Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Best Raven's Skill Player to Ever Suit Up

did not have to be drafted by the ravens but had to suit up for at least one non-preseason game.
    Excluded QBs and OL

ray rice?
    heap?
    jamal?
    dallas clark?
    Boldin?

Re: Best Raven's Skill Player to Ever Suit Up

I'm actually going to go with Steve Smith for this one, but I can understand the argument for Anquan Boldin.

Smith - 16 yrs, 1031 catches, 14731 yards, 14.3 ypc, 67.3 ypg, 81 TD, 2x All Pro
    Boldin - 14 yrs, 1076 catches, 13779 yards, 12.8 ypc, 68.2 ypg, 82 TD, 0x All Pro

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    I'm actually going to go with Steve Smith for this one, but I can understand the argument for Anquan Boldin.

Smith - 16 yrs, 1031 catches, 14731 yards, 14.3 ypc, 67.3 ypg, 81 TD, 2x All Pro
    Boldin - 14 yrs, 1076 catches, 13779 yards, 12.8 ypc, 68.2 ypg, 82 TD, 0x All Pro
    lol how did i forget ssr

Honestly im going to say Ray Rice. The way he could turn little dump offs to 30 yards, or his elusiveness, how hard he was to bring down, his ability to catch like a slot WR. There was that 4 year stretch where he was a top 5 RB, If he could of got more carries in his rookie year im sure he would of put of respectable numbers

I'll go with Priest Holmes. He was the AFC's version of Marshall Faulk. If he would've had a healthier career, he would be in the HOF right now.

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy1213 View Post
    I'll go with Priest Holmes. He was the AFC's version of Marshall Faulk. If he would've had a healthier career, he would be in the HOF right now.
    No doubt he was awesome, but I just don't get putting guys on this list that didn't perform in the conversation that we are talking about while wearing our uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    No doubt he was awesome, but I just don't get putting guys on this list that didn't perform in the conversation that we are talking about while wearing our uniform.
    I don't either but the OP listed Dallas Clark so I just went with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by whosyourdaddy1213 View Post
    I don't either but the OP listed Dallas Clark so I just went with it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
    Which also makes zero sense considering he put up a whopping 350 yards here, but oh well

Shannon Sharpe retired as probably the greatest TE of all time. Doesn't he at least deserve a mention in this thread? Certainly over Heap or Clark.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Quote Originally Posted by HotInHere View Post
    Shannon Sharpe retired as probably the greatest TE of all time. Doesn't he at least deserve a mention in this thread? Certainly over Heap or Clark.
    Like I said above, I don't see the point in mentioning a player as a great for the Ravens when the stats they put up while playing for us where mediocre. Obviously Sharpe is a all time great, but he did nothing spectacular stat wise here.

Blog Entries

Much like the other thread, if taken literally then probably Sharpe or Smith Sr, as both are HOF level players.

If taken as guys who were with the Ravens for most of their career, it would be:

Ray Rice
    (fairly considerable gap)
    Jamal Lewis
    (fairly considerable gap)
    Todd Heap
    (big, huge, enormous, gigantic gap)
    Torrey Smith?

This is sad.

Blog Entries

Shanon Sharpe.

Best homegrown player? Jamal Lewis