Page 17 of 44 FirstFirst ... 1516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Breonna Taylor

Re: Breonna Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    And that is what everyone, the NBA players and protests were setting, that it had to do with racism? And now that the cops aren't getting charged with murder, people are losing their shit, again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Yes.

There are some of us who think that this is by design.

Make and repeat accusations of racism whenever something horrible like this happens. Even when you know it isn't true.. Because when honest jurors decide honestly... it looks like even MORE racism...

Lather rinse repeat

Quote Originally Posted by owknows View Post
    Yes.

There are some of us who think that this is by design.

Make and repeat accusations of racism whenever something horrible like this happens. Even when you know it isn't true.. Because when honest jurors decide honestly... it looks like even MORE racism...

Lather rinse repeat
    Thanks for helping me catch up

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    He could make an outstanding journalist in today's world.
    I suppose that is what bothers me. I don’t personally know Dirt, but I’ve known him as a member of RSR for years...sheesh, probably close to 20 years at this point (as I’ve known most of you). And in that time I’ve never really felt Dirt was an unreasonable person...but just repeating false narratives like this with that level of ease...it’s disappointing to say the least.

We all need to be better about understanding the facts of a situation before taking a position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    OK, I haven't really paid any attention to this story and going through this thread the discussion is all over the place. From what I understand:

A black woman who was a EMT got shot because the police entered into a house with a no knock warrant. Her boyfriend who legally owns a gun fired at the police who were in plain clothes and didn't announce themselves, hence the no knock, and the police returned fire which is when she was shot.

Who was the warrant for?
    Who's house was it?
    What was it for? Drugs right?
    Was she an expected drug dealer?

Charles - this is the problem.

As you state it, definitely sounds bad.

Her boyfriend was being investigated for drug trafficking. I can’t say if he legally owned a firearm, but that would be strange to me that he was a known drug trafficker and owned a legal weapon.

The cops did execute a no-knock warrant (which is legal, mind you) against the apartment that Taylor and her boyfriend were in. Taylor was supposedly laying down on the couch.

Evidence now shows not only did the cops knock on the door, but they announced themselves as well. The boyfriend fired at them. The cops returned fire. Stray rounds hit Taylor and killed her. The cop that was charged looks like he may have just started shooting in the general direction of Taylor’s boyfriend without aiming.

It’s a damn shame any way you cut it, but the media, rioters, and leftists are pushing this narrative that she was some innocent bystander and the cops murdered her because she was black. It’s just simply not true.

Then they try and charge these cops with murder and it doesn’t stick because we have a court of law where the prosecution has an obligation to provide evidence supporting the charge and they just cannot provide that evidence because it doesn’t exist.

So it looks like these cops are getting away with it. And you have people up in arms over a false narrative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I suppose that is what bothers me. I don’t personally know Dirt, but I’ve known him as a member of RSR for years...sheesh, probably close to 20 years at this point (as I’ve known most of you). And in that time I’ve never really felt Dirt was an unreasonable person...but just repeating false narratives like this with that level of ease...it’s disappointing to say the least.

We all need to be better about understanding the facts of a situation before taking a position.

The media is the main culprit in all of this. They re trying their hardest to divide us with so called racist stories like this that are not racial, but refuse to cover big breaking stories about corrupt Joe Biden and his son Hunter making millions and the FBI leaving out information when submitting reports to the FISA courts, let alone the Mueller team wiping all their phones. (sound familiar?) .

Charles - this is the problem.

As you state it, definitely sounds bad.

Her boyfriend was being investigated for drug trafficking. I can’t say if he legally owned a firearm, but that would be strange to me that he was a known drug trafficker and owned a legal weapon.

The cops did execute a no-knock warrant (which is legal, mind you) against the apartment that Taylor and her boyfriend were in. Taylor was supposedly laying down on the couch.

Evidence now shows not only did the cops knock on the door, but they announced themselves as well. The boyfriend fired at them. The cops returned fire. Stray rounds hit Taylor and killed her. The cop that was charged looks like he may have just started shooting in the general direction of Taylor’s boyfriend without aiming.

It’s a damn shame any way you cut it, but the media, rioters, and leftists are pushing this narrative that she was some innocent bystander and the cops murdered her because she was black. It’s just simply not true.

Then they try and charge these cops with murder and it doesn’t stick because we have a court of law where the prosecution has an obligation to provide evidence supporting the charge and they just cannot provide that evidence because it doesn’t exist.

So it looks like these cops are getting away with it. And you have people up in arms over a false narrative.

It sound alike the issue is the no knock warrant and has nothing to do with her being black. She just happened to be black.

So how is this situation racist?

“I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

The laws around this situation are the issue. It’s not about Black or White.... there are major changes needed to the law to stop the initial warrant being issued.

People are protesting and I think they should be. BUT they should be protesting because she is black. They should be protesting because the law is wrong.

Rioting is wrong. I don’t support it.

This is interesting.

One of the officers shot in Louisville showed up at Roll Call the next day with a hoodie that said "Nobody Cares ... Work Harder"..

Wonder if he's a Lamar and Ravens fan.

https://nypost.com/2020/09/25/louisv...ot-at-protest/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    The laws around this situation are the issue. It’s not about Black or White.... there are major changes needed to the law to stop the initial warrant being issued.

People are protesting and I think they should be. BUT they should be protesting because she is black. They should be protesting because the law is wrong.

Rioting is wrong. I don’t support it.
    No Knock Warrants should def go away.

Breonna Taylor

No Knock Warrants should def go away.

Sometimes those damn rioters/protesters/annoying things have a reason to complain/protest.... it’s just not always what they think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleG View Post
    Sometimes those damn rioters/protesters/annoying things have a reason to complain/protest.... it’s just not always what they think it is.
    It would however, be much more effective if it was what they thought it was.

Blog Entries

Kenneth Walker wasn't being investigated for drug dealing. He had a concealed-carry permit for the firearm, which isn't even necessary in Kentucky anymore to carry concealed. He called 911 after Taylor had been shot because he still didn't know it was police invading his home.

The rightwing bubble is full of misinformation about this case in a disgusting effort to defend the police state.

Correcting the misinformation about Breonna Taylor