Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

A closer look at Mark Turgeon

Turned on last night's game vs. George Mason, hoping to see a comfortable win and haven't been this pissed since the Dolphins game.

Turgeon has got to go. He's got great talent again this year and is squandering it. D was fairly serviceable, but offense was sloppy, turnover, stupid fouls, etc. and they missed several chances to win.

Let Brenda coach.

Re: A closer look at Mark Turgeon

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Turned on last night's game vs. George Mason, hoping to see a comfortable win and haven't been this pissed since the Dolphins game.

Turgeon has got to go. He's got great talent again this year and is squandering it. D was fairly serviceable, but offense was sloppy, turnover, stupid fouls, etc. and they missed several chances to win.

Let Brenda coach.
    A constant is that his team can't shoot worth a shit. When is the last time MD shot well from 3 pt?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    A constant is that his team can't shoot worth a shit. When is the last time MD shot well from 3 pt?

When they had Juan Dixon and Steve Blake.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Let Brenda coach.
    He's a mediocre coach, but as long as Damon Evans is happy with making the tournament and getting bounced in the first or second round, he's doing the job. There's no reason that he shouldn't have a perennial top 10 recruiting class given all of the basketball talent in the DMV area. And WTF don't they advertise? When was the last time you saw a U Maryland Basketball ad on a billboard going up I-95? They have destroyed a proud program. Don't get me started.

Blog Entries

Let Brenda coach.
    LET'S GO BRENDA. .

Blog Entries

What the hell was Ayala doing at the end of the game. 14 seconds left and he's dribbling around at the top of the key before driving in and missing a layup. Any other time he's not afraid to jack up a 40 footer which has you scratching your head. Maryland has some dumb players and so so coach at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Yup. A lifetime ago.

Drisell was not a great X's and O's coach. My Dad always said his strength was he would suck the ass of the families of future recruits with his perverse Lefty southern boy charm and that was his main thing.

As a kid that with his friends was obsessed with Maryland basketball, I think being a Maryland fan is knowing you will always be outcoached. And hoping every once and a while the talent of the team would transcend that coaching and do something great.

Juan Dixon was that transcendent player. Len Bias, Buck Williams and Albert King were too. But Juan was the Gary Whisperer that got it done.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 11-18-2021 at 08:00 PM.

Fact.

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

He's a mediocre coach, but as long as Damon Evans is happy with making the tournament and getting bounced in the first or second round, he's doing the job. There's no reason that he shouldn't have a perennial top 10 recruiting class given all of the basketball talent in the DMV area. And WTF don't they advertise? When was the last time you saw a U Maryland Basketball ad on a billboard going up I-95? They have destroyed a proud program. Don't get me started.
    I'm a DeMatha HS grad, so you're preaching to the choir about all the area talent. You always knew it was recruiting season when I was in HS; I'd see all the top coaches, ACC, Big 10, etc. roaming the hallways and drooling.

Can't remember the last time a DM BB player went to MD. I live in Cincinnati and jut heard Xavier signed a Stag for next year already.

Football's been different as of late, McFarland, Chase Young and a few others going from DM to MD to pro.

Back to Turgeon. He sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Fact.

I think Mike Krzyzewski once said he would have loved to have coached Juan Dixon. Dixon was such a high character person. He is my favorite Maryland player of all time.

Blog Entries

Almost lost to Hofstra (really?) because he sat the big man for the entire second half.

Turf is basically the polar opposite of Gary. Turg can recruit like nobody’s business…can’t coach to save his ass. Barely has a plan to begin the game and makes little to no changes during

Gary couldn’t recruit , somehow refused to recruit the DMV and yet could get every once of talent outa what he had. Dude could flat coach. He knew his player’s strengths and weakness. Gary was a Gamer.

Best scenario woulda been ..have both. Let Turg recruit ..let Gary coach. We’d have 7-8 NCAA’s by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk