Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: Ray Lewis statue

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeels33 View Post
    I don't really get this cantankerousness. I'm not african american so it doesn't really affect me the same way but I recognize that and I try to listen to other people instead of clinging to my own views that are through a totally different lens. But if walking past largely Jim Crow era monuments to leaders for a cause and a war that, according to multiple articles of secession, was heavily driven by the preservation of slavery IS hard and painful for african americans (and if I were in their shoes I might feel the same) then why wouldn't you want that changed for your fellow man and American citizens? Does it really bother you that much?
    huge portion of the country... lets just say 30-35% lack empathy or education. Studies have shown its true.

Its the same group of people that are consistently on the wrong side of history. They lack the education and self awareness to realize they're wrong, and the lack the empathy to view the world through anything other than their viewpoint

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    So to paraphrase, You think most blacks are getting what they deserve? Answer me this, Dylan rooth or whatever his name is shot up a black church and was taken alive. Not only that, he was taken to Burger King AFTER the crime and also put in a bullet proof vest. So if somebody who shoots up a church isn't a threat and can be taken alive, why can't unarmed black man? At first, your post was cool, but eventually you just showed that you also don't get it.

Black criminal=if he dies ehh oh well.

White church murderer=we must take him out alive.

THATS THE WHOLE POINT!!!

Sounds like you have some explaining to do.
    Here's the a major problem. Guy disagrees with the premise and he thinks blacks are "getting what the deserve". And then the examples used are outliers.

Are there cases where black americans are treated unfairly by police? Absolutely

But using a single case (like Michael Brown's) as evidence and applying to every interaction a black American has with police disingenuous at best.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Here's the a major problem. Guy disagrees with the premise and he thinks blacks are "getting what the deserve". And then the examples used are outliers.

Are there cases where black americans are treated unfairly by police? Absolutely

But using a single case (like Michael Brown's) as evidence and applying to every interaction a black American has with police disingenuous at best.
    to say blacks arent disproportionately targeted by police officers would be disingenuous as well. Its not like the entire premise of Kaepernicks original protest isnt without merit.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    to say blacks arent disproportionately targeted by police officers would be disingenuous as well. Its not like the entire premise of Kaepernicks original protest isnt without merit.
    Except I didn't say that.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Except I didn't say that.
    So you agree that they are disproportionately targeted by police officers?

How so? Even when the protest has NOTHING to do with the flag you still make it about the flag instead of the actual issue. It's just a cover up for what white folks are truly upset about. What issue do you have with the protest? If it's the flag, you're proving my point and the point all of the protesters. You can call it garbage, but you can't call it lie.
    My problem with the protest is that it is not consistent.

1. Why aren't the players fighting against CTE?

2. Why aren't the players fighting against their HIPA rights being violated?

3. Why aren't the players taking on the league for its antitrust violations, something that Populist Trump actually did in the 1980s with the USFL?

After actually having time to analyze your post you've proven the point of the protestors while making yourself sound ignorant in the process.

1. There were blacks who fought and lost their lives as well. Like how does this get lost in these arguments??

2. If the union lost wouldn't we be 2 separate countries?? One nation under god right?? Yeah that wouldn't exist.

I'm glad these protestors are protesting. It shows how some of you really are behind closed doors.

That war wasn't about how people felt about black people, it was about uniting our country as one. So I'll correct you, those white AND BLACK men didn't die in vain. They were patriotic, unlike yourself.
    There were so few blacks that fought in the war. They did not control their destiny. Whites did.

We would have been better off letting the Confederacy go. They are an economic drain on the country. How much in welfare goes down there?

I am patriotic. Don't you fucking question my patriotism. If I ever met you, I'd punch you in the goddamn mouth for saying that to me.

I am also against abortion. I am not going to kneel despite the murdering.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post

3. Why aren't the players taking on the league for its antitrust violations, something that Populist Trump actually did in the 1980s with the USFL?
    You don't know that they aren't. Those are NFLPA issues.

Sorry they chose an issue that makes you uncomfortable. I'm sure it makes them uncomfortable too.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Williams View Post

Bit of a strawman to shift the conversation to what you think they should be protesting no? So you're trying to dictate to the protestors what they should be protesting and you're now saying they're not protesting enough? And what isn't consistent? I think these guys have uniformly laid out that they're protesting inequality and police brutality. This most recent spate was in response to the President's comments.

Quote Originally Posted by TarHeels33 View Post
    Bit of a strawman to shift the conversation to what you think they should be protesting no? So you're trying to dictate to the protestors what they should be protesting and you're now saying they're not protesting enough? And what isn't consistent? I think these guys have uniformly laid out that they're protesting inequality and police brutality. This most recent spate was in response to the President's comments.
    He's mad because he's racist. As is evident by that new thread he started.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    So you agree that they are disproportionately targeted by police officers?
    I agree it's possible. And I think there is anecdotal evidence for it. I don't think it's been proven.

One main problem I have is that all (or most) of the high profile examples used are wrong. Like the Rams coming out with their hands up? Yeah, that never happened.

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    He's mad because he's racist. As is evident by that new thread he started.
    It's crazy to me that people are offended by protesters intent that is totally the creation of people other than the protesters. If people took the time to read why these protests are happening and the background and the involvement of a Navy seal in the sit versus kneel choice they'd think differently. And try to put yourself in others shoes before being the angry shouting guy on a message board.