Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Which?
    That the agent had been in contact with all the teams and none were interested in his client. It's tough to say the Ravens weren't interested when you have SB in a press conference basically saying that were considering it.

That said, he doesn't specify a timeline, so you could argue he meant more recently than that.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    That the agent had been in contact with all the teams and none were interested in his client. It's tough to say the Ravens weren't interested when you have SB in a press conference basically saying that were considering it.

That said, he doesn't specify a timeline, so you could argue he meant more recently than that.
    Oh, I see.

Well: he is a lawyer, so he probably has some basis by which what he said is "true & accurate", technically. He does say "little to no response from teams". That would seem to leave a little wiggle room. Also Biscuit said they were considering it internally; that might not mean they ever communicated that to the agent. If the Ravens were considering it in meetings, but never reached out to the agent to schedule a visit, then both people could be telling the truth.

I don't know, I wasn't there.
    Last edited by JimZipCode; 10-11-2019 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    If Brian Flores is being honest, I don't believe for a second that he could say that Josh Rosen or Ryan Fitzpatrick are better than Collin Kaepernick. I dont believe it.

Just because the Dolphins are going with Rosen and Fitzpatrick and not going for Kaep doesn't mean that they think those guys are better. It just means that they don't think Kaep is worth the trouble. The point I'm making is that a player's talent isn't necessarily THE only deciding factor in their employment or lack thereof. There are extenuating circumstances at play and those circumstances regarding Kaepernick are that he's a lighting rod for controversy and a media circus AND he isn't good enough of a player to make those things worth dealing with.

The juice isn't worth the squeeze. Kaepernick always hovered between mediocre and slightly above average. Why would a team deal with the distractions for mediocre talent? If he was on the level of say Aaron Rodgers then teams would be more than willing to deal with the distractions.

I think the whole "he's not good enough" narrative is silly. If a guy like Luke Falk can start games then from a talent standpoint Kaepernick 100% deserves to be in the league. With that said Kaepernick had to know the protests would be divisive. He can't be shocked that he's not on an NFL roster.

It is ENTIRELY reasonable to assume Aryan Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Karl today. It’s entirely possible to think Rosen “could” be better next year or the year after.

It’s been like 4 years since this dude played... the chance he still has anything left at this point is almost zero. Perhaps he shouldn’t have thinned his nose three years ago about vet minimum backup jobs and perhaps he would have made 10-15 million. By now and maybe even played in a few games.

3 years ago was he a top 50ish QB talent? Sure... if he wanted to accept a position and salary that reflected that he likely would have been employed at one point or another, no matter what his lawyer is trying to say now that the ido has closed.::

I simply don’t believe it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fuck Kaepernick & his Commie girlfriend.

In concert with the liberal media - making him out to be a folk-hero when in reality he was just scamming & blackmailing the 32 owners - his stupid-ass kneeling cost the NFL and its players (via revenue sharing) billions of dollars. Here's hoping that this asshole + that bitch wind up penniless begging Skid Row.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

This is pretty much the way I see it. Kaep is/was certainly better than ~90% of the backup QBs in the league; and probably ~30% of the starters, maybe more. But he's not Mahomes, or comparable. So teams decided not to risk a media or PR backlash.

In other words, he's being kept off of rosters due to factors not related to his football ability.

Yeah, that's bullshit. You can tell that there was no such decision, because no team has worked-out Kaep.

If teams had worked him out, then they could say with a straight face that he's not better than what they have; because they've seen him. But they haven't seen him.
    (I would argue that teams haven't worked him out, because his abilities would have forced their hand: they'd have to put him on a roster. But that's pure speculation on my part.)

As an example, here in Baltimore there is no way in hell that Trace McSorley is better than Kaepernick. No way whatsoever. It's highly probably that RG3 is not better than Kaep.

Hell, it's possible that Lamar isn't; but first- and second-year "franchise QBs" get an exemption. Lamar's upside is higher than Kaep's, as is Baker's and perhaps Kyler & Danny Dimes. So teams start those players like that to get them the necessary experience, so that their upside materializes ASAP. We all get how that works: I'm not saying teams should start Kaep over Mayfield or Lamar or Kyler. But, c'mon: Trace McSorley is not better than Kaep, and will likely never be better than Kaep was.
    This is a great example of why you are stuck in the past. Not one single expert that is employees by an NFL team, thinks kap is any good. Otherwise , he would be working. (Unless he doesn’t want to work, which is another opinion)

Mcsorley is a lot better than kap. Much more accurate. Easier coached. Not as much of a risk. Much younger. And lots more up side.

You keep arguing like it is a fact that kap is good. You seem to get facts and opinions confused.

I have a suggestion. Why don’t you start a business, and hire him. Because there is zero chance of him ever playing in the nfl again. ZERO.

Quote Originally Posted by TTRaven View Post

The juice isn't worth the squeeze. Kaepernick always hovered between mediocre and slightly above average. Why would a team deal with the distractions for mediocre talent? If he was on the level of say Aaron Rodgers then teams would be more than willing to deal with the distractions.

I think the whole "he's not good enough" narrative is silly. If a guy like Luke Falk can start games then from a talent standpoint Kaepernick 100% deserves to be in the league. With that said Kaepernick had to know the protests would be divisive. He can't be shocked that he's not on an NFL roster.
    Why do people put celebrities on such a higher pedestal than everyone else. What does he 100% deserves to be in the nfl. It isn’t a right. It is a privilege. There are probably 1000 other QBS that are better than kap that never got a chance. Or. I one ever saw. Do they all deserve to be in the league?? You have 32 teams. Each has 2/3 QBs. So at the most, less than 100 people get the privilege of saying they are an nfl qb. No one gets the right to be one of them.

For all we know, someone on this board is better than someone in the nfl. You do t see any of us whining that we are being blackballed.

The nfl is a privilege that 99.9% of the population will never get. Kap has that privilege and he walked away. Screw him and his distorted ego. That is worse that anyone not getting a chance. Or anyone being blackballed. He had that rare opportunity and he walked away. He doesn’t deserve squat. Someone else does.

8. Re: Kaeps lawyers release statement of facts - MODS please move if not appropriate here

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    This is a great example of why you are stuck in the past. Not one single expert that is employees by an NFL team, thinks kap is any good. Otherwise , he would be working. (Unless he doesn’t want to work, which is another opinion)

Mcsorley is a lot better than kap. Much more accurate. Easier coached. Not as much of a risk. Much younger. And lots more up side.

You keep arguing like it is a fact that kap is good. You seem to get facts and opinions confused.

I have a suggestion. Why don’t you start a business, and hire him. Because there is zero chance of him ever playing in the nfl again. ZERO.
    Kaepernick is better than McSorley.

And he's not on an NFL roster because 1) he's a headache because kneeling and 2) most teams don't want a running QB.

Oh, I see.

Well: he is a lawyer, so he probably has some basis by which what he said is "true & accurate", technically. He does say "little to no response from teams". That would seem to leave a little wiggle room. Also Biscuit said they were considering it internally; that might not mean they ever communicated that to the agent. If the Ravens were considering it in meetings, but never reached out to the agent to schedule a visit, then both people could be telling the truth.

I don't know, I wasn't there.
    Yeah. That last part is a very good point as well.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

In 2016, for a deeply shitty team that gave up 31 ppg in his 11 starts and went 1-10, Kaep posted:

• AdjNetYds/Att of 5.92
    • Passer rating of 90.7
    • QBR of 49.5
    • DVOA of -17.5

These aren't great stats. But they're not bottom of the barrel can't-play-in-the-league stats either.
    Those measures are/were better than the following QBs who have STARTED games in the NFL this season:

• ANY/A: Dalton, Danny Dimes, Eli, Cam, Kyler, Baker, Josh Allen, Trubisky, Josh Rosen, Luke Falk.
    • Rating: tied with Flacco; better than Goff plus a bunch from the above list (Dalton+Dimes+Trubisky+Kyler+Eli+JAllen+Cam+Baker+Falk+Rosen)
    • QBR: Case Keenum, Jameis, Mason Rudolph, Bridgewater, Cousins, Mariota (along with Rosen+JAllen+Trubisky+Eli+Dalton+Baker+Cam+Falk)
    • DVOA: Kyler, J Allen, Baker, Rosen, Falk

That's 18 starters who along one or another measure of performance, have not played as well this season as Kaep did in '16. STARTERS.

But Kaep isn't good enough to deserve a shot at a backup job? Or even a camp arm? Puh-lease. Bullshit.
    Thanks for breakdown of the facts

You know, you don't have to read the thread if you don't want.

Not sure why you feel entitled to shut down other people from talking about something.
    That’s what the right does to minorities

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    That’s what the right does to minorities
    And the left is so much better by parading you around like helpless little children that can’t do anything without the governments help..: I’m not sure how I’d support a politician who’s every word made it seem like I needed my starting locks set at the 95 meter mark of a hundred meter dash.::

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk