Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens Sign Alejandro Villaneuva to a 2-year Deal

Definitely not a Pro-Bowler anymore, but I feel like he can play a good RT for a season. Seems like they are really high on Phillips and want him to win the role. If he can, even better.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I don't use twitter mate, just browse on their occasionally. I do read some of your tweets !
    Ah okay okay.

yeah the fans hated him. I recently re-watched 2 games of their run downs. I didn't see a liability by any stretch. I think running so much zone was tough on him though.

But any time he did downblock it was easy work for him. He's big, long, good hand placement. I don't see it being a major issue. He's not going to maul guys like Fluker did though. That son of a bitch came out like a cannon lol
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Cole's credibility stays in check!!!! A win for everyone.
    It was never out sir!!!
    Bleed Purple but don't be a homer

Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Moving from LT to RT is historically not very hard for competent veterans.
    I think Michael Oher proved LT>RT in his time here. You could also simply look at how NFL teams value the 2 positions to determine the relative skill

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings...al-guaranteed/

Quote Originally Posted by Missingweblink View Post
    Makes perfect sense. I bet you were sitting around waiting to post your complaint. Don’t play dumb.
    It doesn’t make sense. But keep patting yourself on the back like you made a funny.

Any actual educated input into the signing or not? Probably not but your amazing comeback.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorthRaven View Post
    Ah okay okay.

yeah the fans hated him. I recently re-watched 2 games of their run downs. I didn't see a liability by any stretch. I think running so much zone was tough on him though.

But any time he did downblock it was easy work for him. He's big, long, good hand placement. I don't see it being a major issue. He's not going to maul guys like Fluker did though. That son of a bitch came out like a cannon lol
    But then AV is a huge upgrade in pass protection.

Blog Entries

I’m not sure what’s not to like?

This scheme is going make run blocking easy for him.

He was already a good pass protector on as LT being a good pass protector at RT is generally consider easier at worst the same. I can’t imagine why he would be worse at RT then LT.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

He was already a good pass protector on as LT being a good pass protector at RT is generally consider easier at worst the same. I can’t imagine why he would be worse at RT then LT.
    I guess the concern is ... have you ever tried to wipe with the opposite hand?

Sometimes it can be tough to transition your technique. Villaneuva is pretty technically sound, so I think it's a reach to say he'll struggle with it though.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Right and let's be real the reason the Ravens are a great run team is 80% Lamar and 20% the scheme. They were a record-setting run team last year with a pretty crappy offensive line. I am not worried at all about run blocking with Lamar/Roman.

Blog Entries

I am sure an ex US Ranger is capable of many things

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I hope that just means they are resting Stanley for pre season and AV will be taking the reps at LT until Stanley comes back for week 1. That would be a good scenario because you also get a look at Phillips at RT by doing that to see if he has progressed.

But from what Cole was saying the Ravens are genuinely concerned about whether Stanley will be ready for week 1.
    If that's the scenario it may be good for Phillips but I would like for AV to get comfortable playing some RT before having to do it in an actual game for a new team.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out and by interesting I mean holding my breath and praying for the best.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    If that's the scenario it may be good for Phillips but I would like for AV to get comfortable playing some RT before having to do it in an actual game for a new team.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out and by interesting I mean holding my breath and praying for the best.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    The guy has done 3 tours. If anyone can dedicate himself to making that switch its this guy.