Page 1 of 153 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

The Official Joe Flacco Thread.

Matt Ryan...............................Mr. Matt Ryan.........................smh. I cannot believe that I am about to have to watch Matt Ryan, in the Super Bowl.

This is the same Matt Ryan, that, in 2011, went up to the Meadowlands, in the playoffs, and didn't score a single point. He failed to convert 2 or three 4th and shorts, and couldn't throw the ball beyond 15 yards. Literally, if his passes traveled more than 15 yards, the wind snatched it down. It was like watching Shawn Michaels fall off of the side of the cage. Matt Ryan. The same Matt Ryan that in 2010, threw a pick six in the second quarter, IN HIS OWN HOUSE NO LESS, that essentially ended the game BY HALFTIME, in the playoffs against the Green Bay Packers. Even yesterday, watching his passes get to the intended spot was like showing up late to a store on Black Friday and having to wait in line.

I have to hear all of this talk about how good Ryan's technique is and how well he goes through his progression. Well when you have Alex fucking Mack in front of you and can throw to that Mighty Mouse Taylor Gabriel who can run a three yard in and turn it into a 7 yard gain, or when you have Julio Jones who can run any route on the tree and snatch passes from heaven, I guess you would be able to make quick decisions and step into all of your throws. But for the record, when Ryan doesn't have that deep pocket to step up into, when he gets pressured, when he can't get comfortable in the pocket early in a game, he gets frantic just like just about every other QB gets frantic, save a handful.

Speaking of Alex Mack, the guy that I will NEVER get over the Ravens not signing in the off-season. The top 3 Center that we could have had for less cap space than what would have been saved by releasing Forsett and Zuttah, ONE OF WHICH, didn't even make it through the fucking season. The OTHER, who might get released this off-season ANYWAY! Do you want to know WHY Atlanta is in the Super Bowl? Because they didn't just sit there and say "Well, we have Zuttah, he's at least adequate I think he'll be good enough." like this organization and fans in this city, and posters on this board. They said "We have a high quality QB (Which they do, I'll give Ryan that). Let's give him everything he needs to be successful. Ryan is the face of the team, this team will live and die with what he does so we need to give him as much as we can so that he can do and do great". Here, this team has lived and died with what Flacco does for years, and they still want to let lineman go, because they haven't caught up to the new age of the way the cap is going, and want to stick him with multiple rookies and 'adequate' centers. We have a QB who is now known for throwing off of his back foot. Yet, nobody around has thought, 'Hey, we notice that Joe's throwing off of his back foot a lot. Maybe we should really focus on improving the interior of this line, so that he can have a deeper and more consistent pocket to step up into, so that he'll feel more comfortable stepping into his throws and get into a better rhythm.'. In Atlanta, they didn't say 'He's getting paid to cover all of that up, so we're going to keep putting 'adequate' talent around him, and we'll leave it to him to figure it out.' They had a guy who 'Has better technique' 'Makes quicker decisions', and STILL put arguably the BEST CENTER IN THE LEAGUE, in front of him.

This mother fucker, is a legitimate...M.V.P candidate. Matt Ryan, Matt fucking Ryan, is now a legitimate MVP candidate.

Yet and still, NOBODY IN THE CASTLE has taken the fucking hint, of how this team should be built. Nobody bothered to think 'We need Flacco to make quicker decisions, let's give him WRs who know how to work in short areas, Instead of giving him 36 year old WRs who you're lucky to have healthy an entire season, and a bunch of one dimensional vertical threats. Some guys he can be comfortable in knowing that they'll run a crisp route, see what he sees and be where they're supposed to be'.

It took, a Top 5 group of pass catchers, a Top 5 Offensive Line and Top 5 Offensive coaching, for an Above average QB named Matt Ryan, to make it to the Super Bowl. We have a QB who is better than Ryan, and he's almost never had any one of those three things, let alone all three at the same time. He's never had a top 5 group of pass catchers. He's never had a top 5 offensive line. The one year he had top 5 offensive coaching, they scored 25 and a half PPG during the regular season, knocked out Pittsburgh in the playoffs for the first time in team history, and he went up to Foxboro and, with Steve Smith and a cloud of dust, threw 4 (should have been 5) touchdowns.

Even when you compare the talent from the year Joe Flacco led the Ravens to the Title, to the talent Ryan has this year, there is NO COMPARISON. Offensive Line: Atlanta. That line Baltimore had, ONCE AGAIN, was adequate. As Major Payne would say, it was still a shit sandwich, it just wasn't a soggy one. I'll give it a little more than that. The group of pass catchers. Julio Jones is better than Boldin, Pitta, Smith and Jones combined. Literally. Boldin was great for Flacco, once he was used correctly, but Boldin could only really kill it in the slot. Julio can line up anywhere on the field, against any DB on the field, and his catch radius is larger than those four guys combined. There have been so many times where Ryan's been blitzed and all his does is toss it up, amidst two and three defenders, in Jones' vicinity, and Julio snatches it. Passes that aren't even accurate. Not only to we now NOT have a Julio Jones. We don't have anything CLOSE to Julio Jones. That's before we even get to Sanu and Gabriel. I'm not even going to get into the coaching.

Yet and still, year after year, I have to hear about how Joe Flacco is who he is, and he can't succeed without a run game. And he works best with the play-action pass, and he's not Brees, and he's not this person and he's not that person. Joe Flacco did, what Matt Ryan now has the opportunity to do, with a worse group of pass catchers, worse line, worse coaching, and outside of the Wild-Card game, had to do it ON THE ROAD, IN THE COLD, fucking 0 degree weather.

Here, we get on Flacco for forcing the ball to certain players. Yeah, aight, let that Game thread hit, and when he's throwing to Aiken on a crucial third down, the first thing that will come out of everyone's mouth is how he should have been throwing to Smith Sr. in that situation. We don't even have to look that far back. Week 16. He threw to Perriman, he couldn't bring down the TD. He threw to Waller, he couldn't bring down the TD. He threw to Aiken. HE WASN'T EVEN LOOKING FOR THE BALL. But, we get on Flacco's case for forcing passes to Smith Sr. and Pitta.

Didn't it ever occur to anyone, that Atlanta, while they've drafted well, does not have the same level of defensive talent that Baltimore has? That they just get more out of their talent, and understand that this young unit would work better with big leads, rather than a ball control offense that keeps them fresh?

So now, we have to go through YET ANOTHER off-season, where the team will try to give that cocksucker Dean Pees, more talent to fuck up. Zuttah will somehow manage to survive, they go into next season with Stanley, Lewis, Zuttah, Yanda and the cheapest RT they can get their hands on and actually expect to be able to get back to the playoffs and make noise.

When you watch Matt Ryan play, just think to yourself, what would Joe Flacco do in that same situation, that exact same situation. Joe Flacco might have 55 TD passes. It'd be BY FAR the best pass protection he's ever had. BY FAR, the best group of pass catchers that he's ever had, with WRs that can be threats five yards downfield or fifty, and similar coaching to what he had in 2014.

And before someone reminds me, yes, Atlanta does a good job of running the ball. I'm not saying abandon the run. But that offense is built around Ryan's arm. Much like this offense needs to be built around Joe's arm.

For those wondering, I am currently listening to New Jack shoot interviews. Hence, my current tone.

I would like to hereby make this THEE official Joe Flacco thread of the off-season, so that everyone can keep their Flacco-centric discussions in one thread. Much like the Dean Pees thread.

EDIT: Second Quarter*, not fourth.
    Last edited by The Excellector; 01-23-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Re: The Official Joe Flacco Thread.

I just hope that Joe Flacco watched the past 2 weeks of playoffs and was pissed off that he was sitting home instead of playing

I can't wait for Shug to show up in this thread. Just gonna watch this unfold.

New Jack shoot interviews...that dude is all kinds of crazy.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Didn't it ever occur to anyone, that Atlanta, while they've drafted well, does not have the same level of defensive talent that Baltimore has? That they just get more out of their talent, and understand that this young unit would work better with big leads, rather than a ball control offense that keeps them fresh?

So now, we have to go through YET ANOTHER off-season, where the team will try to give that cocksucker Dean Pees, more talent to fuck up. Zuttah will somehow manage to survive, they go into next season with Stanley, Lewis, Zuttah, Yanda and the cheapest RT they can get their hands on and actually expect to be able to get back to the playoffs and make noise.

This is an offensive biased league. So, when you have a good coaching and a good QB then you will have these success stories. On defense you just need to be schemed well enough, that's it. Has much less to do with drafting in my opinion. Cleveland drafted a gang of WRs. Those same receivers go to NE or ATL and they would be beasts.

Blog Entries

Just posted in the other thread that the best receiver in the AFCC was Hogan out of Monmouth. Why? Brady. He carved them up with duct tape players in the skill positions.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

How many threads do we need of needle boy railing about how Joe Flacco is the best? Like really, I feel like I've read this insane rambling once a week for the past three months

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

me too LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by burnwood View Post
    This is an offensive biased league. So, when you have a good coaching and a good QB then you will have these success stories. On defense you just need to be schemed well enough, that's it. Has much less to do with drafting in my opinion. Cleveland drafted a gang of WRs. Those same receivers go to NE or ATL and they would be beasts.

The past 5 Superbowls strongly disagrees with this. Very very strongly.

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post

I'm here Dade and Smoove and the debate is over and it's not even close, hint the winner is #2 from the Atl LOL

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    I'm here Dade and Smoove and the debate is over and it's not even close, hint the winner is #2 from the Atl LOL
    lol oh man here we go ding! ding! ding!

Blog Entries

Flacco better play to the contract in 2017 that's all I will say for now.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I just hope that Joe Flacco watched the past 2 weeks of playoffs and was pissed off that he was sitting home instead of playing
    He should be pissed off and push him to work harder than ever but I have my doubts unfortunately.