Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: May 3rd - 5th Year Option Deadline

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...es-this-summer

Ravens' decision with Breshad Perriman comes this summer

With the May 5 deadline approaching, the Baltimore Ravens aren’t expected to exercise the fifth-year 2019 option on wide receiver Breshad Perriman.

The bigger decision with the disappointing 2015 first-round pick comes this summer.

Perriman is due a $649,485 bonus on the third day of Baltimore’s training camp, according to ESPN’s Field Yates. The Ravens could try to trade Perriman or ultimately release him, given his struggles and the team’s free-agent additions.

Baltimore is playing in the Hall of Fame game this season, so the third day of camp will be in the middle of July (likely July 21).

"He knows it's his opportunity to make or break being a part of the Ravens,” general manager Ozzie Newsome said in early March....

...Perriman received the worst grade among 116 receivers from Pro Football Focus last season. His dropped passes became such a problem that he was sarcastically booed by fans after making two catches in the last home game he played.

“It was tough,” Perriman said a day after the season ended. “I’ve never been through any challenges like this, football-wise. This was probably my toughest year.”

The Ravens presumably won’t pick up Perriman’s fifth-year option of $9.387 million, which would become guaranteed in 2019 if he gets injured. Even if Perriman had been productive, that option would have been a risk with his injury history.

With the bonus, Perriman is due to make $1.622 million this season, which is the 14th-highest base salary on the team. Baltimore can create $1.6 million in cap space by cutting him after June 1.

The Ravens' focus this offseason has been to upgrade the wide receiver position. Baltimore signed Michael Crabtree and John Brown in free agency, and the Ravens are set to add Willie Snead as a restricted free agent.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh expressed optimism that Perriman could turn his career around.

"I’m confident he can do it. I’m hopeful he can do it; I want him to do it,” Harbaugh said at the end of the season. "I’ll do everything I can; we’ll do everything we can, as a coaching staff, to make him the best he can be, because we need him to be great. But if it doesn’t work out, then it’s going to be somebody else. That goes for any player.”

Blog Entries

Whenever the entire board is unified on something, it's for good reason. We were all, but unified on not drafting him. We are all, but unified on not picking up this option.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Whenever the entire board is unified on something, it's for good reason. We were all, but unified on not drafting him. We are all, but unified on not picking up this option.
    According to that article he's getting a $650k bonus if he's here in July. Is that enough for them to cut him if they draft a couple of receivers to go along with the 3 they signed?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    According to that article he's getting a $650k bonus if he's here in July. Is that enough for them to cut him if they draft a couple of receivers to go along with the 3 they signed?
    Hey GOTA, how much would that 650K be in CT after taxes?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

He better turn heads before July

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Even if that bonus was $6.50, I would cut this guy after June 1st... Bc

7. Re: May 3rd - 5th Year Option Deadline

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...es-this-summer

“I’m confident he can do it.
    I’m hopeful he can do it;
    I want him to do it,”

Harbaugh said at the end of the season.”

For some reason, that quote reminded me of walking down a staircase.

It’s like, every time Harbs realized what he was saying, he had to add a caveat - from confident, to hopeful, to want.

Well, I wanted a new car this past Christmas. I wasn’t hopeful or confident that Santa would bring me one, but damn did I want one.

I’d designate Can’t Get Right as a post-June 1 cut as soon as possible, like yesterday.

pray for us

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Even if that bonus was $6.50, I would cut this guy after June 1st... Bc
    Lol THIS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AmishlandRavenFan View Post
    For some reason, that quote reminded me of walking down a staircase.

It’s like, every time Harbs realized what he was saying, he had to add a caveat - from confident, to hopeful, to want.

Well, I wanted a new car this past Christmas. I wasn’t hopeful or confident that Santa would bring me one, but damn did I want one.

I’d designate Can’t Get Right as a post-June 1 cut as soon as possible, like yesterday.
    Harbaugh had to remember that Perriman is a guy he benched and qualify his statement.

Blog Entries

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Really, this isn't even a question. No way that option is picked up.