Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: This is What Happens When an Active Shooter Call Is Not a Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    What is the actual problem?
    How/why has the rest of the developed world solved the actual problem, yet the greatest country in the world hasn't/can't?
    People are the problem. I don't think the rest of the world has solved the problem at all. They may not have mass shootings, but they have a violence problem just like we do.

Blog Entries

How/why has the rest of the developed world solved the actual problem, yet the greatest country in the world hasn't/can't?
    They did?
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

3. Re: This is What Happens When an Active Shooter Call Is Not a Hoax

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    People are the problem. I don't think the rest of the world has solved the problem at all. They may not have mass shootings, but they have a violence problem just like we do.
    They don't have mass shootings because firearms aren't readily available, but to prevent their widespread availability generally requires living in a police state (Brazil, for instance).

So, it's a trade-off.

There are places like the UK where the culture is anti-gun, so there's no need for any heavy handed government, though with the recent rise in gang violence, they're now starting to see a steady rise in gun violence--though even more so knife and acid attacks.
    Actually, Europe is starting to see a rise in illegal gun sales that are being made over the Dark Web. It hasn't grown to where it's all that noticeable yet, but it's moving in that direction. (♪ The times, they are a-changin' ♪)

America has always had guns, so they've been a part of our culture from even before this was an independent nation. Needed them in the colonial days to hunt animals for food and profit and defend ourselves against hostile natives. Or even hostile neighboring colonies belonging to other nations (♪ Even old New York, was once New Amsterdam ♪) And without their own guns for the minutemen to fight the British with, the American Revolution never happens.

Like I said, it's always been a trade-off.
    There is no ideal solution here.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They did?
    Sorry. What I mean is that no other developed nation has the recursive "(often) mentally ill, native-born, male, non-terrorist (so we're told...smh), mass murderer" problem like we do.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

The rest of the world has solved the problem? Mass murders are going to commit mass murder regardless of what laws are imposed. He was obviously methodical in his approach and committed to kill. So if the world has solved the problem what exactly happened in France when gunmen killed and killed and killed (France is one of the most gun controlled countries in the world). What exactly is going on in Chicago (another gun controlled area) How about a diesel truck plowing through crowds?
    The problem is the lunatic people.

And I agree making multiple trips may not stand out especially to the untrained eye, but these places have immense security procedures. He could have very well loaded one big ass bag full of guns and ammo, but with the amount of weight and required size to move such takes work. If I was a trained Security observer and seen the same guy (known VIP) moving multiple bags I would be a little suspect. Again I'm not saying it was blatantly obvious, but we shall see as the reports come in.

23 Guns!! and thousand of rounds
    Last edited by Sua Sponte; 10-03-2017 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sua Sponte View Post
    The rest of the world has solved the problem? Mass murders are going to commit mass murder regardless of what laws are imposed. He was obviously methodical in his approach and committed to kill. So if the world has solved the problem what exactly happened in France when gunmen killed and killed and killed (France is one of the most gun controlled countries in the world). What exactly is going on in Chicago (another gun controlled area) How about a diesel truck plowing through crowds?
    The problem is the lunatic people.

And I agree making multiple trips may not stand out especially to the untrained eye, but these places have immense security procedures. He could have very well loaded one big ass bag full of guns and ammo, but with the amount of weight and required size to move such takes work. If I was a trained Security observer and seen the same guy (known VIP) moving multiple bags I would be a little suspect. Again I'm not saying it was blatantly obvious, but we shall see as the reports come in.

23 Guns!! and thousand of rounds
    Using the context of our laws...France, Belgium, Germany, Britain et al. have a terrorism problem. They don't have a mass murderer problem.
    For whatever reason (I think it may deal with the people who may be "investigatively" stumbled upon), the law in the U.S. says that there are differences.

So if you flip it around, while the U.S. has terrorist problem (as infrequent as it is), lordy geezus do we have a mass murderer problem.
    That's the context in which I'm asking.

Chicago is unrelated (although mental illness takes on multiple forms), and no one really gives a isht about Chicago anyway.
    I would bring Chicago into the conversation if it was a handful of people repeatedly killing tourists and young couples in Grant Park or something.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Blog Entries

Using the context of our laws...France, Belgium, Germany, Britain et al. have a terrorism problem. They don't have a mass murderer problem.
    For whatever reason (I think it may deal with the people who may be "investigatively" stumbled upon), the law in the U.S. says that there are differences.

So if you flip it around, while the U.S. has terrorist problem (as infrequent as it is), lordy geezus do we have a mass murderer problem.
    That's the context in which I'm asking.

Chicago is unrelated (although mental illness takes on multiple forms), and no one really gives a isht about Chicago anyway.
    I would bring Chicago into the conversation if it was a handful of people repeatedly killing tourists and young couples in Grant Park or something.
    It’s all bad right? Killing large groups of people regardless of method and reason is a tragedy of epic proportions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Lot of bizarre stories out there right now about multiple shooters being observed...

And a lot of folks wondering how this guy was able to transport that many weapons up into his hotel room.

Blog Entries

Lot of bizarre stories out there right now about multiple shooters being observed...

And a lot of folks wondering how this guy was able to transport that many weapons up into his hotel room.

I've only seen one guy say multiple shooters. The other stories I've seen are of people with videos of a flashing light on a much lower floor that looks like it could be flash from a muzzle, but no windows were broken out...

Blog Entries

JFC. Can't even talk about critical, legit issues in 20-fuqin-17 without this isht...smh
    I did say "Just Sayin'" I don't think banning all guns is the answer.

After I read this I was SMH. Crazy people do crazy things. Making drugs illegal didn't work, did it? If he had used a bomb would they ban bombs? I think you see where I'm going.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

JFC. Can't even talk about critical, legit issues in 20-fuqin-17 without this isht...smh

News tonight said he had 10 suitcases. (They had to be HEAVY) That should have caught someone's attention, unless he tipped really good and they fought their instincts 100%. They will have to live with that if so.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    News tonight said he had 10 suitcases. (They had to be HEAVY) That should have caught someone's attention, unless he tipped really good and they fought their instincts 100%. They will have to live with that if so.
    I honestly can’t say. I’ve stayed at Mandalay before and Security was very noticeable. Cameras everywhere. There is no way he would have been able to get all of those suitcases up to his room without someone seeing it on camera. So, pretty clear negligence by Mandalay security.