Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Trump fallout links

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Fuck yeah he should be charged.
    We have to agree to disagree here. But more importantly, because I don't' know what happened and most of this is me speculating I am not going to say anymore except that I think there were probably a lot of people there with different levels of awareness of what was okay and what was not, some that just followed people through an open door thinking they were allowed and people in front of a line that started with a crowbar or window being broken. I simply don't know. I don't know. I do think you don't treat a grandpa from Minnesota who thought he was doing nothing illegal the same as a guy with a pipe bomb and zip ties, or a kid that wanted to witness and record history that was also a follower for that matter. I suspect they will have to make decisions on what they are going to go after and suspect it will be full blitz on some things and people down to nothing, even if they know who a guy is, except maybe an interview and a note in a file. Full force and fury of the law should come down on anyone that harmed a police officer, was in possession of a WMD or was an instigator, like the kid that started it in front of that barrier.

I will also say I think given the climate of the last year you would have to be somewhat deranged to think taking place in something like this was a good idea. Nothing but bad things were going to happen. So if nothing else this was natural selection taking place.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's tricky Ex and I'll give you an example why. There was a black kid from Utah there who is a local BLM kid that entered the capital but said he was there to "observe and record" what was going on. Do you think he should be charged? I don't.
    Kid should be charged. I don’t care IF he thought he was an observer and reporter.... he didn’t have credentials to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    First thing we've agreed on in God knows how long.

It is the UNITED STATES CAPITOL BUILDING. YOU DO NOT FUCK WITH IT. If you do not know the rules and regulations of how it works, that is not our problem. Ignorance is not an excuse here. Craziness is ensuing all around you and you decide to go in anyway? Handcuffs young man. NCRaven posted the video of the young woman yelling for people not to go when they went past the little assed pieces of metal they called gates. She knew what was up.

For you to even be that close to begin with is grounds for arrest for trespassing.
    They were trying to burn down a Federal building all summer in Portland. Federal Marshalls were partially blinded with lasers and they had explosive devices, fireworks, rockets, projectiles shot and fired at them in what amounted to prolonged siege and no one seemed to give a crap then. Maybe you did and if you did I apologize but federal buildings have been under armed assault all summer. Not sure who if anyone was arrested. I know people freaked out that Trump sent federal resources to help or offered to. Sigh.

Blog Entries

They were trying to burn down a Federal building all summer in Portland. Federal Marshalls were partially blinded with lasers and they had explosive devices, fireworks, rockets, projectiles shot and fired at them in what amounted to prolonged siege and no one seemed to give a crap then. Maybe you did and if you did I apologize but federal buildings have been under armed assault all summer.
    Yes I did and as I said before I wanted them all arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law and there were a great deal of people who felt the same way. There is a lot of mistrust about the mainstream media on this forum and the only place where there remotely wasn't outrage about it could be on that same media, which wouldn't have been trusted here to begin with. There's no reason to think that they speak for any large majority.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

What are we hearing about how his followers are handling all of this? From his initial speech before the storming, to his condemning the violence eventually and suggesting that everyone who committed crimes be prosecuted?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yes I did and as I said before I wanted them all arrested and charged to the fullest extent of the law and there were a great deal of people who felt the same way. There is a lot of mistrust about the mainstream media on this forum and the only place where there remotely wasn't outrage about it could be on that same media, which wouldn't have been trusted here to begin with. There's no reason to think that they speak for any large majority.
    Yeah, I surely don't watch the cable news media. I watch the Ravens. On an antennae. And when that's over, hopefully next month, i'll go back to cooking videos, ebike videos, off the grid living videos, natural history, ancient history, and prehistoric history videos....

Agree that the country is lacking a trusted source of news and information that speaks to the majority. It's silos trying to pit one group against the other and keep people angry and coming back for more because that's the best business model.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 01-08-2021 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Kid should be charged. I don’t care IF he thought he was an observer and reporter.... he didn’t have credentials to be there.
    Yep. Everyone who trespassed should be charged. And if that is all they did, I would think a hefty fine and a suspended sentence is in order.

Anyone who caused any sort of physical damage or stole anything should be looking at a couple months jail time (plus a hefty fine and restitution)

And anyone who assaulted a Cop (or other Federal Officer) or incited others to riot, should be looking at couple years in jail.

And before we get a stupid crapload of "butwhatabout"-ism, this is 100% true for the Portland folks as well.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Yep. Everyone who trespassed should be charged. And if that is all they did, I would think a hefty fine and a suspended sentence is in order.

Anyone who caused any sort of physical damage or stole anything should be looking at a couple months jail time (plus a hefty fine and restitution)

And anyone who assaulted a Cop (or other Federal Officer) or incited others to riot, should be looking at couple years in jail.

And before we get a stupid crapload of "butwhatabout"-ism, this is 100% true for the Portland folks as well.
    So we agree there will will be levels of severity of penalties. The difference is that I think there will be another level of punishment that is zero or none.

I've been known to be wrong before though so..... I'm the genius that was like "Oh nothing's going to happen you guys are being hysterical...." meanwhile buffalo guy was already inside the senate chamber.

Blog Entries

So we agree there will will be levels of severity of penalties. The difference is that I think there will be another level of punishment that is zero or none.

I've been known to be wrong before though so..... I'm the genius that was like "Oh nothing's going to happen you guys are being hysterical...." meanwhile buffalo guy was already inside the senate chamber.
    Have they caught him yet?

Have they caught him yet?
    Ha ha, I think he was the first guy fingered. He didn't exactly pick an inconspicuous outfit.

I know they got some guy that had his feed kicked up on Pelosi's desk. He didn't look too happy in his orange jump suit photo. I don't think anyone that made it that far in could be construed as not knowing what they were doing was at the very least "not allowed." My brothers fiancé is a big wig in the Senate. Knows president Obama apparently and lots of the Senators so I'll have to find out from him what exactly happened when this is said and done

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Right, so no police station was set on fire over the summer, it was all just disrupting traffic????
    When did I ever say the blm protests were ok. I said that destroying property is bs and it sucks.

Trying to equate a racial protest that turned into a riot to literal treason with the intent to physically harm elected officials to overturned decided election is like trying to compare burglary and vandalism to... well literal fucking treason

You had two groups of people exercising their first amendment rights to protest about a civil rights issue only to have that tarred and hijacked by the bad behavior of a minority people in their midst. The right to a fair election is a civil right. We don't have government or a country if that one is not in place. You are acting like everyone in that crowd was a seditious pipe bomb wielding white supremacist, lol.

Anyway, I'm seeing this quote from acting Attorney General Jeffry "Those who are proven to have committed criminal acts during the storming of the Capitol will face justice."

They are focusing on the criminals. I had a problem with the notion you would hunt every person at the Capital down and prosecute them. I think most of them probably had no clue even what was going on. It was just a big Rally.
    The ppl who entered the building should be charged with trespassing, the ppl who were violent should be charged with assault, the cops who let the protesters in need to either face chargers or explain if they were told fom higher up to be complicit