Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 ... LastLast

Re: Cards release Nuk

I’d love to see us sign Hopkins. The day after we sign a quality edge and a good depth CB.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    OBJ and Hopkins aren't WR1 anymore. They each have lost ability. It's really Flowers and Bateman who are fighting for WR1. Everyone is injured except Flowers and Hopkins and Hopkins has a medical folder just as think as OBJ.
    Hopkins is still a number 1 but he is slowing down. OBJ sucked for two straight years looked like at best a number 2 before getting injured and forced to sit out an entire year.

Bateman and Flowers with all due respect haven't proven shit in the NFL. They aren't competing for the number one spot they are competing for some playing time at all.

Watch out for Cleveland here….
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Nobody likes Nelson... poor guy.
    I hope he gets in a game and lights it up.
    Doesn't drop one ball all season.
    & after he scores a TD - he does a cool dance.
    Go Nelson!

The radio asked the question: should the Ravens be thinking about making a move on Dhop to keep him away from KC and Buf ? I suppose there is a lingering belief Hopkins is still the best WR in the league or just like 1 off or something. But anyway and to my point, Kyle Hamilton was made in a lab to guard 2023 Hopkins. Nice try radio goons.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AQKingRaven View Post
    The radio asked the question: should the Ravens be thinking about making a move on Dhop to keep him away from KC and Buf ? I suppose there is a lingering belief Hopkins is still the best WR in the league or just like 1 off or something. But anyway and to my point, Kyle Hamilton was made in a lab to guard 2023 Hopkins. Nice try radio goons.
    The Texans replaced Hopkins with Brandin Cooks. Over those 3 years Cooks had more receptions and yards than Hopkins with significantly worse QBs. Hopkins did catch 2 more touchdown passes.

I just don't know how the FO could free up the Cap. They'd need to probably sign to a similiar contract to OBJ, so 15m, at least. Don't the Ravens only have 11m in Cap? They could probably free up 4-5 mill to sign Hopkins, but that would leave them with no Cap and completely maxed out. No way the Ravens are going to max out their Cap to sign him and then leave themselves with nothing to work an in-seaaon trade if need be. And we all know there will be a need.

I truly don't think we could field D Hop at this point. His asking price will be steep and we have a good (not great) group of WRs already. I'd rather have Peter's back so that we can limit teams throwing for 400 yards and 5 touchdowns on us. If we can get Floyd too then that's gravy.

Honestly I kind of chuckle that so many people think this might happen. There is a zero chance and not just because of the big contract Hopkins wants. There's only one ball. Andrews wants it. OBJ wants it. Bateman wants it. etc. etc...

And as much as Ex wants us to abandon the run, we will still run the ball plenty. Let's spend our limited cap on Peters if he'll play for a reasonable price and either bring back Houston or maybe see if we can get Floyd. Our roster will be excellent at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Cheese View Post
    Go Nelson!
    It’s funny, I completely forgot that Nelson Agholor was the guy Hamilton made fumble at the end of the Patriots game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan55 View Post
    Honestly I kind of chuckle that so many people think this might happen. There is a zero chance and not just because of the big contract Hopkins wants. There's only one ball. Andrews wants it. OBJ wants it. Bateman wants it. etc. etc...

And as much as Ex wants us to abandon the run, we will still run the ball plenty. Let's spend our limited cap on Peters if he'll play for a reasonable price and either bring back Houston or maybe see if we can get Floyd. Our roster will be excellent at that point.
    Bateman will be injured eventually.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Cheese View Post
    Go Nelson!
    I'm all for him having a successful season here