Chiefs and Bucs make the world a better place

From Peter King's column today:

9. I think two teams did nice things over the weekend that should be recognized: The Chiefs announced that owner Clark Hunt will give each season-ticket account-holder a free personalized Chiefs jersey, with a STH (season-ticket-holder) patch on the shoulder. These are the new Nike jerseys that lots of fans would likely have been buying anyway. Now Hunt will be buying them for the fans, one per account. And in Tampa, the Bucs surprised their most veteran employee, Jill Hobbs, who has worked for the team for 35 years, with a personalized Bucs jersey, No. 35, and a check for $35,000. Classy moves, both.
    I'm a sucker for stories like these & I couldn't resist sharing it here, though some of you saw it already, I'm sure.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Re: Chiefs and Bucs make the world a better place

I expect things like that from the Chiefs as they're a team that'll spend money but the Bucs are notoriously cheap.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    I expect things like that from the Chiefs as they're a team that'll spend money but the Bucs are notoriously cheap.
    True. The Glazer's who own the Bucs also own Manchester United. They are trying to bring the company public on the Singapore exchange. They will sell about 1/4 of the team to a bunch of suckers, shareholders, and make a fortune off of dumb fans. If they could do that with the Bucs I bet they would.

Uh
    Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    From Peter King's column today:

I'm a sucker for stories like these & I couldn't resist sharing it here, though some of you saw it already, I'm sure.
    Personalized.. does that mean your name will be on the back of the Jersey?... That's coool, way cool, as now the stadium will be full of people you know... no introductions needed!

Blog Entries

That's really cool about the Chiefs. Definitely shows their fans that they care about them and are grateful for their business.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Classy moves

Somebody send this to the biscuit. I could use a personalized jersey.
    • Section 133 for eternity!
    • I know... The family resemblance is uncanny.
    • START WEARING PURPLE!!!!

Blog Entries

you wont ever see the Ravens do something like this for their fans. All we have ever got was magnet schedules but they dont even do that any more. My father is a PSL holder for the Jets and every year they send him a gift. Last year they got hats with their section on the back

sometimes i get a letter stating prices are going up because if not biscotti can't afford to compete with the larger market teams in the league..

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post
    you wont ever see the Ravens do something like this for their fans. All we have ever got was magnet schedules but they dont even do that any more. My father is a PSL holder for the Jets and every year they send him a gift. Last year they got hats with their section on the back
    Apparently my name is engraved on some wall outside the main gate.:ww:

Not sure how that is an added benefit to all PSL holders though.

What happens to the names if they sell their PSLs as has already been done by many of the original PSL holders whos name is on that wall?

It is of no benefit to the people that currently own those seats either now.

The only extra benefit I would Really like and would choose to be rewarded with for kicking out my hard earned dollars is Lombardi trophys.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Cool gesture.

But I'd rather the team use the extra money towards the team and facilities than to give me free stuff from time to time.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Cool gesture.

But I'd rather the team use the extra money towards the team and facilities than to give me free stuff from time to time.
    I agree. We do get Christmas cards and that yearbook every year.

As for the PSL Walls (there are two, one on each side of the main gate) they are supposed to honor/salute all the original PSL holders. I went and found my name when the walls first went up, but haven't been back.
    "I used to be disgusted, now I try to be amused" - Elvis Costello