Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cyrus Jones

Cyrus Jones

Needs to be cut. I know we lost Tavon but Cyrus is NOT the answer at slot corner. He was getting torched ALL NIGHT and the QBs were just missing. Let Ervin or Moore be your kick returner and put Carr at slot.

Re: Cyrus Jones

Thankfully we don't have to make this decision for another couple of weeks, but I think Jones clearly has some juice in the return game that might make him stick. We'll see.
    "That's not Donovan McNabb."

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Thankfully we don't have to make this decision for another couple of weeks, but I think Jones clearly has some juice in the return game that might make him stick. We'll see.
    I’d be ok with him being the return man only but I don’t want to see him on defense at all. He just doesn’t fit our scheme and when wink wants to send a man blitz he’s a liability.

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I’d be ok with him being the return man only but I don’t want to see him on defense at all. He just doesn’t fit our scheme and when wink wants to send a man blitz he’s a liability.
    He has been bad on defense for sure. We need to figure out who is going to be that extra DB in nickel, because Jones looked bad IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    He has been bad on defense for sure. We need to figure out who is going to be that extra DB in nickel, because Jones looked bad IMO.
    That Tavon injury is tough. I guess we can officially label him as injury prone. Smh.

The shitty thing about losing him in 2017, and the shitty thing about losing him now, is that Marlon, Jimmy, and Carr are all pure boundary corners by skillset and by trade. It’s gonna be tough to bump any of them inside. But we’ll make it work, and I agree the spot should be Ervin’s if cuts were today.

Someone brought up Bennett Jackson as a potential answer for SCB and I was interested in the idea, given that he was drafted as a CB and has had a couple pretty good preseason games here, but I really want to hear that rationale from that poster. Maybe they know something I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    The shitty thing about losing him in 2017, and the shitty thing about losing him now, is that Marlon, Jimmy, and Carr are all pure boundary corners by skillset and by trade. It’s gonna be tough to bump any of them inside. But we’ll make it work, and I agree the spot should be Ervin’s if cuts were today.
    Facts, Carr is decent inside but idk. I’m not panicking yet, but teams are going to pick on whoever we put there.

I'm pretty sure both Onwuasor and Board (pending recovery) are converted safeties. I think their coverage skillset might help make up for Young's absence.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I think Humphrey can go inside, but we'd be under-utilizing his talent.

11. Re: Cyrus Jones

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    That Tavon injury is tough. I guess we can officially label him as injury prone. Smh.
    Over a ACL and freak neck injury?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Putting Humphrey inside would be a Terrible idea