Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

Here’s a thought. Maybe contact Houston and see what it would take to get Brown. Now before you all poo-poo the idea : I know he’s 32. Ok. I know he wants a bigger contract. BUT....he’s an all pro Left Tackle. Rumor has it maybe a 3rd round pick gets him. So the thing would be , bring in Brown and move Stanley short term. So the line would be :: Brown, Hurst, Jensen, Howard, Stanley. Sounds better to me ...atleast on paper.

Blog Entries

Re: How about a trade to Houston for Duane Brown?

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Here’s a thought. Maybe contact Houston and see what it would take to get Brown. Now before you all poo-poo the idea : I know he’s 32. Ok. I know he wants a bigger contract. BUT....he’s an all pro Left Tackle. Rumor has it maybe a 3rd round pick gets him. So the thing would be , bring in Brown and move Stanley short term. So the line would be :: Brown, Hurst, Jensen, Howard, Stanley. Sounds better to me ...atleast on paper.
    Wouldn't we have to pay him too? Isn't that what's keeping him from the Texans? IMO if we were going to give BIG $$$ to bolster the Oline, we would've kept KO and/or Wagner. I don't see this happening... Bc

I see no reason on Earth to move Stanley from LT, so this a bad idea.

Money and age is a problem.

Blog Entries

Brown wants to be the highest paid OL in the NFL. We have to restructure to just find the money for injury replacements. How could we possibly pay someone with those demands? He's not even worth it which is why the Texans aren't caving.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Brown wants to be the highest paid OL in the NFL. We have to restructure to just find the money for injury replacements. How could we possibly pay someone with those demands? He's not even worth it which is why the Texans aren't caving.
    He's 32 and wants to be the highest paid LT that's crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The reality is that they have to solve these issues in house. No team is going to give up a player with value in exchange for a draft pick during the season. We see it very rarely and even then it is typically not a big move.

They have to solve it in house just like every other team.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    he’s an all pro Left Tackle. Rumor has it maybe a 3rd round pick gets him. So the thing would be , bring in Brown and move Stanley short term. So the line would be :: Brown, Hurst, Jensen, Howard, Stanley. Sounds better to me ...atleast on paper.
    How much OG has Howard played? He seems to have the OT physique and with time should cover RT adequately. I don't like moving Stanley from LT even for a Brown (who we can't afford). The problems on paper (as well as on the field) would still be Hurst and Jensen as NFL starters, even if we could afford Brown.

Again, take everything else aside... why on Earth would we do anything that moves Stanley off LT?

If you're trying to make the Oline better, you trade for a Guard or MAYBE a RT.

There is no short term or long term benefit to moving Stanley off LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    He's 32 and wants to be the highest paid LT that's crazy!

That's why they're not paying him. No one else will either and I'm sure he'd take less at this point. It's been going on this way all year. Brown told them wouldn't play and the Texans have been calling his bluff.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's why they're not paying him. No one else will either and I'm sure he'd take less at this point. It's been going on this way all year. Brown told them wouldn't play and the Texans have been calling his bluff.
    Wasent he going to make something like 8 million this year too?

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    Again, take everything else aside... why on Earth would we do anything that moves Stanley off LT?

If you're trying to make the Oline better, you trade for a Guard or MAYBE a RT.

There is no short term or long term benefit to moving Stanley off LT.
    But moving back and forth between LT and RT worked so well with Michael Oher.
    "Chin up, chest out."