Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Final NFL QB Rankings by PFF Player Grades, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    More playmakers will help but they'll also have a tough time catching balls behind them, over their heads or down at their shoes which is where far, far too many of Flacco's passes go. When your "elite QB" looks shockingly like Blake Bortles (or worse) for large swaths of the season, it may be time to admit that he can't take us where we need to go. Time to be looking for the right guy to energize this team.
    Where did he take u in 2012?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by veritas View Post
    More playmakers will help but they'll also have a tough time catching balls behind them, over their heads or down at their shoes which is where far, far too many of Flacco's passes go. When your "elite QB" looks shockingly like Blake Bortles (or worse) for large swaths of the season, it may be time to admit that he can't take us where we need to go. Time to be looking for the right guy to energize this team.
    Or worse? We'd still be playing if Flacco was replaced with Bortles.

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Where did he take u in 2012?

I hear you Goode, but he hasn’t looked anywhere near the same QB for long stretches of time.

Now part of this is he doesn’t have the playmakers, we get it.

Part of it may be injuries.

Part of it may also just be plain old regression. Joe has looked flat out plain AWFUL in terms of accuracy for long stretches of games, missing WIDE OPEN receivers. He got better as the season progressed so let’s see if it carries into next year.

The bottom line is he’s inconsistent. Even his biggest fans admit there’s a “January Joe” phenomenon where he elevates his game, but that’s fucking useless if you can’t make it to January.

That being said, I’d rather stick with Joe (dance with the girl you know). I’m all for drafting a young gun backup, but Joe put us in a position to win more often than not, and that’s enough... for now.

I would have given our 1st for Jimmy G. Dont think Belichick would have let that happen though....

Basically what this says to me is our passing game needs an overhaul. OC, WR, and QB all need to be replaced.

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Or worse? We'd still be playing if Flacco was replaced with Bortles.
    Lol! C’mon man. Do you seriously believe that? With this scheme, and group of pass catchers? If not for the Jags defense Bortles would not have even sniffed the playoffs this year.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Lol! C’mon man. Do you seriously believe that? With this scheme, and group of pass catchers? If not for the Jags defense Bortles would not have even sniffed the playoffs this year.
    Bortles isn't very good and he still played better than Flacco did this year. I'm not saying we would have made the playoffs with him but I don't think you can say we would have been worse off either.

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    Bortles isn't very good and he still played better than Flacco did this year. I'm not saying we would have made the playoffs with him but I don't think you can say we would have been worse off either.
    And I didn’t say that. Yes, Joe had a bad year, for various reasons. Scheme, injuries to key players, shitty receivers, and a bad back which none of the “get rid of Flacco” crowd gives much credence to. He missed most of training camp and only took a few snaps in preseason, but none of that matters either to some.

Joe is NOT the reason we are not in the playoffs folks. As bad a year as he had, he turned it up in the 2nd half of the season and put us in a position to go to the playoffs. Dr. Dean ended for us again this year, not Joe.

And I didn’t say that. Yes, Joe had a bad year, for various reasons. Scheme, injuries to key players, shitty receivers, and a bad back which none of the “get rid of Flacco” crowd gives much credence to. He missed most of training camp and only took a few snaps in preseason, but none of that matters either to some.

Joe is NOT the reason we are not in the playoffs folks. As bad a year as he had, he turned it up in the 2nd half of the season and put us in a position to go to the playoffs. Dr. Dean ended for us again this year, not Joe.
    I think Joe is part of the reason. He missed two probable touchdowns to Wallace in the first half of that Bengals game. Of course, we also had a ton of drops. That's why I say part of the reason and not THE reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not trolling...how accurate is the statement: "The only reason the Ravens aren't in last place in the division for the next couple years is because Belichick didn't trade Jimmy G to the Browns"?
    The Bengals are guilty of the exact same things we routinely criticize the Ravens organization for, but to an even worse extent...and the Browns are still owned by Jimmy Haslam no matter who their QB is, so...trolling it is.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    The Bengals are guilty of the exact same things we routinely criticize the Ravens organization for, but to an even worse extent...and the Browns are still owned by Jimmy Haslam no matter who their QB is, so...trolling it is.
    Yeah, I feel bad for Bengals fans. Mike Brown will never win a Super Bowl. And the Browns...

Blog Entries

Considering the defense was the only reason we didn’t finish with 5 wins or less, I take issue with that last paragraph. Joe and the offense are almost squarely the reason we didn’t make the playoffs. The defense was ultimately unable to overcome a poor offense, which is a team failure and indictment on how the team is built.

Quote Originally Posted by JonAB View Post
    Considering the defense was the only reason we didn’t finish with 5 wins or less, I take issue with that last paragraph. Joe and the offense are almost squarely the reason we didn’t make the playoffs. The defense was ultimately unable to overcome a poor offense, which is a team failure and indictment on how the team is built.
    Yes it was a TEAM failure, but again Joe played well enough in the 2nd half of the season to put us in position for a playoff berth. In spite of the 2nd rate receivers we had. The defense was supposed to be great this year, and they showed moments of that, but once again, when the season was on the line, they let us down. On that final drive for Cincy I would have felt better if we were losing at that point, but we had the ball. I have felt that way since 2014, and for good reason.