Page 169 of 201 FirstFirst ... 167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 2,017 to 2,028 of 2412

Re: FOOTBALL News/Rumors (Other teams)

Billick received a number of offers, simply not interested. Much like Bill Cowher.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    He was the OC that doesn't call plays - Frank Reich does. I wonder if their top interest picks did not share the sentiment.
    Probably true. Based on how things with Pederson went that job is not an appealing one if you don't buy into the idea that Wentz can be fixed.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    '58
    Good catch

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Or Rudolph...

Ben's contract might keep him around 1 more year unless they wanna eat a large chunk of $....at least I think that's right.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Maybe they already know he's going to retire is what im thinking.

Rivers, Brees, and Ben all walk away together.

Dwayne Haskins is signing with Steelers
    Sevenburgh! Start planning the parade yinzers

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sflegend89 View Post
    Sevenburgh! Start planning the parade yinzers
    Interesting signing at best. This more than likely leaves Dobbs as the the odd QB out. I really believe he has never been given a shot at becoming a starter in the league. The sample size on Dobbs is small and I just don’t understand why he hasn’t been given an opportunity. Maybe the coaches see something.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Philadelphia Eagles hiring Nick Sirianni as head coach, sources say :

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ch-sources-say

Reports: Eagles will hire Nick Sirianni as head coach :

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...as-head-coach/

" According to multiple reports, Philadelphia will hire Indianapolis offensive coordinator Nick Sirianni as head coach.

Sirianni has spent the last three seasons as the Colts’ offensive coordinator under head coach Frank Reich. "

Young guy, only 39... Bc
    Another McVay wannabe hire, solid choice though

Now can Houston hire Bieniemy so we can stop hearing about him, clearly something is wonky with the guy in the interview process. Hell everybody thought Roman would get a HC job last year, another guy that something is just wonky with. Sounds like Bieniemy is just not interviewing well and isn't impressive once they get him talking about his coaching philosophy/goals/vision.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    Interesting signing at best. This more than likely leaves Dobbs as the the odd QB out. I really believe he has never been given a shot at becoming a starter in the league. The sample size on Dobbs is small and I just don’t understand why he hasn’t been given an opportunity. Maybe the coaches see something.
    I agree, I think they could build a competent offense around Dobbs as a bridge while they clean up some contracts. Take a down year after covid and then you're right back in the swing. Maybe they want to try same with Haskins

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Rivers had better numbers but Eli has 2 Super Bowl Championships. If Eli had just 1 I don't think it would be a debate. 2 is complicated. Obviously Eli, Rivers and Ben are all connected because they were drafted near each other the same year. Ben clearly has the easiest path to the HOF. The other 2 are going to be interesting. If it was me I'd say no to both.

I know someone brought up Dan Fouts but Fouts led the NFL in passing stats over multiple years. Rivers had 1 year with the most passing yards and 1 with the most passing TDs. Eli led the NFL in interceptions 3 times. Rivers had the most interceptions 2 times. That never happened to Fouts even though he would throw more passes than anyone. HOF players are judged against others from the same era. Fouts had much better numbers than his contemporaries. Eli and Rivers just don't compared to Ben which makes it tough for them to receive the same honor in my opinion
    For a Steelers fan I'm having an unexpected opinion. While I think Ben is a great QB, I believe he shouldn't be in the HOF. He was never a top 3 QB in a single season. Brady, Payton Manning, Rodgers, Brees, Favre and Mahomes are all clearly better than him. That's already 6 QB's during the span he played. And while most Steelers fans like to blame Tomlin for the lack of play-off success the past decade, Ben is equally to blame. He has a 13-9 record with a whopping 34-28 TD/INT ratio. He only played a handful of great PO games.

As for Eli and Rivers there shouldn't even be a debate imo. Same story for them as with Ben, but it's even worse. Rivers never sniffed a SB and while Eli has 2, he barely has a winning record during his career. If the Giants wouldn't have benched him in his last season he probaly would have finished his career with a losing record. If they make it, it will only because of the bulk stats QB's have been able to put up the last 15 seasons or so thanks to a changing league. In 20 years people will wonder why they've made the HOF because every great QB will have reached their numbers.

I believe the HOF is reserved for exceptional players at their position and neither of them qualifies as such. I know QB's are by far the most important players on the team, but that doesn't mean every franchise QB should automatically get into Canton.

Quote Originally Posted by Culex View Post
    Gotta think that's the end of Ben
    I hope so. With or without him we're not going to win it all next year. But if he doesn't retire, we will lose a lot of young talentful players because of all the cap space he takes. And then we're in for a massive rebuild that will need at least take 4-5 years if we're lucky. If he does retire however we can keep around guys like Feiler, Sutton, Hilton, Banner, Juju,... and we basically "only" need to worry about our QB and OL. That could be fixed in 2 years if we can find a QB (I know, I know...)

I agree, I think they could build a competent offense around Dobbs as a bridge while they clean up some contracts. Take a down year after covid and then you're right back in the swing. Maybe they want to try same with Haskins
    Yup, Steelers need to take a gap year. QB and OL is in shambles and they can't fix that in one offseason with no cap space and a low draft position. They would be wise to punt on 2021 and do some evaluating & clean up work across their roster

we not getting Kubiak