Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

What I have seen so far is that an Average QB with a well built team on offense and defense, some good coaching, could easily take the AFC north this year. I am not even sure our kickers are good this year but they are the only ones I will bet on getting better. I still can't believe Pees is our coordinator. The Jets defense held Bortles to 140 yards this past Sunday, its 50/50 if Pees makes EJ Manual look like Aaron Rodgers on Sunday.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    Because chances are you're going to get garbage I would think a long suffering fan would get that. What makes you think your are going to get one? Mia has been looking since Marino. Bills since Jim Kelly. Tampa has never had one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unless something changes quick, what we currently have is also garbage.

3. Re: I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by SeattleRaven View Post
    Rodgers if you remember had some major ankle injuries just a few years ago which limited his mobility. Is it better receivers or a QB who makes better receivers? Joe was good at one time but believe that he is no longer able to play up to his prior level. He was never as good as Rodgers.
    But Rodgers didn't have to go through surgery and rehab for his ankle like Joe did for his knee where he had 2 ligaments torn. And Rodgers ankle injury doesn't seem to have robbed him of any speed or agility. I'm not the only one who's noticed that Joe looks stiffer and slower since the latest knee and now back injury.
    Rodgers is still playing with that fearlessness that Joe used to until he got shell-shocked.
    And Rodgers is clearly in better physical shape too, not just mental.
    Maybe Joe turns it around, again, but right now he looks done.

They DCS'd our franchise SB MVP.

4. Re: I was at the game yesterday, my two cents

Quote Originally Posted by Raven1998 View Post
    What I have seen so far is that an Average QB with a well built team on offense and defense, some good coaching, could easily take the AFC north this year. I am not even sure our kickers are good this year but they are the only ones I will bet on getting better. I still can't believe Pees is our coordinator. The Jets defense held Bortles to 140 yards this past Sunday, its 50/50 if Pees makes EJ Manual look like Aaron Rodgers on Sunday.
    50/50?

Man, that's a suckers bet.

Quote Originally Posted by bravens23 View Post
    I'm not opposed to taking one... just not early. If you want to go like 4th round, sure, go for it. I don't think there's more pressure to reach in 2019, because if you don't like what you see, then you just essentially tank until you get in position to get somebody you like. Sign a cheap veteran and let the chips fall where they may. Most teams end up having to do something like this anyway.

The downside to using like a day 2 or day 3 pick on a QB is that he sits for 2018, you move on from Joe, and then what do you have in 2019? You've got a day 2 QB who may or may not be able to play. The only way to really "find out", is to throw him out there, and you probably need more than a year to evaluate. Meanwhile, because you're still trying to figure out whether you have a good QB or not, you passed on others in the draft.

Or, you use a 3rd rounder in 2018 on a QB, then you use a first in 2019, and now you've got a 3rd round pick that you hope never plays.
    I think the pressure is having to avoid tanking for a season. Bisciotti wants to field competitive teams as often as possible.

I think they should assess all available QB talent and grab one they like wherever it falls to them. If that's in the 1st, that would be great. I'd rather a high pedigree player that's more likely to pan out. But if the player(s) there for them in the 1st isn't a player they like, I'm fine with taking one in the 2nd or 3rd round. But if you start sooner you can be more patient and more selective while Joe plays out the business end of his contract.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    I think the pressure is having to avoid tanking for a season. Bisciotti wants to field competitive teams as often as possible.

I think they should assess all available QB talent and grab one they like wherever it falls to them. If that's in the 1st, that would be great. I'd rather a high pedigree player that's more likely to pan out. But if the player(s) there for them in the 1st isn't a player they like, I'm fine with taking one in the 2nd or 3rd round. But if you start sooner you can be more patient and more selective while Joe plays out the business end of his contract.
    I would settle for that.

It's weird to me that while they're struggling to get anything going in the passing game, Campanaro has yet to see any targets at WR and the semi-successful experiment of him at RB-WR was short lived. He's finally healthy and they're aren't using him at all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    It's weird to me that while they're struggling to get anything going in the passing game, Campanaro has yet to see any targets at WR and the semi-successful experiment of him at RB-WR was short lived. He's finally healthy and they're aren't using him at all.

That's the problem with the coaches - neither side of the ball seems to know how to really use the players. What do these guys do all week? Beer pong?

We started the season seeing some rollouts with Joe, and now that play is gone. How hard is it to draw up and run a couple of crossing patterns? At the very least, if you pass the ball, can you at least try to throw it beyond the sticks, especially on 3rd down?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post

these coaches man they just can't figure it out, all they have to do is put camp in woodheads role, they have scraped it all once woodhead went down. smh they don't even look at options at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    these coaches man they just can't figure it out, all they have to do is put camp in woodheads role, they have scraped it all once woodhead went down. smh they don't even look at options at all.
    BC hook us up with a picture of a kitchen burning down and 3 cooks looking at each other. Or my favorite the dog drinking a coffee with the room burning down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Goode05 View Post
    You think he's staying once Lewis is gone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Goode question.
    Let Joe Cool lead the way 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    They cant even come up with a cohesive system or player profile.

We clearly have tried to trend to a West coast hybrid.... WHILE having the following:
    1) A strong arm, deep ball QB, who has always had footwork problems
    2) Vertical 9 route WRs (2 of them lol), who also struggle with drops AND aren't quick or good at route running
    3) RBs who are slow and struggle with catching / route running....

Not even going to get into the O line....

But seriously... who looks at our player skillset and says.... " Thats a West coast offense, we need to focus on short - intermediate passing routes and utilizing our HB's out of the backfield"