Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Is Trace McSorley a legit backup qb?

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I'd be fine with the PS if he wouldn't provide a Taysom Hill-like benefit. Hate to see another team snatch him, though.
    Yeah I agree, I'd definitely try to get him on PS and see where he is next year. I love the skillset and I think he's got NFL backup quality tools, but I'd take the risk and try to get him on the squad. I don't think another team would take him, but hey you never know.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Blog Entries

Yet, the team felt that he would be a good fit for the offense they are about to run with their starting QB..............

As a rookie he is reasonable - not great, but an athlete and a competitor. And NOT 1st team worthy.

How soon you guys forget about Josh woodrum. Everybody said the same about him after a couple preseason games

I think we tend to value our players more than other teams. I think he will get cut and put on practice squad. It's a reason he was drafted in the 7th round

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle18 View Post
    I think we tend to value our players more than other teams. I think he will get cut and put on practice squad. It's a reason he was drafted in the 7th round

Then maybe you can explain why the Ravens drafted him in the 6th round (not the 7th) and why the Ravens paid him a $160,000 signing bonus. When's the last time the Ravens tried to stash a 6th round draft pick on the practice squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    Then maybe you can explain why the Ravens drafted him in the 6th round (not the 7th) and why the Ravens paid him a $160,000 signing bonus. When's the last time the Ravens tried to stash a 6th round draft pick on the practice squad.
    Unless he can play special teams which I have not seen him done yet. He will be on the practice squad

Right now he’s OUR only option. RG3 is still hurt. Can’t just grab some dude off the street and run the Veer/ Triple Option Offense. There’s not a lot of guys out there that can run this “new , ground breaking “ offense we have been graced with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Right now he’s OUR only option. RG3 is still hurt. Can’t just grab some dude off the street and run the Veer/ Triple Option Offense. There’s not a lot of guys out there that can run this “new , ground breaking “ offense we have been graced with.

That's why another team want pick him up because they are not running this offense maybe Arizona

That's why another team want pick him up because they are not running this offense maybe Arizona

‘Zona is running that Air RAID style offense. McSorley can’t make those throws. He’s prob safe on the PS but he’ll be roster worthy if RG3 is t healthy week one.

If you browse just about any teams fan forums right now, you will have fans scared of putting guys on the practice squad out of fear Bill Bellichick will poach them and turn them into slot receivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purplenemesis View Post
    If you browse just about any teams fan forums right now, you will have fans scared of putting guys on the practice squad out of fear Bill Bellichick will poach them and turn them into slot receivers.
    Gonna be honest I really thought that would happen w Keenan Reynolds. There’s more that goes into making that switch than athleticism though.