Foreign Media and GOP Convention

If you think the media is biased in the states, y'all should catch what I'm watching every morning here in Berlin.

BBC does a man on the street reaction to Mitt's speech to get the reaction of the "average American". The location they choose? New York city.

Sky News spent the better part of this morning talking about Ryan's ears. His effing ears.

All the stations are just a non stop Obama blow job fest.

Blog Entries

Re: Foreign Media and GOP Convention

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    If you think the media is biased in the states, y'all should catch what I'm watching every morning here in Berlin.

BBC does a man on the street reaction to Mitt's speech to get the reaction of the "average American". The location they choose? New York city.

Sky News spent the better part of this morning talking about Ryan's ears. His effing ears.

So you're saying there almost as bad as MSLSD.

I'm not sure if you've heard or seen how bad they are, but is so over the top I don't even know if I could explain.

They accused Condi of venturing into birtherism with her speech. CONDI RICE!!!!
    Have said saying "Chicago" is racist.
    Joking Obama has played so much golf he should try out for the PGA is also racist, because we are "trying to relate him to Tiger Woods a black skirt chaser" (paraphrasing)
    They have cut to commentary on EVERY speech by a Minority, even Gov Martinez who was on during the 10:00pm when all the major networks started covering.

I'm not kidding HR, I have no idea how they have anybody even people like our old buddy Galen who still watch that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

What I've caught of the coverage on the news has been pretty unbiased to me. I don't watch Sky news because it is tabloid junk journalism that is probably the UK's answer to Fox news; it is complete tripe trotted out for readers of the Daily Mail. As for the Beeb, they've been pretty decent from what I've seen, and I'm not sure why getting a reaction from someone in NY is particularly bad, as it's an iconic American city known to people outside the states, and I'm guessing they don't have journalists in every American city since they've undergone cutbacks the last few years.

There was a bit on the beeb earlier about the DNC convention the crux of which was that Michelle Obama is more popular than her husband and that it's a neck and neck race between Barack and Mitt. Really we're getting some updates on the race, that don't really go into great detail.

If you don't see the bias in doing a man on the street style interview, passing it off as the everyday American when the city is 9-1 Democrat then using those same clips as some sort of consensus in favor of Obama nationwide then you never will.

At a minimum, it's irresponsible journalism.

And for the sake of brevity, I didn't mention 99% of what I watched while across the pond. It's far more obvious than it's American counterpart, even SKY News, which you claim is some sort of tabloid.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who claims to be HoustonRaven View Post
    If you don't see the bias in doing a man on the street style interview, passing it off as the everyday American when the city is 9-1 Democrat then using those same clips as some sort of consensus in favor of Obama nationwide then you never will.
    So you're saying the view of a guy in New York, you claim you saw on BBC News, is less valid, and he is less of an everyday American, than a guy anywhere else in what you claim is the 'United States' because there's a greater chance he may be what you claim is a Democrat? More to the point, since when is, what you claim is man on the street stuff 'consensus in favour'? It's a guy on the street, or so you claim. But then you may be right in your claims, the news you claim to have seen may have presented the 'guy in street' you claim you saw this way: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqcyz3UDvGw

And for the sake of brevity, I didn't mention 99% of what I watched while across the pond. It's far more obvious than it's American counterpart, even SKY News, which you claim is some sort of tabloid.
    I've never seen any News network here run anything remotely as biased as this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn3et...eature=related, but then I may never seen the 99% stuff you claim to have seen which you claim you've omitted for sake of what you claim is brevity. Claim.
    Last edited by Lee Van Cleef; 09-06-2012 at 05:05 AM.

What are you debating, LVC? If I am following your logic, the BBC is not biased because Fox News is biased?

FNC is very biased. As is MSNBC. Folks in journalism call it idea-specific journalism. Meaning they purposely focus on one side of the political spectrum.

Bias in the MSM, here or across the pond, is far more accidental. First of all, there is bias in everything a human being does. It's natural. Journalists do not sit around the water cooler at the BBC and say "lets see how we can be unfair to the right today". It happens because, like all human beings, they bring their life and experiences to the job. The overwhelming majority of journalists lean left, thus it comes out in their reporting.

But don't believe me / the notion. That's fine. I tend to take the word of someone who worked at the BBC for 20 years to confirm what I saw on my trip.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...r-Sissons.html
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 09-06-2012 at 04:27 PM.