Page 1 of 241 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Free Agent Tracker -- Post FA News and Notes Here (merged)

Here we can keep track of FA's cut & signed as well as rumors, speculation, and general tactless humor.

Colts have cut the following:
    LB Zac Diles
    OG Jamie Thomas
    OT James Williams

Pittsburgh has cut the following:
    CB Bryant McFadden
    WR Arnaz Battle
    TE Miguel Chavis
    LB Eric Clanton

Redskins are rumored to issue the franchise tag to TE Fred Davis and potentially releasing Chris Cooley.

Chargers are rumored to be cutting OT Marcus McNeill, LB Takeo Spikes, and DT Luis Castillo.

WR Brandon Lloyd likes the Saints, but apparently wants to continue playing for Josh McDaniels. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see the guy in a Pats uniform next season.

TE Jermichael Finley and the Packers are having a tough time coming to terms on a new deal. Finley is arguing that he should be paid like a receiver because of the number of snaps he takes from the slot and wide out. Green Bay may have to use the franchise tag on him.

Dolphins WR has been lobbying for QB Matt Flynn to be brought on board via free agency. Flynn hasn't proven much, but he knows Philbin's offense and he could cash in like Schaub and Kolb before him.

Could Kyle Orton end up back in Chicago?

Supposedly the Vikings are very interested in Stevie Johnson.

With the emergence of Doug Baldwin, the Seahawks may try to consider getting out from under Sidney Rice's contract this off-season. It would help them re-sign some key players like LB David Hawthorne, DT Red Bryant, and RB Marshawn Lynch.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Americanmade2012 Guest

Re: Free Agent Tracker

I wouldnt mind signing manningham if the price is right I dont think he is going back to NY to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by Americanmade2012 View Post
    I wouldnt mind signing manningham if the price is right I dont think he is going back to NY to be honest
    Manningham makes some plays, but I have a co-worker who is a huge Giants fan and he absolutely HATES Manningham...says he is constantly running incorrect routes and leaving Manning out to dry.

The funny thing is Rice was a hot commodity a year ago. I will admit to being on his bandwagon for coming to Charm City. It may be reasonable now considering he will get a completely ungaurenteed contract due to all of his injuries. If healthy it could be a steal. McNeill would be an awesome pickup.

5. Re: Free Agent Tracker

We need a big WR with good hands. Not saying Manningham isn't good, but I think we look towards the draft. Who is out there for OL in FA? Also any decent ILB's?

And so the Steeler purge begins
    Steelers released CB Bryant McFadden and WR Arnaz Battle.

Combined, the moves give the cap-strapped Steelers $3,537,500 more to work with in terms of base salary. McFadden, 30, plummeted down the depth chart in 2011, falling behind Ike Taylor, William Gay, and Keenan Lewis. He could resurface as a nickel or dime back elsewhere, but has been picked on frequently in recent seasons. The 32-year-old Battle was only a special teams player.
    It'll be a long month in Pittsburgh for Kevin Colbert and the FO for sure

Just me playing Madden in my head but I see McFadden in Buffalo. No backup for this, just seems a good solution for player and team

Americanmade2012 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Manningham makes some plays, but I have a co-worker who is a huge Giants fan and he absolutely HATES Manningham...says he is constantly running incorrect routes and leaving Manning out to dry.
    maybe he is but imo he catches the crucial ball and steps up in big games when he needs too. which is a plus but like every player there are negatives.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscull View Post
    The funny thing is Rice was a hot commodity a year ago. I will admit to being on his bandwagon for coming to Charm City. It may be reasonable now considering he will get a completely ungaurenteed contract due to all of his injuries. If healthy it could be a steal. McNeill would be an awesome pickup.
    Which Rice are you talking about? Because if you're talking about Ray Rice, what injuries has he had? Has even missed any pro games?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    We need a big WR with good hands. Not saying Manningham isn't good, but I think we look towards the draft. Who is out there for OL in FA? Also any decent ILB's?
    D'Qwell Jackson, Browns MLB, I can only dream about getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Which Rice are you talking about?
    Sidney.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369117,-76.761199
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Sidney.
    Oooooohh. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    D'Qwell Jackson, Browns MLB, I can only dream about getting him.
    Yeah, its gonna stay a dream too... As far as wide receivers, we'll be looking for a #3 guy, probably one with some height on him. I'm thinkin they'll draft a guy. They want Joe to have HIS wide receivers, that he'll gel with.