Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Money Grab - Shafts PSL Holders

Im pretty ignorant on the whole idea but wasnt there a commercial of four dudes that never missed a superbowl? If its all lottery process, whether by team or nfl, how the hell did that happen?
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im pretty ignorant on the whole idea but wasnt there a commercial of four dudes that never missed a superbowl? If its all lottery process, whether by team or nfl, how the hell did that happen?
    Rich motherfuckers... see stubhub.com

Quote Originally Posted by ManfredHanover View Post
    NOTE: THE RAVENS GET 17.5 PERCENT OF THE TICKETS AT THE SUPERDOME. That is around 13,000. The other 35 percent of the tickets goes to the other NFL teams. 1 percent to a lottery held for anyone (see NFL.com). The balance to corporate sponsors.
    So?

How is any of this Bisciotti's fault?

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Rich motherfuckers... see stubhub.com
    I have heard that Ravens' psl owners who were lottery winners are also cashing in on selling their tickets on Stubhub and Craigs List. It is their choice. I wouldn't but can't blame anyone selling the tickets for a profit in this economy.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So?

How is any of this Bisciotti's fault?
    I think he is implying that a very small percentage of the 13,000 seats designated to the Ravens organization (to do with what they wish? still not sure if there are any league-mandated rules regarding each team's allocation) are 'given' to season ticket holders (cost: face value) by way of a lottery. Again, not saying he is right or agree with the premise, but I think that is the gripe.

In short how many of the 13,000 tickets does everyone believe are put into the Ravens PSL 'lottery?'

10,000?
    7,000?
    2,000?
    500?

etc

I haven't a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    while i understand the frustration...if you're going to scold/lecture someone, the least you could do is spell his name correctly.

Just saying...
    you are correct. Auto-correct changed the spelling. Sorry.

NOTE: THE RAVENS GET 17.5 PERCENT OF THE TICKETS AT THE SUPERDOME. That is around 13,000. The other 35 percent of the tickets goes to the other NFL teams. 1 percent to a lottery held for anyone (see NFL.com). The balance to corporate sponsors.
    Sponsor: a person or an organization that pays for or plans and carries out a project or activity.

Yes, while us PSL holders pay for our season tickets, I can guarantee you that the corporate sponsors of the Ravens pay much, much more. So they get the tickets.

Again, I am not arguing the morality of basically shutting out the common fan from the game, but the Super Bowl (at least after #3) was never set-up to be something for the common fan and never will be. That's business and that's the way of the world.

The tickets are allocated 17.5 to each team in the SuperBowl and then 30 percent among the other thirty teams. 1 percent in a yearly open to all lottery. The balance is for corporate sponsors such as FORD, ANESHEUR BUSH, CHRYSLER, ETC. So given the BILLIONS in TV contracts, it would be illogical for the tickets to have come from any place other than the Ravens allotment. There is one simple way to clear the issue up, have the Ravens be transparent about how many tickets there were, and who got them. How about a list of lottery winners by section of the stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    This from an article a few years ago:

Thomas Henschel is a Steelers fan who has lived in Chicago, Miami Springs and now in Tampa. The Super Bowl fever struck him when he was an airline ticket agent at Chicago's O'Hare Airport.

``I worked at the airport in the daytime and at night I was a part-time bartender,'' Henschel said. ``And outside of O'Hare was this bar called Some Other Place and all these flight attendants would flock there.

``So in came these ballplayers chasing these women and I met a lot of these ballplayers. I got tickets to the Cubs games, the Bears games. I got tickets given to me for the first couple of Super Bowls.''

He was hooked. And once he attended five, 10 games, there was no choice but keep going.

``There were years we had to pay scalpers,'' Henschel said. ``I'm talking about $1,200-1,400 apiece for tickets.

Fortunately, the last 14 years, the NFL found out about us and has been sending us the invoice for tickets at face value.
    ''
    http://www.wsaw.com/home/headlines/83632877.html

Then why not be transparent and post exactly how many people got tickets, and what sections they have their PSL for all to see, just how fair the lottery was.

Then why not be transparent and post exactly how many people got tickets, and what sections they have their PSL for all to see, just how fair the lottery was.
    What do you think was unfair about the lottery? The Ravens clearly stated that suite holders get 1:1 rights for tickets, club seat holders get more weight in the lottery than the outside seat fans.

They never stated that every season ticket holder had the same chance to win the tickets. You may have implied that...but how is that their fault?

It is his fault because the fish rots from the head down. If he is such a great owner, why aren't the Ravens tranparent on this? How did the lottery work? How many tickets were issued? Why not post on the web the winners by section. Remember this is the man who in a Jameson Hensley interview when asked about why the Ravens increased the price (this was three years ago - I know they have not been raised in three years) was that the Ravens did "market" analysis by looking at craigs list, e-bay, stub-hub and saw what tickets are going for. Well Mr. Bisciotti the reason Ravens tickets go for more than face value is the face that Ravens ticket holders don't sell their tickets, making a shortage of tickets pushing up the cost. So when he said something like this is the past, why wouldn't I believe that this is what he is doing now....using the market to set the price.