Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Re: Fans Boo MLS Players Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    From one of the players:
    “I think it was disgusting. I think it was absolutely disgusting. You got fans booing you for people taking a stand for what they believe in when millions of other people support this cause. And we’ve discussed with every other team, and the league, what we’re gonna do. And we got fans booing us in our own stadium. How disgraceful is that?” Cannon said. “Honestly, it, for lack of a better word, pissed me off. We discussed that prior to what we were doing. We discussed it with Nashville. Everyone from Nashville was on board. Everyone across the league was on board [with what we were gonna] do.”

So he sees his form of peaceful protest as okay, but not the fans peaceful protest of him?

Irony much?
    The media has brainwashed people into thinking their leftist beliefs are centrist, normal and nearly universal.
    People complained about our politics forum being a righty echo chamber, well everyday life is attempting to become a lefty echo chamber...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fans Boo MLS Players Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    From one of the players:
    “I think it was disgusting. I think it was absolutely disgusting. You got fans booing you for people taking a stand for what they believe in when millions of other people support this cause. And we’ve discussed with every other team, and the league, what we’re gonna do. And we got fans booing us in our own stadium. How disgraceful is that?” Cannon said. “Honestly, it, for lack of a better word, pissed me off. We discussed that prior to what we were doing. We discussed it with Nashville. Everyone from Nashville was on board. Everyone across the league was on board [with what we were gonna] do.”

So he sees his form of peaceful protest as okay, but not the fans peaceful protest of him?

Irony much?
    Double post due to crappy cell service...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    The Media is brainwashing people into thinking their beliefs are majority/mainstream/normal.
    It was complained that our politics forum was a righty echo chamber, well real life is becoming a watt echo chamber. The last election proved that the lefty beliefs are not nearly as universal as they thought, perhaps this election will do so once again:

Differing opinions not welcome and must be silenced!

They shouldn't go to any more matches.Burn 'em where it hurts-their pocketbooks.I mean, if fans return to Orioles or Ravens games, and they kneel during the Anthem, they can forget me.The NFL got burned the last time they pulled this stunt, the fans can do it again.

Blog Entries

The most hilarious thing I read about players kneeling to protest was in another thread, when someone said that the players doing it decided to make the sport political. As if the NFL didn't take money to go on a month-long military recruitment drive every year for years on end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    The most hilarious thing I read about players kneeling to protest was in another thread, when someone said that the players doing it decided to make the sport political. As if the NFL didn't take money to go on a month-long military recruitment drive every year for years on end.
    So if they made money, wouldn’t that make it a business decision???

7. Re: Fans Boo MLS Players Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I guess the fans are in favor of police killing blacks.
    I guess you are in favor of blacks killing blacks. Oh, that's right, no one's supposed to mention that. Ooops.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    The forgotten paid patriotism.

Quote Originally Posted by mmi16 View Post
    I guess the fans are in favor of police killing blacks.
    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I guess you are in favor of blacks killing blacks. Oh, that's right, no one's supposed to mention that. Ooops.
    Are you guys trying to get the thread punted to the political forum? This is the kind of childish stuff that seems to do it.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

10. Re: Fans Boo MLS Players Last Night

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Are you guys trying to get the thread punted to the political forum? This is the kind of childish stuff that seems to do it.

First off, I really don't care what you think. If and when a forum rule is broken, I would guess that an actual mod would chime in to say so. Secondly, it was an attempt at sarcasm to a totally ridiculous post. Oh and thirdly, genius, we are in the political forum. SMH and a big ol' LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post

This should've been in the political forum from the very beginning.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    The need to confuscate and strawman by some is unreal. It feels as if there are no genuine intellectual arguments anymore and that is depressing.