Page 62 of 74 FirstFirst ... 6061626364 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Harbaugh: No Change at Any Coordinator Position

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Is that actually true? They must have won some games where there was no letdown and lost some games where they got beat from the start. Aren't most games in the NFL nowadays won and lost in the 4th quarter?
    Yes they are and that's the way the league wants it. But a lot of posters here don't watch other games so they think it's just the Ravens.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    spend enough money and he'd come here... everyone has a price
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Yes they are and that's the way the league wants it. But a lot of posters here don't watch other games so they think it's just the Ravens.
    This

:word

Anyone see Kirk Cousins BRUTAL INT that ended their season? Yet he's still going to get a large contract. Why? Becuase franchise QB's are fucking hard to find.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    :word

Anyone see Kirk Cousins BRUTAL INT that ended their season? Yet he's still going to get a large contract. Why? Becuase franchise QB's are fucking hard to find.
    Im not talking about QBs

Im talking about Pees. He has a history of colossal 4th quarter collapses. Its not just "the way the league works" ...his collapses far outreach the rest of the league.

Does anyone actually think Pees deserves to stay?
    Does anyone think Wade Phillips wouldnt be an upgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    Im not talking about QBs

Im talking about Pees. He has a history of colossal 4th quarter collapses. Its not just "the way the league works" ...his collapses far outreach the rest of the league.

Does anyone actually think Pees deserves to stay?
    Does anyone think Wade Phillips wouldnt be an upgrade?
    I think when you consider the context of Harbaugh being told it's a make or break season for him being the HC of the Baltimore Ravens, I understand it.

I would have fired Dean Pees, personally, but I do understand why he is back. I also think this year was drastically better than 2015, not only in performance and stats, but in how they actually played. The scheme got sloppy in the 4th quarter, but quarters 1-3 were better.

Wade Phillips would have been an upgrade. But you act as if this is a video game and you can just select a coach and they come here. If you fire Pees and don't get Wade Phillips to come here then it's onto other options. Not all are as decorated as Wade Phillips.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Baltimore was 17th in 4th quarter points allowed this year.

They averaged allowing 6.8 points per 4th Q this year. In the last 3 games that was drastically higher at 13.3 points allowed in the 4th quarter.

Jimmy Smith went down in our 4th last game and did not play in the last 3.

After watching this team there was a direct correlation between Jimmy not being on the field and our secondary collapsing followed by our defense collapsing.

Part of the reality is that Jimmy Smith is that damn important to the defense.

Jimmy also missed the Dallas game where we gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter (17 in the second half). We had no match for Dez becuase we have no other physicla corners.

I'm not going to say dean pees is flawless and we blew 4th quarter leads becasue we didnt have Smith, but it is a damn important mitigating factor. We all saw it while watching the games and the stats show it. When Shareece Wright is given meaningful assignments you're going to be fucked.
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

It's also the offense. Oakland leads the league in scoring 42 points in the final 3 minutes of the game. If you can score on your last possession, you can win.

Ravens kick field goals (see sig)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

It's also the offense. Oakland leads the league in scoring 42 points in the final 3 minutes of the game. If you can score on your last possession, you can win.

Ravens kick field goals (see sig)
    I saw an article that was written before week 16 saying Oakland didn't blow a 4th quarter lead all year (Not sure if they did in the final 2 weeks). Is that becuase of a good defense or a good offense?
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I saw an article that was written before week 16 saying Oakland didn't blow a 4th quarter lead all year (Not sure if they did in the final 2 weeks). Is that becuase of a good defense or a good offense?
    their defense is suspect but OAK can score at will on most teams so it masks a lot of their deficiency on defense. It's kind of like our offense this season didn't do the defense any favors so they got exposed against better teams.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rygar64 View Post
    Is that actually true? They must have won some games where there was no letdown and lost some games where they got beat from the start. Aren't most games in the NFL nowadays won and lost in the 4th quarter?
    yea that's the majority of the league these days and it's that way for a reason, keeps games interesting I guess. It's just not the ravens this happens to. The problem with the Ravens is that they couldn't score in the clutch. When they did the defense couldn't get the stop.

Blog Entries

Baltimore was 17th in 4th quarter points allowed this year.

They averaged allowing 6.8 points per 4th Q this year. In the last 3 games that was drastically higher at 13.3 points allowed in the 4th quarter.

Jimmy Smith went down in our 4th last game and did not play in the last 3.

After watching this team there was a direct correlation between Jimmy not being on the field and our secondary collapsing followed by our defense collapsing.

Part of the reality is that Jimmy Smith is that damn important to the defense.

Jimmy also missed the Dallas game where we gave up 10 points in the 4th quarter (17 in the second half). We had no match for Dez becuase we have no other physicla corners.

I'm not going to say dean pees is flawless and we blew 4th quarter leads becasue we didnt have Smith, but it is a damn important mitigating factor. We all saw it while watching the games and the stats show it. When Shareece Wright is given meaningful assignments you're going to be fucked.
    The voice of reason