Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast

Re: How we should attack the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by PatsFan in MD View Post
    They played a lot of sh!tty teams to pad their stats and rankings. And I"m specifically talking about our run defense. Denver's front 7 can rush the passer better than us, but I'll take our run D over what they have. Our front 7 is built to stop the run with our big LBs.
    They can only play who's on their schedule. Besides, the Patriots play in the AFC East...which is the second worst division in the NFL.

Blog Entries

They played a lot of sh!tty teams to pad their stats and rankings. And I"m specifically talking about our run defense. Denver's front 7 can rush the passer better than us, but I'll take our run D over what they have. Our front 7 is built to stop the run with our big LBs.
    Pot, meet kettle ;)

Ten
    AZ
    Bal
    Buff
    Den
    Sea
    NYJ
    Stl
    Buff
    Indy
    NYJ
    Mia
    Hou
    SF
    Jax
    Mia

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Pot, meet kettle ;)

Ten
    AZ Pats lost
    Bal
    Buff
    Den
    Sea
    NYJ
    Stl
    Buff
    Indy I'd argue they weren't really that good, they feasted on teams weaker than they were
    NYJ
    Mia
    Hou Were deep into their decline at this point
    SF
    Jax
    Mia
    You're right

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Pot, meet kettle ;)

Ten
    AZ
    Bal
    Buff
    Den
    Sea
    NYJ
    Stl
    Buff
    Indy
    NYJ
    Mia
    Hou
    SF
    Jax
    Mia
    Broncos opponents total win is 126. Pats opponents total win is 117.

126=117?

Blog Entries

126=117?
    Are you asking me if that's what their opponents total wins are?

126=117?
    If you're saying that the Broncos were a fraud because they padded their stats beating weak teams, what does that make the Patriots? If your numbers are correct their opponents were even weaker than Denver's, judging by record...

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    If you're saying that the Broncos were a fraud because they padded their stats beating weak teams, what does that make the Patriots? If your numbers are correct their opponents were even weaker than Denver's, judging by record...
    That's what I was wondering too.....I thought he was saying the Broncos schedule was just about as easy as the Pats?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    That's what I was wondering too.....I thought he was saying the Broncos schedule was just about as easy as the Pats?
    Yeah, I'm not sure what he's trying to say, I'm waiting for a response to my question above...

Maybe the NFL should switch the Browns and the Patriots divisional seats and let the Patriots come over to the AFCN and give the Browns some easier opponents to face.

iggyman555 Guest

WITH ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    LOL. I got it mixed up when I posted. Denver's is the lower number. The point is, Denver's stats got padded when their last 9 or so games were against weak opponents. They played their tough opponents early on and their performance then was closer to how they performed on Sunday than how they blew out all those weak teams towards the end of the season. They beat you guys pretty bad, but your team was pretty injured, plus the game was closer than what it really was. The INT to end the half was a killer.

Blog Entries

LOL. I got it mixed up when I posted. Denver's is the lower number. The point is, Denver's stats got padded when their last 9 or so games were against weak opponents.
    The Pats didn't face much stiff competition late either. A Texans team that fell apart. The Jets. The Jags. The Dolphins (twice). 3 really bad teams. The Colts. A home loss to a good team (49ers). The worst team in the bunch going 2-14, and another 6-10 team. No "elite" QBs or WRs (outside of maybe Andre Johnson). You guys played Tannehill, Sanchez and Henne 4 times at the back end of the season.

The back end of the Ravens schedule had two Steelers games (always tough, even without Ben) with a west coast trip to SD sandwiched in the middle, then Redskins, Broncos, Giants, Bengals (meaningless though). The worst team in that bunch going 7-9. Plenty of talented QBs and WRs (2 Mannings, RGIII, Cruz, Thomas, Decker).
    Last edited by bt12483; 01-18-2013 at 04:16 PM.