Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This Mob Mentality against Law Enforcement is getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It would at least start with cooperation. When entire neighborhoods refuse to cooperate with police and give them valuable information to reel in the bad guys, the job becomes very difficult. Now, I honestly understand why they do in many cases, because witness intimidation (Not to be confused with snitching, because they are two different things believe it or not) is very real. However, at some point, we have to realize that evil feeds off of fear. The people cannot expect the Law to Superhero out here if they are consumed by their own fear.
    We need to police our own. I live in the Pimlico section of Baltimore City and I'm trying to organize 10-15 responsible (legal) gun owners like myself to patrol the corners. Problem is trying to get a way around concealed carry restrictions in the state of Maryland. So far, my two brothers and a couple of friends have signed on. If this thing grows, we could at least save the preteens. The teenagers for the most part are already gone in Baltimore City.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    We need to police our own. I live in the Pimlico section of Baltimore City and I'm trying to organize 10-15 responsible (legal) gun owners like myself to patrol the corners. Problem is trying to get a way around concealed carry restrictions in the state of Maryland. So far, my two brothers and a couple of friends have signed on. If this thing grows, we could at least save the preteens. The teenagers for the most part are already gone in Baltimore City.
    While I applaud your desire to help, are you sure this is the best plan? Police are trained and they mess up. Getting people who aren't trained, who don't have a set of procedures they must follow, involved in dangerous situations is a recipe for disaster. Say it's you, two brother, and three friends starting this. Six people you can trust, and I'm gonna trust them with you. They will handle everything perfectly. What about the seventh person? How about the fifteenth?

In your other post, you said that police used to visit the schools. Get that started again. Call the Ravens front office, see if any of the players want to volunteer to come with the officers. That would be huge for kids. It's admirable that you want to make a difference. But putting untrained people with loaded guns on the streets of Baltimore doesn't end well. There has to be a safer way to do this. Start a thread and let's see what our group mind can come up with.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

What American disagrees with this statement:

If a law enforcement officer gives an individual an order, he/she is to follow it, or suffer the consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by Baltravens View Post

If a law enforcement officer gives an individual an order, he/she is to follow it, or suffer the consequences?
    It depends if the order is lawful or not. You don't have to let a cop into your house without a warrant no matter how much they threaten and demand you to, for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    It depends if the order is lawful or not. You don't have to let a cop into your house without a warrant no matter how much they threaten and demand you to, for example.
    Because the most basic function of a law enforcement officer is to enforce the law, the presumption is that the order is lawful.
    (I would argue that the expression "lawful order" is redundant.) However, context is so important to reality.

Because the most basic function of a law enforcement officer is to enforce the law, the presumption is that the order is lawful.
    (I would argue that the expression "lawful order" is redundant.) However, context is so important to reality.
    Like you said, context is so important. The simple answer is yes, but we all know that police have abused power before and will forever continue to do so. I really think Americans could do this country a big favor and actually learn their rights and knowing how to speak to a LEO respectfully. Even if a LEO isn't speaking to you with respect, i fully believe to speak to them with respect, imo, doing so can do nothing but help your situation, also says a lot about one's character. I understand that a lot of people (of all races) have had issues with the cops, but unless its the same cop, it is unfair to treat a cop you just met with utter disrespect because of something else that happened to you, a friend, or a loved one back in the day.

A good saying i learned in the Marines has helped me think of things differently in a lot of situations: Respect the rank, not the man.

Disclaimer: I know we all havent lived the same life, these are just my opinions and i completely understand that if someone of a different race, age, location, living situation, etc....doesnt agree. I have never had an issue with complying, doesnt mean someone else hasnt.

Blog Entries

Considering most LEO's are packing heat, yes. Unless you don't value being alive....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

If you're dealing with a shithead LEO, you have the right to get their badge number and they're name. Depending on what happens, you can file formal complaints and even file lawsuits.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If you're dealing with a shithead LEO, you have the right to get their badge number and they're name. Depending on what happens, you can file formal complaints and even file lawsuits.

Im sure it has been brought up a couple pages ago when we were discussing improper use of force. I think some of the public who get mad when cops are not convicted (wrong or right) forget that the decision was a jury by their peers.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Im sure it has been brought up a couple pages ago when we were discussing improper use of force. I think some of the public who get mad when cops are not convicted (wrong or right) forget that the decision was a jury by their peers.
    Thats just flat out misleading. The system is set up in a way where a district attorney can decide whether to prosecute or not before a case even sees a trail floor.......talk about a conflict of interest right

Quote Originally Posted by Everything_Ravens View Post
    Thats just flat out misleading. The system is set up in a way where a district attorney can decide whether to prosecute or not before a case even sees a trail floor.......talk about a conflict of interest right
    In some of the cases sparking protest though, the da did in fact prosecute. Now if you want to argue whether they did a good job...

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk