Page 5 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: The Loser Mentality That Is Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    He was trying not to get killed.That's what they get for taking an irrevocably principled stand with Manziel. Never say "never."

This one goes down in my history as payback for the f-ing 2007 game with Phil Graham (or whoever- seeing the name typed I think that was the chinless GOP Senator from TX) bouncing a last second FG off the curved support thing on the goalpost, and dragging Ray and half the team out of the showers to lose in OT. I've seen some ugly in person (Cundiff/Evans in AFCCG @ NE, Rex giving NE five goal-to-go downs in 2007, this year's Jax game,etc.) but I've never lost my sh*t like that night vs. Cleveland
    Phil Dawson

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    This one goes down in my history as payback for the f-ing 2007 game with Phil Graham (or whoever- seeing the name typed I think that was the chinless GOP Senator from TX) bouncing a last second FG off the curved support thing on the goalpost, and dragging Ray and half the team out of the showers to lose in OT.
    I was at that game. Me & my buddy were halfway to the parking garage when a guy with an open car window called out to us "Hey, the game is still going." We were like, what?

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I was at that game. Me & my buddy were halfway to the parking garage when a guy with an open car window called out to us "Hey, the game is still going." We were like, what?
    I was walking to Lot O and listening on the radio when I found out the game was not over. I got to my van and pulled out the TV we had, to watch that loss. One of my group had gone back in after he found out it was not over.

So I guess it is not over until it is over - after further review.
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    For now, LOL.

Johnny Manziel - QB - Browns

Coach Mike Pettine indicated Wednesday that he is open to turning back to Johnny Manziel as the Browns' starter at some point.

The Browns spent all of last week trashing Manziel publicly for allegedly "lying" to them about some video of him partying. Days after losing Josh McCown to a fractured collarbone, the Browns are now rethinking their stance on Manziel. "This is a weekly thing," Pettine said of the decision between Johnny Football and Austin Davis. "It's Austin for this week and I'm not going to go beyond that. We'll revisit this (week to week)." The decision will come down to Davis' performance.

Coach Mike Pettine indicated Wednesday that he is open to turning back to Johnny Manziel as the Browns' starter at some point.

The Browns spent all of last week trashing Manziel publicly for allegedly "lying" to them about some video of him partying. Days after losing Josh McCown to a fractured collarbone, the Browns are now rethinking their stance on Manziel. "This is a weekly thing," Pettine said of the decision between Johnny Football and Austin Davis. "It's Austin for this week and I'm not going to go beyond that. We'll revisit this (week to week)." The decision will come down to Davis' performance.
    They have their own version of "How the world turns" or something like that. Pettine is gone at the end of the year, Gruden hexed him, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Pettine is gone at the end of the year, Gruden hexed him, LOL.
    Talk about someone you would want to have as your DC! I would take Pettine in a heartbeat. Ties to our D, and to the glory days of our D; a very good coach who did well "on his own" in Buffalo after leaving from under Rex Ryan's wing; and someone who seems to be a genuinely good guy.

(I got that last impression from the book Collision Low Crossers, where he features pretty prominently. I gained some respect for him, reading that book.)

If Pagano or Pettine replaced Pees this offseason, I'd be quite happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Talk about someone you would want to have as your DC! I would take Pettine in a heartbeat. Ties to our D, and to the glory days of our D; a very good coach who did well "on his own" in Buffalo after leaving from under Rex Ryan's wing; and someone who seems to be a genuinely good guy.

(I got that last impression from the book Collision Low Crossers, where he features pretty prominently. I gained some respect for him, reading that book.)

If Pagano or Pettine replaced Pees this offseason, I'd be quite happy.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    Ravens getting Pettine would be another chapter to the browns story, SMH.

Blog Entries

I Would welcome Pettine with open arms he is a good coach the browns are just a bad bad organization, when you keep firing coaches and GMs the one common denominator you have left is the owner then you see the root of the problem there.

Blog Entries

Look at their schedule down the stretch. Brutal and with a 3rd string QB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Manziel would be better off on the bench against the teams they're about to play. A little protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!