Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Anonymous NFL Scouts Comments on some 2017 top players

Nice to see that some sports writer or beat writer for the local paper in the city of an NFL team can actually put something like that together for their fans. Here....We get Preston and tweets from. Zriebec.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    The winner thing does not translate to the NFL. Intangibles for a QB only come into play if you can make all of the necessary throws and read defenses. .
    Kind of ironic when every Flacco debate on this board includes one side saying "He's a winner, look at how many playoff games he's won". Guess it only works for him but for others it's a team sport.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Ken Dorsey? Tim Tebow?

It's like people have never seen any of the three play.

chris wienke was a winner
    :bag:

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The comps for the 2 big RBs are just crazy. Cook is the next Marshall Faulk and Fournette could be Bo Jackson? Whoa. It's good to be excited but that's way over the top
    I really hate when scouts do this. When they compare PROSPECTS to guys who are HOF'ers or legends. To me it's like click-baity and a lack of actual effort to draw real comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    Ghost gonna throw a brick through the window of dude who said Corey Davis was basically Jordan Matthews.
    TBH, it's lazy, lazy scouting. I think anyone who actually takes the time and watch and breakdown his film doesn't see much Jordan Matthews at all. I get it from maybe a size and on Ass my time n that he might test out similarity. But Davis is beyond a big slot WR which Matthews is strictly.
    Davis is a far superior RZ threat as well as I think he has superior GUAGI ability and overall route running ability. I think Davis also has much, much better hands.

I really don't see the Matthews comparison at all. I think from day one, Davis is a superior WR to Matthews.
    I, Ghost, the Conductor to the Corey Davis to Baltimore hype train. JUMP ABOARD!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    I really hate when scouts do this. When they compare PROSPECTS to guys who are HOF'ers or legends. To me it's like click-baity and a lack of actual effort to draw real comparisons.

TBH, it's lazy, lazy scouting. I think anyone who actually takes the time and watch and breakdown his film doesn't see much Jordan Matthews at all. I get it from maybe a size and on Ass my time n that he might test out similarity. But Davis is beyond a big slot WR which Matthews is strictly.
    Davis is a far superior RZ threat as well as I think he has superior GUAGI ability and overall route running ability. I think Davis also has much, much better hands.

I really don't see the Matthews comparison at all. I think from day one, Davis is a superior WR to Matthews.
    I couldn't agree with you more on the Davis-Matthews comparison. I don't think they're in the same ballpark in talent and upside. However, scouts differ all the time and I doubt that guys who watch way more tape than any of us, are cross-checked and have to defend their reports can be called lazy. They just see different things. For example, check out McGinn's NFL sources on last year's biggest upside surprise in the draft class of 2016:
    . DAK PRESCOTT, Mississippi State (6-2, 227, 4.78, 2-3): Billed by the Bulldogs as the most decorated player in their history. "This was not a good team but for two years they competed against the best teams," one scout said. "He was the entire team there. The guy's just a winner. He's got patience, focus, makes quick decisions, good arm strength, nice touch, stands tall in the pocket under pressure." Posted 23-10 record and had a passer rating of 99.6. Also rushed for 2,501 yards and 41 TDs. "He motivated that team, held guys accountable," another scout said. "I just don't see the vision downfield. He's a very streaky thrower. There will be a place for him in the league. I'd take him over Tim Tebow hands down." Arrested for a DUI in mid-March. Wonderlic of 25. "He's got no accuracy, got no vision," said a third scout. "I don't think he's an NFL quarterback." From Haughton, La.
    Last edited by Mark; 03-18-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Jordan Matthews was quite the darling of this board as well. Let's not forget that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post

I hope we get to see how he develops first hand

9. Re: Anonymous NFL Scouts Comments on some 2017 top players

He I'm really hoping Davis is there for us. With his lack of work outs and philly picking up fa wr help I think there is a decent chance we have the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenspaintball271 View Post
    He I'm really hoping Davis is there for us. With his lack of work outs and philly picking up fa wr help I think there is a decent chance we have the opportunity.
    He tore two ligaments in his ankle and had surgery. Sure they're calling it "extremely minor" but it's ankle ligaments in a WR. After Perriman's "slow-healing PCL" I think the Ravens will really REALLY take a close look at that ankle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Kind of ironic when every Flacco debate on this board includes one side saying "He's a winner, look at how many playoff games he's won". Guess it only works for him but for others it's a team sport.
    IIRC Coach Billick used to refer to training camp fodder as 'slappies'. any slappy can win the Trans-Idaho bowl but Flacco has won @ the NFL / playoff level.
    some QBs look awkward but win (Bernie Kosar). Some look great @ college and preseason but never make the jump to NFL (fill in random name).

I wonder; has any big-time NFL QB been a loser in college?
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    My comment was not about QBs winning the NFL but more about winning not being a skill that translates from the college to the NFL. Just because a QB is a winner at the college level does not mean he is going to be a winner at the NFL level if he does not have the necessary skills. It has nothing to do with it being a team sport. Watson gets all the credit in the world for Clemsons success but doesn't mean it will happen at the NFL level. Football is a team sport but a team goes as the QB goes. that is both in college and the NFL. If you team wins a championship your QB is going to be a big reason.