Page 120 of 123 FirstFirst ... 118119120121122 ... LastLast
Results 1,429 to 1,440 of 1468
    Blog Entries

Re: Week 2 Game Thread

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    They gassed because they couldn't get off the field.

Wait, that's joe's fault too right? It is, yes, yes it is....

Do you read? I said the defense was fucking terrible. Unlike most of you, I am not picking a side. I am calling a spade a spade this TEAM played like shit today. All of them except the fucking kicker.

Joe Flacco was horrible, any way you slice it. He played like shit.

The defense was absolutely terrible ALL GAME.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Excuses. excuses. excuses. That was kind of the point. Flacco folded under pressure and even on plays when he wasn't under pressure he wasn't making good throws. You don't have to be Big Ben to find a solution for the pressure.
    I'm chalking this up to overreaction from a tough game. This game was still 23-17 before Vick's last possession. At no point in this game were we playing from behind. The Eagles defense locked up the offense and no one could get anywhere. This doesn't all fall on Flacco's shoulders.

And let us not forget the refs taking 4 points from us, which would have made Vick's last possession a moot point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorecareful View Post
    No. The narrative would be that Joe played poorly, but recovered to pull the game out in the end. And that would be the truth. He did play poorly, but stepped up when he was needed.

Joe isn't going to avoid bad plays every single game. He's going to make mistakes and hurt the team. The problem with people's perception of Joe is that when he has a cold streak and throws a bunch of bad passes, those mistakes are seen as more significant than all the other mistakes in the game, so much so that they absolve the other players' failures.

If Michael Oher lets Trent Cole run right by him into the backfield, pressuring Joe before he gets to the top of his drop and the play finishes developing, that's a mistake, right? And if Joe throws a bad pass as a result of that pressure, then they both made mistakes, right?

That's all I'm saying. It's too much for some to hear.
    Absolutely.

I wasn't execting a perfect game. Maybe the haters like Corey are.

But he did throw a TD late in the game to absolve for the poor play.

The defense played like shit ALL game. At least Flacco had bright spots.
    Excuses. excuses. excuses. That was kind of the point. Flacco folded under pressure and even on plays when he wasn't under pressure he wasn't making good throws. You don't have to be Big Ben to find a solution for the pressure.
    Bahahahahah!

Just what I expected. Thank you for that.

--------------
    Mod Edit: WOAH We're not getting personal here fellas. Everyone back down.
    Last edited by StingerNLG; 09-16-2012 at 05:14 PM. Reason: No personal attacks.

This was easily one of the sadder games I've watched.

Other than Tucker and Rice, this game was just shit.

Blog Entries

Were we watching the same first half? The Ravens were not nearly as up tempo as they were last week, not even in the first half.
    Snapping the ball with about 15-20 seconds on the play clock vs huddling and then snapping the ball with the play clock at about 8 seconds is certainly a large variance in tempo, wouldn't you say? Secondly, by not huddling and lining up immediately it forced the Eagles to leave their guys out there and not substitute players nearly as much...ergo, their D got tired a lot quicker.

So, no, I think you were watching the game that supports the "Corey/Leachisabeast/I hate Flacco" argument where everything (regardless of whether or not the defense was on the field) is either entirely Flacco's fault, Harbaugh's fault, or some combination of that.

I get it. You guys say the same thing every week.

Trying to define a win or a loss in absolutes is almost always going to miss things. For example, you claim Flacco missed a wide open Pitta in the end zone, but you fail to even recognize that Derek Landri (Eagles DT) was a free runner right at Flacco and forced Flacco to throw off of his back foot. Almost any QB who can't step into a throw is going to lose a significant amount of accuracy and power.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The single biggest thing that lost this game for the Ravens - the coaching. Yes Flacco played terrible and the scabs were terrible but the single greatest reason is coaching and play calling on both offense and defense. When your RB has 9 carries for 95 yds and your defense was on the field the entire first half what do you do? Well the Ravens throw 8 straight passes and 12 passes of the first 15 plays of the 3rd quarter. If your averaging 9 yds a carry what do you do on 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2? Well the Ravens pass the ball. Four times in this game they had 3rd and 1 or 3rd and 2 and passed. Inexcusable! When you have 3 quality corners who can defend man on man what do you do? The Ravens play a loose zone with dead areas all over the place. Sorry everyone, as bad as Joe looked today if the coaches had any idea of game situation the Ravens win this game by 10+ points.

Getting reports that Flacco may have gotten injured in the 1st play of the second half. Nothing confirmed, but if it's true that might have something to do with it.

What was personal about my last post (just asking really)?

All I said that the haters were now trying to say with their ridiculous stance of "pressure on passes do not affect the throw" was ludicrous - and to stand by that logic, would lead me to question an individual's mental prowess.

That was all.

Quote Originally Posted by admartian View Post
    What was personal about my last post (just asking really)?

All I said that the haters were now trying to say with their ridiculous stance of "pressure on passes do not affect the throw" was ludicrous - and to stand by that logic, would lead me to question an individual's mental prowess.

That was all.
    It is what came afterwards that is not accepted here. Any further questions please PM.

Just an FYI, if the Jones "OPI" is correctly called a TD, Joe's final stat line is 23-42 257yds 2TD 1INT for a 79.1 rating.

Here's another of Joe's stat lines from a game you might remember: 24-37 256yds 1TD 1INT for an 82.7 rating.

Remember that game? Pittsburgh 2010. Joe had some bad throws in that game, but he played well enough to bring us back in the end.

I'm not saying Joe played as well--he did not, nowhere near--but it's just an example of the way the ball bounces sometimes, especially when your teammates give you no help.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    It is what came afterwards that is not accepted here. Any further questions please PM.
    Fair enough.

Just an FYI, if the Jones "OPI" is correctly called a TD, Joe's final stat line is 23-42 257yds 2TD 1INT for a 79.1 rating.

Here's another of Joe's stat lines from a game you might remember: 24-37 256yds 1TD 1INT for an 82.7 rating.

Remember that game? Pittsburgh 2010. Joe had some bad throws in that game, but he played well enough to bring us back in the end.

I'm not saying Joe played as well--he did not, nowhere near--but it's just an example of the way the ball bounces sometimes, especially when your teammates give you no help.
    Absolutely mate.

No one here is saying he "had a good game". I think we are all watching and seeing the same things (mostly).

But what perturbs me are certain "fans" that just want to blame someone because they have a predisposed stance and are too proud to call it otherwise.

No one but Rice and Tucker or Pitta had a good game.

But in my eyes, Flacco did enough to win that game; he didn't get any help from Cam or the refs (or more importantly - his defense - or lack thereof) unfortunately.

No. The narrative would be that Joe played poorly, but recovered to pull the game out in the end. And that would be the truth. He did play poorly, but stepped up when he was needed.

Joe isn't going to avoid bad plays every single game. He's going to make mistakes and hurt the team. The problem with people's perception of Joe is that when he has a cold streak and throws a bunch of bad passes, those mistakes are seen as more significant than all the other mistakes in the game, so much so that they absolve the other players' failures.

If Michael Oher lets Trent Cole run right by him into the backfield, pressuring Joe before he gets to the top of his drop and the play finishes developing, that's a mistake, right? And if Joe throws a bad pass as a result of that pressure, then they both made mistakes, right?

That's all I'm saying. It's too much for some to hear.
    No he didn't.

Despite all the shit that happened in that game, he had a chance to win it when needed.

He was awful on that final drive.