Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 212223

Re: The BR.com Explanation for Correa

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    you have more faith in this coaching staff than I do when it comes players development, they have done some decent work with some players and others they have gotten too cute with the player, then again some of those players were just not that good either, because we've seen them go to other teams and not do a thing.
    I don't think it's faith, Orr was a UFA who made it in year two. In the case of Correa, I have faith in Correa. I was willing to give Brown a chance to develop but I never felt good about the way he played college ball. I'm telling you, he had no dog. He had speed, he had quick, but I never saw killer instinct. Maybe the scouts had faith that the coaches could bring that out. Correa is a mad dog. Every down the guy is full tilt. He doesn't seem too far behind Brown in the speed department either, especially not game speed. Anyway while I was consistent about giving Brown time before rendering judgment I never endorsed him. Correa I believe in. I think the fact that he was a consistent first teamer throughout camp, Biscuit sticking his neck out, team talking them saying he was getting it late last year, Biscuit never talking only about pursuing O-line, ... signs are pointing to a reasonable amount of confidence in Correa. ... but I sill like Peanut, too. I mentioned before how I watched him blow by Art Brown like he was standing still on a punt return, and believe me I watched it ten more times on DVR. He is fast! I'm just worried about the o-line.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBeak View Post
    I don't think it's faith, Orr was a UFA who made it in year two. In the case of Correa, I have faith in Correa. I was willing to give Brown a chance to develop but I never felt good about the way he played college ball. I'm telling you, he had no dog. He had speed, he had quick, but I never saw killer instinct. Maybe the scouts had faith that the coaches could bring that out. Correa is a mad dog. Every down the guy is full tilt. He doesn't seem too far behind Brown in the speed department either, especially not game speed. Anyway while I was consistent about giving Brown time before rendering judgment I never endorsed him. Correa I believe in. I think the fact that he was a consistent first teamer throughout camp, Biscuit sticking his neck out, team talking them saying he was getting it late last year, Biscuit never talking only about pursuing O-line, ... signs are pointing to a reasonable amount of confidence in Correa. ... but I sill like Peanut, too. I mentioned before how I watched him blow by Art Brown like he was standing still on a punt return, and believe me I watched it ten more times on DVR. He is fast! I'm just worried about the o-line.
    Sounds like you have high expectations for KC, or am I misunderstanding that?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    Sounds like you have high expectations for KC, or am I misunderstanding that?
    I do love his college tape. I can translate what I saw in the tape to WILL. Can see him holding up a block and getting the tackle. Can see him hitting a gap fast and getting behind the LOS and not letting a RB out of his grasp. He will keep at it and not start pounding the ground if he does miss (Hey, Matt Elam). He seems to find great joy in hitting people. Didn't see it much in college but he seemed comfortable in space in limited play time with the team. I can see his energy level actually amp the whole team up.

But my expectations are tempered. I watched carefully and saw him look pretty lost out there in preseason. He got knocked down by a TE because it seemed he was looking the wrong way - twice! Nevertheless, I consider the sources of information about him starting to grasp the playbook as credible. He handled the interview as well as anyone who is known to be under fire. Very mature, confidence. Teammates are positive about him. He was playing special teams so he had never taken up residence in the dog house like Brown. I never got any of the same sense of enthusiasm about Brown. He got some first team reps, but there was always a strange lack of comment about his performance - always "making progress."

I do love his college tape. I can translate what I saw in the tape to WILL. Can see him holding up a block and getting the tackle. Can see him hitting a gap fast and getting behind the LOS and not letting a RB out of his grasp. He will keep at it and not start pounding the ground if he does miss (Hey, Matt Elam). He seems to find great joy in hitting people. Didn't see it much in college but he seemed comfortable in space in limited play time with the team. I can see his energy level actually amp the whole team up.

But my expectations are tempered. I watched carefully and saw him look pretty lost out there in preseason. He got knocked down by a TE because it seemed he was looking the wrong way - twice! Nevertheless, I consider the sources of information about him starting to grasp the playbook as credible. He handled the interview as well as anyone who is known to be under fire. Very mature, confidence. Teammates are positive about him. He was playing special teams so he had never taken up residence in the dog house like Brown. I never got any of the same sense of enthusiasm about Brown. He got some first team reps, but there was always a strange lack of comment about his performance - always "making progress."
    I hope your right. Kind of just blew my mind that a guy we took in the 2nd was basically completely useless to us in the first year. There were quite a bit of other players still on the board at the time when we were picking that could of gave us instant production (that I wanted), I was hoping for Cravens or Ngaokue, or even Spence, cant remember where they all ended up getting drafted. Do you see him as a starter anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I hope your right. Kind of just blew my mind that a guy we took in the 2nd was basically completely useless to us in the first year. There were quite a bit of other players still on the board at the time when we were picking that could of gave us instant production (that I wanted), I was hoping for Cravens or Ngaokue, or even Spence, cant remember where they all ended up getting drafted. Do you see him as a starter anytime soon?
    I really liked Cravens. Thought he might end up a sleeper. Did we have a shot at him in the third? I like we waited a year and got Bowser and Williams. Both in a different league. But Cravens could be a regret as the WILL. Time will tell.

I really liked Cravens. Thought he might end up a sleeper. Did we have a shot at him in the third? I like we waited a year and got Bowser and Williams. Both in a different league. But Cravens could be a regret as the WILL. Time will tell.
    Cravens went 11 picks after KC. Spence was off the board after we traded back from 36 to 42. I would of really liked Nick Martin. I think we were hoping Dodd fell to us and once the Titans took him, that's why we traded back. There was just so many players still available that seemed like a day 1 starter yet we ended up with a guy that played less than half of ST snaps.

Bowser was the one guy I really wanted out of the draft this year, second was Williams, so to get both I was pretty damn happy. I don't watch college football that much, I just start reading about players once our season comes to an end. I think Twill will have a impact bigger than most think this year.
    Last edited by usmccharles; 06-28-2017 at 05:14 PM.