northern) border, and have soldiers guard the border as part of their duty, and drill instruction.

Federal Government should be controlling our military, Border, General Overarching Legal Statutes or foreign trade and agreements... that's about it. Leave social governance to the states. Let them control their Education, social policy, and laws.

I'm so sick of National Politics getting in the weeds over stuff that is DEFINITELY out of their lane.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DitkasSausage View Post
    I couldn't agree more. My actual candidate would want to reduce the size and scope of government, reduce taxes across the board, almost completely exit the healthcare system, but also legalize marijuana, and not infringe on gay marriage. I'm pro-military, but also don't think we should be in the Middle-East outside of a VERY select handful of spots nor should we be in MOST of the places we are. We should completely eliminate foreign handouts without some sort of reciprocation, and not just "promises to behave", but some sort of trade, or physical/tangible resource. Open up the markets and stop micromanaging the people. I do want a wall though because we do need to track who is here, why they are here, and when they plan to leave... or if you want to come here, that is fine, but there needs to be minimum standards... and you have to be able to speak English and know our Government System. Current immigration, to legally do it, has WAY more to do with lawyers getting paid than it has to do with the person coming in.

I think that our military has done things the way they have for so long that our current US infrastructure makes zero sense. Navy is aligned correctly with bases on Oceans and Great Lakes, but the Army and Airforce bases are scattered all over in weird locations. We should have them at the southern (& Northern) border, and have soldiers guard the border as part of their duty, and drill instruction.

Federal Government should be controlling our military, Border, General Overarching Legal Statutes or foreign trade and agreements... that's about it. Leave social governance to the states. Let them control their Education, social policy, and laws.

I'm so sick of National Politics getting in the weeds over stuff that is DEFINITELY out of their lane.
    Almost completely agree.

Blog Entries

Mic Drop?

Couldn’t agree more man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

This post is the equivalent to Margo Robbie standing in the rain while wearing a white Lamar Jackson jersey and jeanshorts

This post is the equivalent to Margo Robbie standing in the rain while wearing a white Lamar Jackson jersey and jeanshorts
    I think most "conservative minded" people think this. It is easy to get stuck in the weeds with Democrats and arguing over nonsense that we wouldn't even be arguing over if the Federal Government was just doing what they are supposed to be doing. Gay Marriage, Abortion, War, Race, Crime, Policing.... other than war... the rest of those things shouldn't even be coming out of a POTUS's mouth during campaign. They should be talking about our foreign policy, trade, immigration, military strategy.

We can all argue up and down about Trump/Ukraine but the fact remains... why the F is there so much money on the line, and so much influence even involved??? Why are we involved with their energy sector when we don't purchase an ounce of their energy? Why do we have 16 ambassadors to this country? Every time we get in the weeds, we need to all be asking, "Why the F is our federal government even involved in this?"

Your school system sucks? Why is the federal government involved in trying to improve it?
    We have high national statistics in hate crimes? Why is the federal government involved in this?
    Abortion? Why is the Federal Government involved in this?
    Pro or against gay marriage? Why are they involved in this?
    Is unemployment up? What can the federal government POSSIBLY do to INCREASE employment through action? Build muh roads?? Outside of the Interstate System, your state controls bridges, roads, and intrastate highways.

By giving up more and more rights to our Federal Government, we, as voters give up more of our say in what happens to us on a personal level. If your governor sucks, you can run for governor, or state legislature, or call them up, or meet them at a local event. If you state becomes SUPER liberal or SUPER Conservative... move a couple hundred miles to a better situation. Voting for ANY candidate on the federal level that wants to give you MORE takes away more of your liberty.
    "Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else." -Margaret Mead