Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: OT: Top Ten Wrestling Dream Matches

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Didn't they pretty much just start that with Sheamus this past RAW? Honestly, I've forgotten about Orton since he's been off the air. It'd be a nice few weeks of his return, but he will end up being right back where he was before he got injured, which is just pretty much being thrown in somewhere. I think he's gotten to the point in his career where he's just there to put the newer guys over, kinda like Jericho and Kane.

A couple of months of feuding on each show, will somewhat make the other show (the one the champ is not currently on) a bit of a bore. So you'd be watching Smackdown and getting a feud with the champ, get good and invested in the feud, only to have him just to the other show to do the same thing? For a couple more months? The Champ is the one that's supposed to be top draw (not intended for any Reigns bashing or hate at all, I like the guy) so to have them not be on one of the shows for a couple of months will only lessen the show by not having the champ on it for a few months. I personally don't care to watch a show, especially for a couple of months, if the champ isn't there. That being said, it's either gonna be the same was as the split has been before, or they split the title up again and have one for each, which, they've also already done.

They will have to feature some women wrestlers on each show, and they can't keep the champ and main contenders on one show, and expect the rest of the lesser female talent to draw a crowd on the other show. With a few call ups/signings (Bubba's gf Velvet Sky....bring in the Beautiful People) and returns from injury, I can see where they would have enough female talent to split between the shows and have the champ on each.
    Seriously WWE should hire you and Bhc as part of their writing team, I'm optimistic about the brand split.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Goldberg wouldn't last 2 minutes with Gillberg.
    Goldberg would punk out the minute Gillberg gave him any kind of death stare

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Seriously WWE should hire you and Bhc as part of their writing team, I'm optimistic about the brand split.
    I'm game is Bhc is! lol

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    I'm game is Bhc is! lol
    lets make it happen lol

Blog Entries

To be fair, it's hard to have a good technical wrestling match in the time these guys usually get allotted on Raw or SD, which is usually between 3-5 minutes in most cases. I think that most of the roster puts on fairly decent matches given what they have to work with, some better than others. Some recent PPV matches have been high quality because they got a decent amount of time. Sami/KO on Payback, for example.

Really, what annoys me most about WWE right now is finisher spam in every big match. I can't remember exactly when it started although I'd probably say around the first Michaels/Taker match. That match is very likely my favorite match of all time, but it started an awful trend. Guys should not be routinely kicking out of a finisher 2, 3, 4 times. It seems to happen in every major match at this point. In a match like that one, like Taker/Michaels 2, it makes sense because of the desperation and stakes involved, as well as the competitors. It doesn't make any sense when it's AJ and Roman. Just go home, hit the finisher and end the match. Don't kick out to prolong the drama...it does nothing for me. The only finishers I can think of that haven't been buried by this trend are the Super-Tombstone (where Taker jumps when he hits it), the Brogue Kick (surprisingly), and I guess Roman's spear. I don't think anyone kicked out of Seth's curb-stomp, but they got rid of that. Even Cena's AA has been diminished in recent years especially during the US Title thing where he would let guys (and not always big names) kick out of it weekly.

Dunno if you saw, but I read that all women's wrestling will be on one show. So that answers that.

Blog Entries

I'd definitely join the writing team, lol. Might have to explain to Vince what a burrito is though.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

If Vince is behind it, I have to believe that HHH is right alongside him, because they do the same thing in NXT.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    this got vince written all over it, he is has lost it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    To be fair, it's hard to have a good technical wrestling match in the time these guys usually get allotted on Raw or SD, which is usually between 3-5 minutes in most cases. I think that most of the roster puts on fairly decent matches given what they have to work with, some better than others. Some recent PPV matches have been high quality because they got a decent amount of time. Sami/KO on Payback, for example.

Really, what annoys me most about WWE right now is finisher spam in every big match. I can't remember exactly when it started although I'd probably say around the first Michaels/Taker match. That match is very likely my favorite match of all time, but it started an awful trend. Guys should not be routinely kicking out of a finisher 2, 3, 4 times. It seems to happen in every major match at this point. In a match like that one, like Taker/Michaels 2, it makes sense because of the desperation and stakes involved, as well as the competitors. It doesn't make any sense when it's AJ and Roman. Just go home, hit the finisher and end the match. Don't kick out to prolong the drama...it does nothing for me. The only finishers I can think of that haven't been buried by this trend are the Super-Tombstone (where Taker jumps when he hits it), the Brogue Kick (surprisingly), and I guess Roman's spear. I don't think anyone kicked out of Seth's curb-stomp, but they got rid of that. Even Cena's AA has been diminished in recent years especially during the US Title thing where he would let guys (and not always big names) kick out of it weekly.

Dunno if you saw, but I read that all women's wrestling will be on one show. So that answers that.
    In a 3 hr show, they should be getting more than 5 mins to do a match. I agree 100% on the kicking out of finishing moves way too often, even multiple times in a single match. It only waters down the move for me.

Yeah, I saw where the women's division is expected to be on one show. Also saw where they plan on having US champ on one and IC on the other. Figures as much, with Cena getting the US strap again and being main guy, most likely on Smackdown.

Also saw they are thinking of having a few call-ups from NXT to help fill the rosters as well as bringing in others from outside places. Supposedly the split idea is something that just came up in the past few weeks, yet we were discussing it about a month ago. Lol

Blog Entries

Some moves you just shouldn't be able to kick out of, but maybe once a generation. The Stone Cold Stunner, the Tombstone Piledriver, Canadian Destroyer a very select few, that properly blend kayfabe and reality. I think it took away from the full effect of the Taker/Michaels finish to have him already kick out of one tombstone. Better to have him give his own throat slashing gesture for the one move that kayfabe, would really put him down for good.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Smh so they turn AJ styles heel now