Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    I think the pats will commit a few illegal contact or dpi penalties.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I think the pats will commit a few illegal contact or dpi penalties.

Yea that's the way the game is played anymore....Revis has made a career out of doing it and not getting caught. The Seattle DBs did it all year. Man I'd hate to be a receiver.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rlh445 View Post
    Yea that's the way the game is played anymore....Revis has made a career out of doing it and not getting caught. The Seattle DBs did it all year. Man I'd hate to be a receiver.
    Yep I hope the refs call them

Blog Entries

Re: How do the Patriots defend the deep ball? Can Flacco have deep ball success against them?

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    An interesting question. I turn your argument back on you though and say that if the Patriots studied and ascertained that we would have he highest chance of success throwing deep on the first play of the game, the they also could decide that we know that they know that and then assume we will exploit the short route while we assume they will cover the deep pass. So maybe they fake themselves into assuming we don't go for the easy ticket ? Who the heck knows haha. I think the smart thing to do on both teams is for them to try to take away the easy ticket on the first play, and for us to try o exploit and force them to prove they can stop it.
    I think the smart thing to do would be to get a few or two first downs (before we take our shots)so if we are unsuccessful we don't give them a short field. And I mean that regardless of what point in the game we are in. Short fields can not be an option.

Quote Originally Posted by callahan09 View Post
    I predict a deep bomb to the right side of the field on the first play of the game. Given what I've outlined above, and if Jim Caldwell has researched this at all to the kind of extent that I have, you have to like those odds. If you can connect on it, you silence the crowd on the very first play. Punch 'em in the mouth and see if they ever get back up. Exactly like that 80 yard Rice TD did to them in 2009.
    I'd rather go with a higher % play. Send Torrey deep (as they're probably expecting), pulling the safety over, and hit Q about 20 yards down the middle. He has to get involved early and often, and I'm sure he'd love to bang a few of those DB's around on the first play of the game.

Blog Entries

We had 503 yards of offense in the first game.

Rice averaged 5+ ypc.

Flacco hit 8 different people, the same as Brady. But our distribution was way more even. Brady relied on Welker and Lloyd. No other NE player had over 28 yards receiving. We had 3 players over 50 yards and two more at 48 and 49.

Given our tendencies to throw deep often we should be selective about when we do because it's a no brainer that the Pats will be very wary of the deep ball so we've got to come out and be patient and methodically march down the field taking what the defense gives us. I expect the Pats two play alot of 2 man deep coverages and the middle of the field to be open within 10-15 yards of the line of scrimmage.
    First and foremost is that we've got to find a way to run the ball effectively first because if we accomplish this then we can have our way with the deep balls. There's a reason why the pats finished 29th against the pass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    We had 503 yards of offense in the first game.

Rice averaged 5+ ypc.

Flacco hit 8 different people, the same as Brady. But our distribution was way more even. Brady relied on Welker and Lloyd. No other NE player had over 28 yards receiving. We had 3 players over 50 yards and two more at 48 and 49.
    Rice is going to by why ne can't defend the deep ball. If ne brings a safety up to stop the run the ravens will go deep

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    I keep reading how since Talib has been playing their secondary is sooo much better. Yet I never see them analyze who they've played against since Talib has been starting.

Colts - Reggie Wayne? He is good. Not what he used to be. Rookie QB playing in NE, Luck was in over his head.

Jets - ummm...Jeremy Kerley? Ok...

Dolphins - uhhh...Brian Hartline???

Texans - Johnson, but we all know the Texans fell apart at the end of the season - they weren't the same team (Schaub turned to garbage).

49ers - Crabtree has really come alive since Colin K. But I still doubt many teams fear Crabtree on his own

Jaguars - ...Cecil Shorts?

They have faced hardly any real WR talent. A lot of those guys are C level WRs. B level at best. Only Johnson scratches A level, and Schaub had been horrible to close out their season.

Maybe just maybe their secondary has improved because they been playing teams that have poor WR squads? Or are run heavy (Texans/49ers).

Hmmm...

It's not like Talib was lining up against AJ Green or Megatron or Marshall. Demaryius Thomas burned them for 180 early on. He totaled 50 yards when he played us in TWO games.
    Well according to Belichick and the captains he's made a positive impact on the team and it's easy to see for us when we don't have to have Arrington and McCourty at CBs with dumb and dumber at safety. I'll take their word for it. Just remember this time around there won't be any Edelman on Boldin and Slater at safety

It's supposed to be very windy in Foxboro. Unfortunately that may effect the success rate of our deep passing attack.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Rice is going to by why ne can't defend the deep ball. If ne brings a safety up to stop the run the ravens will go deep

I think the Pats are good enough at stopping the run with their front 7 that they'll seldom need to sneak safeties into the box, or atleast not enough to make it that big of a weakness against the deep ball.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gronkey Kong View Post
    I think the Pats are good enough at stopping the run with their front 7 that they'll seldom need to sneak safeties into the box, or atleast not enough to make it that big of a weakness against the deep ball.
    Good luck with that have you seen our new look oline?