Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens at the White House Stream

I just think it's incredibly short sighted. Wwe should be promoting bipartisanship, go and tell Obama "i don't agree with you opinion on X".

How many of us get an opportunity to speak DIRECTLY to the President? Will he listen, maybe not, but you look like you're trying to work to change someone's mind. Otherwise, to me, just looks you are pouting.

Also, I was not a supported of GWB...but watching the speech he gave the 2000 Ravens, I thought he was much more cool and confident speaking about them, I felt he gave a much better speech than Obama. And I would still have gone.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I just think it's incredibly short sighted. Wwe should be promoting bipartisanship, go and tell Obama "i don't agree with you opinion on X".

How many of us get an opportunity to speak DIRECTLY to the President? Will he listen, maybe not, but you look like you're trying to work to change someone's mind. Otherwise, to me, just looks you are pouting.

Also, I was not a supported of GWB...but watching the speech he gave the 2000 Ravens, I thought he was much more cool and confident speaking about them, I felt he gave a much better speech than Obama. And I would still have gone.
    2 separate things entirely. This is an invitation to shake his hand, not speak with him frankly about policies and have him even attempt to make it look like he cares. Would I sit down and break bread with him if I thought he had even one smidgen of genuine curiosity as to what I might have to say? ABSOLUTELY.

And in that context, would i show respect to the office and the fact that he is privy to much more information than I am? ABSOLUTELY, once again. I wouldn't be overly harsh and accusatory as I am behind his back. I would respectfully lay out some complaints about policy that does not seem to coincide with promoting the welfare of the common American.

Blog Entries

Elway refused to go after he won the SB when Clinton was in WH and it was all political. Rush made a big deal of it.

Once in church our pastor was preaching and said if the president of the US called you to the WH you would go wouldn't you. He was equating him like God calling you. I started laughing my ass off and then the rest of the church did and he turned to me and said maybe that was a bad question.

He said Trap, it's the importance of the office. He's the most important man in the world so you would still go wouldn't you. I said nope.

And I sure wouldn't go for this clown too the way he's raised the debt, taxes not to mention
    destroying the country. It is all political for me and I wouldn't go if I were a star.

I got to meet President Ford. That was at work. As you know I worked in the federal court system for years and we had a naturalization hearing at Ft McHenry in front of 7,000 people and Ford came to speak and hand out the certificates and I got to shake his hand.

http://gurukul.american.edu/heintze/FourthPres.htm

WE were on the stage and a big wind came in and blew the certificates all over the place and underneath the stage where we were all sitting with the Prez. I jumped up and got the certificates and even had to crawl under the stage all dressed up to get some.

AFterwards the Prez said Trap, I'm sure glad you jumped up. You moved pretty fast.
    Just like OBY knew about Ray's dance, Ford knew my nick name. I was impressed.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-06-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

Well said. Comes off pouty and possibly pointless.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Re: Birk Refuses WH Invite

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I'm pro-choice... would love to meet Birk.

With me it IS specific to Obama and his cronies. It's not about minor differences in viewpoints on certain topics, it's the tactics that go with his INCREDIBLY liberal beliefs.
    What tactics?

Also, you capitalize "incredibly" ... I guess I don't mind that, not just because I am liberal but also because liberalism is based on giving more freedom/options to more groups of people than conservatism.

I also want badly to comment on holy books and how they warp people into having petty/spiteful mindsets like Birk is showing here ... but perhaps this isn't the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I am liberal but also because liberalism is based on giving more freedom/options to more groups of people than conservatism.
    I used to think this way too. Give it time

For another thread as well I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    ...but also because liberalism is based on giving more freedom/options to more groups of people than conservatism.
    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I used to think this way too. Give it time.
    When I was very young, I thought Democrats/liberals were more respectful of people's freedom. Then I thought it was Republicans/conservatives.

Now? I don't think there is that much of a difference between the 2 parties. They put on a good show to make people think there is, though.

Neither has much respect for the rights of its citizens they are supposed to be protecting (they did take an oath, right?).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And that's precisely what's wrong with this country.

There was a time in this country when people from both sides of the fence would sit around and enjoy each others company. Politicians and citizens alike would put aside their political differences and simply be cool to one another.

The event wasn't political and it was a once in a lifetime chance to go to a place very few will ever see. I couldn't stand Clinton but I jumped at the chance to meet him and go to the White House.

As for Birk, I support his right to free speech but feel he missed out on an opportunity. Missing that opportunity is his right, too.
    spot on. People used to be able to come together and discuss things. now its one or the other, which is absolutely whats wrong.

as for Birk...
    "I wasn't there," Birk told KFAN in Minnesota. "I would say that I have great respect for the office of the Presidency, but about five or six weeks ago, our President made a comment in a speech and he said, 'God bless Planned Parenthood.'

In April, Obama closed his speech at a Planned Parenthood national conference, saying "Thank you Planned Parenthood. God bless you, God bless America.”
    not quite what the president said. You could have been planned parenthood, but me thinks he meant you plural as in, "you listening". plenty of speeches end that way. so whats even worse is he made something political (and religious) that wasnt really the intent.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    When I was very young, I thought Democrats/liberals were more respectful of people's freedom. Then I thought it was Republicans/conservatives.

Now? I don't think there is that much of a difference between the 2 parties. They put on a good show to make people think there is, though.

Neither has much respect for the rights of its citizens they are supposed to be protecting (they did take an oath, right?).
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    IT is my belief that this administration is NOT actively working to improve the status of our nation worldwide, but is in fact intentionally taking this country into the garbage.
    Do us a favor and list all of the Presidents who haven't been accused of that. How many of them held the office in the past 200 years?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Do us a favor and list all of the Presidents who haven't been accused of that. How many of them held the office in the past 200 years?
    I think his point is that what he feels about this President. Not what other Presidents have been accused of by other people.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

I definitely agree that politics and politicians, in general, can be disappointing, pathetic, disgusting ... any bad adjective you want to throw out there. Someone doesn't know too much about politics if they think their side is the alpha and omega of goodness. I may be a liberal Democrat, but I don't think liberals and Democrats have all the answers or are always right.

But in my opinion, if you have one side that says, "Hey, sure, YOU can have a basic freedom such as marriage or workplace equality," and another side says you can't, then hey: one side is granting its citizenry more rights. There might be a lot to conservatism and Republicanism I would like or appreciate if not for the very loud, obnoxious, and medically ignorant Rape Crew that sprouted up recently, featuring Todd Akin et al.