Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 28293031 LastLast

Re: For us young guys: compare Bert Jones to Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Again with your continued use of subjective lists without any factual backup. They also had Brad Johnson and Jeff Garcia as top 50 quarterbacks. Stop posting these lists. It's embarrassing now.
    How is it embarrassing??? Maybe to all the Jump Ball Joe Flacco's on the web site because he's never on any of them lol . I'm sure if Flacco was on any of these , you all would be posting them left and right. Fact is, Bert Jones always pops up , and ya just can' take it lol I mean even Bill Belacheat of the New England Patriots said: " Asked the other day who was the best quarterback he ever saw, this three-time Super Bowl-winning coach seemed to indicate that it might have been Bert Jones. Now I guess its embarrassing that he said it huh???

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/s...s/200802020150

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    As posted above Bert was sacked for a record 12 times in one
    game and Joe didn't do as well in the end with the brace on
    his knee. Yea he was tuff, but was also limited with what he
    could do. He was sreaming and holding his knee in the Cinci
    game in the end zone after he was hit, just like Bert when his
    shoulder was hit. We just missed the POs even with Joe getting
    injured.

Again, Bert didn't have 4 HOF guys on his defense saving games. Ravens went
    to the SB and other POs with no QBs at all unless you call Dilfer and Wright
    QBs and with an old man QB who ran out of gas before the POs in 06.

Bert's Ds gave up 77 pts in 2 POs games. Nobody would have won those.

Keep laughing at the eye ball test because the guys that never saw BERt
    just don't know - period.
    Yea, the individuals on the site are amazingly ignorant, but I understand in a way. Thy just can't take the fact that we are right. Like I posted, even Bill belacheat thought Bert Jones was one of the best .

Quote Originally Posted by turftoe View Post
    How is it embarrassing??? Maybe to all the Jump Ball Joe Flacco's on the web site because he's never on any of them lol . I'm sure if Flacco was on any of these , you all would be posting them left and right. Fact is, Bert Jones always pops up , and ya just can' take it lol I mean even Bill Belacheat of the New England Patriots said: " Asked the other day who was the best quarterback he ever saw, this three-time Super Bowl-winning coach seemed to indicate that it might have been Bert Jones. Now I guess its embarrassing that he said it huh???

It's embarrassing that you people cling to all of these useless lists to validate your point and ignore all the facts. Mainly the fact that Bert could not survive his own era ( out of all of the great QBs in his time he lasted the shortest) and the fact that he's a postseason choker (0 wins, 1 TD, and a total completion under 50%)I'm willing to bet that's awful in any age . I'll take. Joe Flacco over that choker any day.

It's embarrassing that you people cling to all of these useless lists to validate your point and ignore all the facts. Mainly the fact that Bert could not survive his own era ( out of all of the great QBs in his time he lasted the shortest) and the fact that he's a postseason choker (0 wins, 1 TD, and a total completion under 50%)I'm willing to bet that's awful in any age . I'll take. Joe Flacco over that choker any day.
    LOL!!! Like I said Flacco wouldn't make a pimple on Jone's ass as a athlete or a QB.

LOL!!! Like I said Flacco wouldn't make a pimple on Jone's ass as a athlete or a QB.
    I guess my facts were too much for you to actually come up with an intelligent response. Here's the simple truth: Bert Jones accomplished nothing. Unitas won multiple championships and was a hall of famer. Dilfer game managed the Ravens to a Super Bowl. And Flacco has the Ravens in constant contention for a Super Bowl and is a Super Bowl MVP. What did Bert do?

It's really sad to see Ravens fans pissing on one-another over mere opinions as to who was our 2nd best or 3rd best QB of all time. How about tone down the rhetoric!

Here's my simplistic take:

1. Johnny U - the Golden Arm - grade A+ - the NFL's greatest QB of all time
    2. Bert Jones - Ruston Rifle - grade A - best pure passer in Baltimore's history - '76 MVP
    2a. Joe Flacco - January Joe - grade A - most dominant NFL player in recent playoffs - '12 SB MVP
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

You don't think Bert is as good as Flacco, I get that. But labeling him as a choker because of 3 playoff games isn't fair. Like I stated earlier, people were saying the Ravens won in spite of Flacco after his first 3 playoff appearances. The fact that he was allowed to change that somewhat since then is a testament to the organization, especially when held up against the train wreck that was the Irsay-led Colts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    It's really sad to see Ravens fans pissing on one-another over mere opinions as to who was our 2nd best or 3rd best QB of all time. How about tone down the rhetoric!

Here's my simplistic take:

1. Johnny U - the Golden Arm - grade A+ - the NFL's greatest QB of all time
    2. Bert Jones - Ruston Rifle - grade A - best pure passer in Baltimore's history - '76 MVP
    2a. Joe Flacco - January Joe - grade A - most dominant NFL player in recent playoffs - '12 SB MVP
    Spot on T with that order and the editorial.

They're all great with MVP awards. Bert is #2 for having the
    purest arm and that's what the experts like Bellicheat and
    Acorsi say who was the Colts GM and
    built the Giants SB 35 team and set up his successor, Reese,
    with his 2 SB teams.

Blog Entries

Very disheartening this thread. What started out as a simple off-season discussion about two very good quarterbacks has disintegrated into insults, and childish rhetoric. It has become a forum for Patriots fans and others to throw one quarterback under the bus at the expense of another.

What used to be a very good forum where folks and followers of all teams could come and have a civil dialogue has deteriorated in the last few months as topics like this and the deflategate thread have become hijacked by those with an agenda.

Someone please let me know when this nonsense stops.

It's an article written in 2008, LOL. You are embarrassing for older people like myself.
    Your Flacco vs Rothlesberger thread went to the trash heap, that's how embarrassing you are.

Just live in the past, it's now and the future that has Baltimore football fans excited. Flacco is the man and by the time his career is over, many records will be his. Cling to BJ and his short career, while the rest of us enjoy Raven football.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Very disheartening this thread. What started out as a simple off-season discussion about two very good quarterbacks has disintegrated into insults, and childish rhetoric. It has become a forum for Patriots fans and others to throw one quarterback under the bus at the expense of another.

What used to be a very good forum where folks and followers of all teams could come and have a civil dialogue has deteriorated in the last few months as topics like this and the deflategate thread have become hijacked by those with an agenda.

Someone please let me know when this nonsense stops.
    So two threads have made the forum become crappy?

Give me a break. You know Ed, you don't have to look at those threads. Nor do you have to read things from posters you're not a fan of. Like most forums - RSR comes complete with an ignore feature. No need to thank me, that was all Tony and Steve's doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    It's an article written in 2008, LOL. You are embarrassing for older people like myself.
    Your Flacco vs Rothlesberger thread went to the trash heap, that's how embarrassing you are.

Just live in the past, it's now and the future that has Baltimore football fans excited. Flacco is the man and by the time his career is over, many records will be his. Cling to BJ and his short career, while the rest of us enjoy Raven football.
    This. Not just 2008, but before Flacco was even drafted. It proves nothing except turftoe is desperately grasping at straws.

And this thread is heading to the trash heap as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.